IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Has anybody used the endoscope?

Likkle- I have thought about changing , just to see if they manage anything better. I have pretty much decided to try the women's again. The nurses have been fantastic with me and really supportive. Even when I had my miscarriage one of the doctors called me. The only thing that has annoyed me is the fact I have not seen a consultant yet. If I need to pay ( which hopefully I won't because it works!!) I probably will try somewhere else- just to see if a different regime works. Will see what they say at my follow up.

Hey hun! That's annoyed me too! Who's clinic are you under?

I've had a terrible experience so far! Was supposed to see the consultant last week to discuss all my test results eyc, instead I got the matron who basically told me I either go with ivf or go back to my Gp and get referred for further investigations pain management from them! Wasn't very impressed! (was admitted for 3 days when I had the HSG, te readmitted a week later in agony when my period come turned out it was a UTI)

Saw my Gp who told me I needed to get back in touch with the women's, so I contacted PALS there who has arranged for me to actually see the consultant on Tuesday this coming week!

The matron said I've got mild hlydrosanpix in both tubes although the HSG showed delayed spill an referred me to start ivf. Only phoned them as I'm still in pain and my Gp referred me for an ultrasound bit it could take upto 6weeks

Don't know what to ask though. Caused some tension between DH and I because I'm really unhappy there and am considering go elsewhere

Likkle- I have thought about changing , just to see if they manage anything better. I have pretty much decided to try the women's again. The nurses have been fantastic with me and really supportive. Even when I had my miscarriage one of the doctors called me. The only thing that has annoyed me is the fact I have not seen a consultant yet. If I need to pay ( which hopefully I won't because it works!!) I probably will try somewhere else- just to see if a different regime works. Will see what they say at my follow up.

Lindy - we paid to use the Embryoscope it was £700 at HC - we figured that keeping the embryos at a constant environment would be the best way to go plus they film the developments of your embies whilst inside. We viewed that if it didn't work 1st time they would have the info from the Embryoscope to perhaps change something for 2nd cycle. Turns out it worked for us with 2 Blastos plus so lovely tidy we got our cd of the picture taken of the embies spliting, etc to make our blastos. It was lovely to see and now we printed off a pic and OH has put it in a frame on my bedside table until we can tell people!

Are you thinking of using it?

Morning ladies, I hope your all well.
MrsE & Sharkey, hope your taking it easy :)

So yesterday we went for our day 10 scan following on from the day 7 one. we have ended up with 50+ follies, some are 20+ mm, some are a medium size but there are quite a lot of small sized ones. So it explains why I have been in so much pain. I literally can't walk far my stomach is so painful. So they have told us that there is a lot of signs of OHSS and although they are going to do egg collection on Monday, they may not put our embies in next week, they will freeze them if I get any worse.
So I'm a mixed bag of feelings right now, trying desperately not to feel sorry for myself but it's difficult when your in pain isn't it.
On Wednesday when they did bloods they didn't lower the menopur, kept it at 3 Amps. But I really think they should have as I'm now in more pain than I was on Monday. The sister said if they had they run the risk of the big ones getting bigger .
Anyhow, sorry to moan girls just needed to have a rant. Been put on rest this weekend but to fair I can't get down the stairs without a struggle so that'd going to be easy!

Hi to everyone xxx

Jules goodness it must be so painful just take it really easy. On the flip side you seem to have reacted REALLY well to the drugs so you should have a good choice of eggs to work with and any luck you will get 2 rounds of FET if needed so it is a great start. I can imagine how upset you must be when your not feeling well anyway you get emotional, plus all the hormones and that you went through all that to get embies back with you. They will be it may just take a little bit longer than you originally thought so stay positive and get yourself fit and well if they decide to freeze them so your body is in the best way to get your embies back xxx

How is everyone else today?

Sharkey - any twinges or anything to report??? Prob a bit early yet they say implantation is usually 5-7 days after transfer

Afm- I've got a nice weekend last night out with our friends 6 months preggo from IVF so pair is us sat their while OHs drank wine and beer, today just going for a gentle walk and then pottering/relaxing and tomorrow lunch with friends for a birthday. So lovely few days. OH announced he'd like us go away for a night next weekend just two of us before the madness kicks in after our first scan so we'll see what I can find.

Hey hun! That's annoyed me too! Who's clinic are you under?

I've had a terrible experience so far! Was supposed to see the consultant last week to discuss all my test results eyc, instead I got the matron who basically told me I either go with ivf or go back to my Gp and get referred for further investigations pain management from them! Wasn't very impressed! (was admitted for 3 days when I had the HSG, te readmitted a week later in agony when my period come turned out it was a UTI)

Saw my Gp who told me I needed to get back in touch with the women's, so I contacted PALS there who has arranged for me to actually see the consultant on Tuesday this coming week!

The matron said I've got mild hlydrosanpix in both tubes although the HSG showed delayed spill an referred me to start ivf. Only phoned them as I'm still in pain and my Gp referred me for an ultrasound bit it could take upto 6weeks

Don't know what to ask though. Caused some tension between DH and I because I'm really unhappy there and am considering go elsewhere

It's horrible you have had to chase around and push to get seen. I can honestly say that throughout the treatment all the nurses I saw were really lovely and helpful and when I had a worry after egg collection and rang they rang me straight back. I do worry that it's sort of a conveyor belt and the treatment isn't specific for me but I'm hoping that's just because it was my first go and they didn't know how I would react. I will be going in with a list of questions to ask.... They will be cursing me :)
I am under mr gazvani, never met him but walked past his office once :) The doc who rang me was Richard Russell and he was lovely but not able to do my follow up till late may so have managed to get appointment brought forward and am seeing Lucy - she is meant to be really good. I will see what they say then.

Lindy - we paid to use the Embryoscope it was £700 at HC - we figured that keeping the embryos at a constant environment would be the best way to go plus they film the developments of your embies whilst inside. We viewed that if it didn't work 1st time they would have the info from the Embryoscope to perhaps change something for 2nd cycle. Turns out it worked for us with 2 Blastos plus so lovely tidy we got our cd of the picture taken of the embies spliting, etc to make our blastos. It was lovely to see and now we printed off a pic and OH has put it in a frame on my bedside table until we can tell people!

Are you thinking of using it?

We are Definitaly thinking of using it next time. We got 4 blasts last time but will do anything to try an help their progress.

Julie- I had about 30 and found it so uncomfortable. No wonder you are feelin like that. They also told me that they may not do transfer and freeze them for a few months. I started on loads of that lucosade stuff, Plenty of fluids and they did do the transfer. Although I was sore after collection ( only needed a few doses of painkillers though- like AF pains) I kept the fluids going and was fine. Also, because they got so many eggs (16) I got to 5 day transfer by which time I felt fine. They told me to have at least 3l of fluid per day but not just water as that can add to the bloating. Xx

AFM- bit as today. Should have been my scan today. Got out and about to try a keep busy but everywhere I looked seemed to be babies and baby clothes in every shop :(

Jules; no wonder your in that much pain with the amount of follies you have...... The Hewitt should of realised you were a prime candidate for OHSS on your Day 7 scan...... Try & relax as much as possible & keep you fingers crossed they will go ahead with ET x x

MrsE; A night away will do you both the world of good, change of scenery and all that!! How you feeling? x x

Lindy; try & keep yourself occupied, i know it sounds easier said than done but believe it does work.... Sending you kots of hugs x x

AFM; Haven't slept much last night, bloated, been cramping all day, moody as hell & have been having twinges that make you go outch..... It feels exactly like AF would be a week before...... My mind Is a mess at the moment x x

Hi Sharkey - I'm feeling ok actually been varying degrees of bloating plus on and off had some nausea, still getting twinges and I had pain which made me want to shout out so it's a good sign fingers crossed!!! I've not slept a full night since I had my eggs put back in so get used to it ha, ha!

All sounds good though for you xx

Jules - drink plenty and you may be ok for transfer GL!

Thanks everyone for your advice.... Means a lot .
Lindy.... Did it take slightly onger during ec as there is so many ? Understand how it au b difficult for you to day. Sending a big hug xx

Sharkey.... I agree.... They should have realised on Wednesday as I kept telling them. But who am I ...ha!!
MrsE.... Thanks... Drinking like no tomorrow but it's hard to get the stairs to the loo haha!! X
Just on the paracetamol and lucozade stuff as recommended by lindy! I am really trying today positive so I'm going to go there on Monday with pma oozing out of me ! I think they need to take these things out of me just to make some room in there ! My stomach has probably trebled in size and I already look 9 months pregnant - I wish lol!!!
Trigger shot tonight at10pm but for some reason I'm incredibly nervous about that and I can't really explain why.

Thanks everyone, hope your all ok okay x

I was really worried about EC- I was in tears a few times over it so when they said a lot of follicles I was pleased it had worked but worried about how long I would be asleep. I had no idea how long I was asleep for but dh said he reckons I was gone 15-20 mins so think it prob took 10 mins tops. I have seriously suffered with worse AF than what I felt afterwards. If I was having it done again tomorrow I wouldn't worry about the procedure- id be apprehensive but I would mainly be hoping for lovely healthy eggs and lots fertilising! So take it from the biggest worrier who was a mess before EC- seriously don't worry about it. Xxx

Jules - how did the trigger shot go? I remember being really worried incase the follies matured too early and released before EC - but they have it all worked out so ther is absolutely nothing to worry about just consentrate on not having OHSS that's all you can possibly do now so you get your transfer xxx

Got everything crossed for you. Enjoy your needle free day!!! X

Morning MrsE .... It went ok I didn't like it much ! Few tears but mostly due to my pain ! However, something was going on in there last night cos I didn't sleep one bit and pain was awful.
But your right, today I'm just going to get myself sorted for tomorrow and take regular paracetamol ! I'm so relived no more needles !!! That's the only part I'm ecstatic about right now !
Hope your ok xx

Put your feet up jules. Take it easy. Have a last long luxurious bath and relax for tomorrow. Xxxx

How are you feeling sharkey? X

GL for tomorrow Jules

HI to everyone else how you are all well xxx

Jules; Good Luck with tomorrow, I'm sure you will be fine x Will come on here to check on you.....

Melbram; things will soon start to roll for you!! x

Lindy; I'm getting AF cramps & keep getting twinges In my right hand side In the same place & some backache... I really don't know If It's the progesterone or Implantation.... I'll just have to wait & see x I've also dreamt Im pregnant 2 nights on the trott now & giving birth to a little girl, I'm putting that down to obsessing & talking about pregnancy a lot......
How are you? x x

MrsE; Hope everything Is okay? x

Sharkey- Thank you for asking after me. I dont post as much anymore as im a long way off having more treatment so dont have much to say really but wanted to pop in an say congrats on being pupo an keep the pma. You were told you have virtually zero chance of getting any eggs with a amh of 0.00 so to be pupo is fab. Lots of luck. I also think 1 embie transferred lessens chances of success after 2 failed 1 embie transfers BUT i know of a few ladies who got preg after 1 embie transfers so its down to luck really and if 2 take then 1 would of too so stay strong xxx

AQ; I'm just gonna take each day as It comes. If I'm pregnant then that will be a blessing & If not I will just dust myself down, get up & try again until we succeed.... x x

AQ- good to see you here..... Know exactly where you are coming from!!

Jules- big good luck tomorrow.

Melbram- how are you doing

Sharkey- most implantation symptoms overlap with pre menstrual which overlap with progesterone side effects. No wonder we are so on edge!! Keep relaxing. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->