IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

AQ I'm 36 turning 37 this year so think that combined with zero AMH made it easier. I just asked the embryologist to speak to Dr Russell who I ha discussed and agreed at our consultation that he wouldn't have a prob if I have 2 put back in. True to his word he said of at any point there was resistance to ask for him.

Ohhhhh lucky you and a girlie weekend away. Glad to hear you are on with planning with help of your GP. Have you given any thought to DHEA, know you were thinking about it but perhaps worth it for your next one.

Good luck and keep us all posted on here.

Still got another 5 days to wait until I know either way - nervously excited if that's possible! Anyone know what the odds of getting a positive from 2 blasts? I know they it increases your chances of getting a positive by 20% but wonder what 2 gives me??

Well my OH won't be coming home from wembely a happy man - obviously my team won now to see if I get any luck with the national. Only thing I ever bet on for a bit of fun!

Have a great day all you lovelies xx

Mrse75- don't think it's worth getting hung up on the chances. They were funny putting 2 blasts in for me although I'm 36- then said putting two in can assist implantation. Just try and relax and let them do their thing ;) xx

I have ordered some dhea so just waiting for it to arrive. I agree with lindy that no point thinking of odds. It works or not. Everything crossed for you xxx

No- actually just looking at holidays! Friend has said I can go to her apartment in Spain so might look at flights :) Think we need a break to get ourselves ready for our next goes. Xxxx

Hi ladies

I hope you don't mind me asking a quick question.
Me and my DH are under dr sajjad at st Mary's, as my DH has azoospermia. The waiting list is at least 12 months at st marys for sperm retrieval on the nhs. Does anybody know of the waiting list at liverpool? I have phoned a couple of times, have left several voicemails, but have received no call back. I am hoping that if the wait is less I can have my funds transferred.
Jo x

Morning ladies ! This is a random question I know, but what foods are good for making follies grow. !!! I woke up with that thought and couldn't find an answer haha ! Xxx

AQ- I meant , thought you and dh were having a trip
To Spain. Xxx

Jules - lots of people say drink milk, eat 65g of protein each day and drink at least 2L of filtered water and get your 5 a day. Not sure if it works or not but seemed to work for me!

Good luck xx

Hi jules- I just ate healthy. Plenty of fruit and veg and keep the water going to help stop over stimming. Worked for me x

Jojo- not sure about wait for new referral. Me and dh referred October, PIE night November then in middle January to start bloods etc. we started my next cycle but had been referred from another dept in the women's. Seem to move fast.

Anybody know anything about CARE in Manchester?

Hi ladies hope everyone is well, just thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is xx

Well we've had a change of plan we are going to do another cycle with care, I just don't think I know enough about the clinics in Cyprus and coz they're not regulated it's a bit of a risk so we've booked a holiday in June 2 weeks in fuertaventura and then we'll start cycle #5 in July so Lindy we may be cycling together with care.

I think coz I've seen some good results from Care lately so we'll see what they recommend on our follow up and hope they know what they're doing xxxx

Lindy- Oh no we couldnt afford for me an dh to go away together at the moment. Hope to go away at some point together this yr though x

Bugs- Glad you are in the position to have a holiday an then start again in UK. We will most likely have to seek treatment abroad if we dont get additional funding as would take us forever to save £6000. GL x

Hi to everyone else xxx

I know I'm very lucky that my parents can fund it or we would be screwed xx I hope you get some extra funding out of the Women's you certainly deserve it xxx

Thanks Bugs. Im glad ur parents can help you. I know my dad would if he could too.
omg cant believe we will be doing it all again in the summer(all being well with me) can you? xxx

I know, I can't believe I'm going again for the 5th time xxx

Bugs- I bet u cant! i find it hard to believe it will be 3rd time for us as stupidly thought 2nd time HAD to work :( lots of luck to us both! x

Lindy- Here is the link for SW thread ;-) https://www.babyandbump.com/dieting...-world-diet-support-thread-2011-part-2-a.html

xxx

We will hopefully all be Going together again! AQ is there anything you can do to start applying for funding now? Surely they have to give you another shot. I do hope they will.

Bugs- I'm at the Hewitt at the moment but read about CARE do thinking maybe try again at Hewitt and hopefully that works but if not head to CARE. Not sure if Hewitt will say anything about further testing etc.

Will you be self funding for your next go, I think you have to go with your gut I wasn't happy at the Women's I just felt that I'd give them 2 cycles and I just felt it was the right time to move.

I've got my follow up at the end of the month with a different consultant a lady this time so will be firing Lot's of questions at her for the next go !!!

I have been very impressed by my treatment at care and am very relieved that we can use them again.

AQ if you have to pay for the next cycle I was told about a clinic in Sheffield called the Jessop unit they charge £3585 which apparently includes medication so if you didn't want to travel abroad it could be an option. Not sure about the success rates though xxxx

OMG Lindy are post count is exactly the same how fecking freaking xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->