IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Jules - good luck for your EC today I'll keep an eye out for your update. Rest up and take it easy x

Jules; how did you get on with EC..... Hope your a home with your feet up x

MrsE; I'm sure the days are dragging until your scan x

AFM; I tested to see If the HCG was out & sure enough It has, so If I test before the 2nd then I'll know It's the real thing...... Haven't slept at all again last night, was up at 2:30 for the toilet & couldn't get go back to sleep.... My OH also mentioned that my breasts look & feel heavier & I'm stil cramping & getting twinges In my right hand side & backache..... Don't know what to think really so putting everything down to progesterone x x x

Hi everyone..... Thanks for all your messages.

Well, what a day, have not long got back after being there since 9 this morning. Was in absolute agony this morning and more than happy to be put to sleep for a while ! They ended up getting 11 eggs in total but told due to what's going on with me that they will want to freeze most of them and come back in 3 months. I wasn't over joyed with this but now they are going to see if they can keep 2 little embies and freeze the others if there are any, in the hope that this week I will feel better and hopefully have ET.

I'm a bit confused by it all to be honest but I think we just have to wait and see when they call us in the morning with hopefully good news about how many have fertilised.

I just hope we haven't gone through all of this for nothing.
Sorry if i am rambling and not making sense but still in a lot of pain. Was nearly admitted but felt slightly better after the codeine so they let me go.

Hope everyone is ok and resting well :) xxx

Hi Jules i was exactly the same as you at last scan i had over 50 follies and was in agony felt like i was gonna burst, they didn't reduce my meds though after day 5 scan even though I've got pcos so likely to get ohss. They collected 11 eggs from me too but had terrible time after tin collection had to be kept in for hours til they were happy with me going home. After egg collection i was in so much pain had to take an entire week off work coz couldn't walk. Stupidly i didn't tell HC this coz i worried what implications this would have on transfer, i had day 5 transfer brilliant blasto put back in and 5 left to, unfortunately none of there could be frozen coz i apparently blastos don't freeze well, got my bfp after the 2ww but then bled 5 days later, the point is i firmly believe it was future to the ohss that embie didn't implant if only id told them how much pain i was in and that i had all symptoms of ohss i might be pregnant now, if i had the option i would let them freeze your embies and get your body in perfect condition heady to received your little one i wish i had. Good luck and sorry for long post xxx

Hi everyone..... Thanks for all your messages.

Well, what a day, have not long got back after being there since 9 this morning. Was in absolute agony this morning and more than happy to be put to sleep for a while ! They ended up getting 11 eggs in total but told due to what's going on with me that they will want to freeze most of them and come back in 3 months. I wasn't over joyed with this but now they are going to see if they can keep 2 little embies and freeze the others if there are any, in the hope that this week I will feel better and hopefully have ET.

I'm a bit confused by it all to be honest but I think we just have to wait and see when they call us in the morning with hopefully good news about how many have fertilised.

I just hope we haven't gone through all of this for nothing.
Sorry if i am rambling and not making sense but still in a lot of pain. Was nearly admitted but felt slightly better after the codeine so they let me go.

Hope everyone is ok and resting well :) xxx[/QUOTE]

Hi lanny...... Everything you have described above is a mirror image of how things have been for me... How strange ! I had a terrible time after collection too with the pain but I am just hoping that it eases. But your right, I do need to just get myself better before anything else happens. I just feel so down about it all.
Your post is most appreciated and i thank you for sharing with me. It's strange how we have been so similar .
Xx

Hi Jules. Sorry you have had such a bad day. Hopefully you get a good call tomorrow about fertilisation and that will give you a boost. Xxxx

Jules; hope you get a good report tomorrow morning & you get better very soon x x Put your feet up, relax & take care of yourself x

Jules i just had to post when i read you experience because it was so similar to mine i just really wish id told the HC about my symptoms at least I'll know for this time round. Im sure everything will be fine out of my 11 eggs 6 fertilized and all got to blasto stage so Im sure fertilization will be good with you too. I'll check on here tomorrow to see your good news once you've got your call. Try and sleep tonight easier said than done i know! Take care xxx

Jules- Good luck for fert report tomorrow and get some rest and lots of fluids and milk down you to help with ohss. xxx

Good luck Jules, keeping everything crossed for you :thumbup:

:hugs: :dust: :hugs:
xx

Jules - good luck hope you get a good call this morning! :)

Morning everyone, thanks for your messages ��
Just had the call about 20 mins ago...... Out of the 11 eggs we have 6 that are fertilised. Really so happy about that..... They are going to take them to a 5day blastocyst which is great news but they said they may call on Thursday 1 st thing if they think they will need to do it that day, but fingers crossed for 5day. But for now we are booked in on Saturday @ 10.30.

I'm just wondering, and I don't know if I'm too late, but when do we tell them that we would like 2 going back in ? I haven't had much of a chance to tell them yet, it was all very rushed.. Is sat too late ? And how do we convince them to do it !?

Hi to everyone xxx

Hi jules yay that's great news 6 fertilised!! I personally spoke to them about puttin two back from the first call cos I was only looking at 3 day transfer so I asked them
to go and speak to the doc I had agreed with originally that if I got two embryos both would be out back. So this gave them the time to speak to him. Turns out we got to Blasto too but still on my file that I could have 2 put back. I would start the discussion sooner rather than later but then on Sat the embryologist will come and see you before transfer to go through things I just wanted it agreed up front so the transfer would be no hassle or arguments. At the end of the day they will try and convince you only to have one but they are your embryos. Great news now just get your OhSS sorted and you will be fine.

How are you feeling today any better?

Thanks MrsE.... Looks like we will wait til sat then and discuss it before hand.
I feel slightly better but still sore. Had a slightly better nights sleep but had the water bottle with me so that helped ! I'm drinking lots of milk and water so hopefully that will help.
Isn't it crazy to think that your little embies are in the lab .... it's a strange feeling !
How are you feeling MrsE ?

Sharkey hope your ok too.

Hi to everyone xx

Jules; congratulations on having 6 eggs fertilise :)) Brilliant news!!! I would discuss putting 2 embies on the day of ET. We were going to put 2 back but on the day the 2nd embie wasn't growing very well, they advised us not to put It back In but weren't stopping us either...... I'm sure they will allow you, rest up now unil ET x

MrsE; hope your okay? x

AFM; I'm a total emotional wreck, cried my eyes out last night & first thing this morning..... Totally convinced that this cycle hasn't worked for us, I know I should stay positive until OTD but I am finding It very difficult x x 2nd May couldn't come any sooner x

Jules - I'm feeling ok actually. Although today I feel terribly sick so eaten something an felt worse but hey ho I'll get there I'm sure and I'm certainly not going to be complaining about it. I just want 10 may to come quickly so I know how many! OH is convinced its twins by the amount of food I'm eating lol!

Sharkey - now where did you put your PMA pants???? I know the 2ww is hard but you only have a week left. Try an organise things so the weekend goes quickly is my advice! You cannot possibly know either way due to all the drugs, progesterone, etc so please get back PMA you owe it to your embie to fight and give it something to fight for remember. Keep going cos you're doing great!

Wow Jules that's Brilliant can't believe 6 like me ha ha! You've done really well, are you feeling any better today? I swore by microwaveable heat cushions just to ease the pain slightly at night. Are they going to freeze some of your embies on day 3 bust so you've got them as an option later on? I only had one embie put back in coz me and oh agreed dirt cycle we'll just go with one, reason being we were initially told we could have 3 cycles but we've since been told were only entitled to 2 cycles so we want to change our one and have 2 put back next cycle as it'll be our last. When we went to our fu appointment we mentioned this and the nurse said Dr wouldn't let us but were determined, although were only young i think as this is our last chance were entitled to have 2 transferred after all they are our embies. I would just stay adamant and explain you were under the impression that you had the entitlement to have 2 transferred, they mainly like you to have 1 due to multiple birth statistics. Xxx

Fab news Jules!! i know women of 26 with unexplained fertility that have had 2 transferred so push for 2. I really believe it up's chances of pregnancy 10 fold xxx

Hi Jules.
Great result!!! I told the embryologist when I went in for transfer I wanted 2 put back in. They like you to have looked at www.oneatatime.co.uk which basically tells you not to. I looked at it. Told them I had and still wanted 2 so signed a waiver to say I understood the risk of twin pregnancy. Relax now and bring on Saturday :)

Hello girlies, sorry ive not been on for a while just wanted to pop by to see how everyone is doing!!!
hope your all good!!!
wishing all the girlies lots of luck who are currently having cycles, and big hugs to u girlies who need it and sending lots of PMA to you all!!! miracles do happen girlies, believe me and they will sooner or later its just a matter of time i just know it!!! :D xxx

AFM- I gave birth to our beautiful little miracle Jessica on 31-3-12 at 3.34pm she weighed 8lb 4oz and is the most amazing lil person ive ever seen hehe!!
had a ok labour, 4hrs and 38mins, but ended up having forceps due to Jessica deciding she would pop out for a mo then go back in haha!!! lil monkey, didnt get to see her for long after i gave birth as i had to get rushed for a op for reconstructive surgery due to a 4th degree tear!!! sorry tmi!!! ouchy is not the word hehe!!! would honestly do it all over again tho!!! me and baby are doing great, im on quite a few tablets due to my tear and being very anemic due to blood loss but to be honest im starting to feel abit more back to normal now! Jessica now weighs 9lb 8oz hehe lil chunky monkey!! so just thought id share my amazing journey of childbirth hehe and as i know il never experience it again i would not change a thing!!!! :D xxx

take care girlies!!! il pop in every now and again to see all them BFPS!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->