IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Laura - congratulations that wa a very quick labour for your first so very well done. Don't even want to know about the 4th tear I'm crossing my legs thinking about it. Already feeling nauseous and the thought makes me feel unwell so look after yourself. Salt water baths are supposed to help heal when you have anything wrong down there stitches, etc.

What are we letting ourselves in for?!?! We must be crazy! :) xx

hehe i know ive heard salt water baths are good but was told it might hurt abit to much with my injury lol!!!

Congratulations. She is gorgeous and gives me hope for me and dh for the future x x x

Congratulations Laura. She is absolutely gorgeous. Xxxxx love and hugs. Xxxx

Congrats Laura, it's nice too see a happy ending to a not so nice journey xxx

Well I just thought I'd pop in after my follow up, nothing exciting really she said they will look at upping my dose of stimms and if I felt the long protocol was better then I could do that but she didn't think their was much difference. They'll look at stimming me for longer to let the immature eggs catch up.

We're going to use clexane again as they use it for multiple fails and miscarriages and she said it can only help.

So back on the waiting train hopefully starting in June/july depending on when AF shows her face xxx

Congratulations laura, mrse and sharkey. I wish u all the best.

Hope the rest of you all ok too, sorry not been on here much to comment. Iv just had about 20 odd pages to read through, so much has been happening.

Afm i had my fu today, walked away none the wiser really. Mr gazvani is stumpted as to what to do. He has requested i see the embryologist and maybe they may be able to give me an answer or some understanding regarding my egg quality. I asked him about egg hatching and he said that is something they do when you have an embryo but i dont even get to that stage so thats out of the question. I also asked about IVM and with it still being in early research stages he wouldnt recommend it but could be something for me if i decided to go with it. He asked me to look into ovarian drilling as that maybe an option for me depending on what the embryologist says but at the moment basically there is not much they can do.

Hi everyone....

Just thought I'd give you a quick update. I'm typing this from my hospital bed. I could not take the pain anymore and I rang HC... They told me to come in for a scan which I did. Scan didn't show anything nasty, there was no fluid hanging around or anything. But I can't walk, talk, sleep , eat.... I am in so much pain.
Anyhow they admitted me overnight to keep an eye on me. But the worst thing is they have cancelled the transfer on Saturday. Now I know that my health is so important but I feel absolutely devastated that we have come so far and just days away from transfer but now we have to wait 3 months for the transfer.
I've just been crying none stop part due to pain but mostly because Saturday can't happen.
Oh and to top it all off my sister in law and brother are in the maternity ward and have just had a baby boy . Oh dear.

Sorry to go on just needed to tell you all xxxx

Babydust: how frustrating you've waiting for this appointment to be none the wiser - when will you get chance to speak with the embryologist?

Jules: I hope you have a speedy recovery - I would really upset too but your health is more important and there is no point having a transfer when your body isnt at its peak to accept the lil embie. How long will you have to wait now?

AFM finally got my consultation appointment - its on the 24th May. How soon can you start the treatment thereafter (provided bloods ar a-ok)? because if I have the appointment on the 24th I will be due on around the 25th/26th? just wondering whether they would give us the go ahead or whether we would have to wait a whole month more?

Oh Jules that's poo!!! Your health is indeed the most important and you wouldn't want to risk putting embies back if you were battling with the pain you need to be relaxed and focussed on you and your embies so I know it won't feel like it but perhaps it's for the best given your pain. That's double poo about your SIL just rubs salt into the situation. Oh honey I'm so sorry the timing stinks but hold on to the fact that you have great embies waiting for you when your fit and healthy! Your time will come in the meantime look after yourself do what the docs say and get back home. Take extra care xxxx

Melbram - great news about the appt. when I went we got the bloods and was told call us day 1 of next cycle which was 2 days later so don't think it would be an issue assuming your AF doesn't appear early. Honestly we hope it doesn't come, then we want it to appear so we can get started - hilarious!!

Good luck got everything crossed xx

Great thanks MrsE..yes lets hope it doesnt come early if it does that will be the first time in 2 years so sods law it does ey!

Babydust- Im sorry the FU didnt help much but maybe seeing the embyologist can help matters? how soon can u get a appt? x

Jules- Sorry not what you had hoped but u have embies an time will fly by for you. Health has to come first an u wanna be fit for pregnancy x

Hi to everyone else x

AFM- Im struggling with work as getting busy an talking all day non stop is causing me a lot of pain with my neuralgia so will have to see how it goes and i may need to change jobs soon. Worn out from all the tablets im on so off to bed x

Jules sorry to hear about u being in hosiptal. Like the girls have said u need to be at your best so the embies can stick, so dont let it get u down too much.

Not sure when i can see the embryologist, mr gazvani said he will send an appointment out and he will make sure we get to see the head of embryology. Really dont think it will give us answers but i guess there is no harm in speaking to him.

Congrats Laura, it's nice too see a happy ending to a not so nice journey xxx

Well I just thought I'd pop in after my follow up, nothing exciting really she said they will look at upping my dose of stimms and if I felt the long protocol was better then I could do that but she didn't think their was much difference. They'll look at stimming me for longer to let the immature eggs catch up.

We're going to use clexane again as they use it for multiple fails and miscarriages and she said it can only help.

So back on the waiting train hopefully starting in June/july depending on when AF shows her face xxx

Hey bugs- we may be going again around the same time!! I will know more after FU on Monday. Why do they say there isn't much difference between long and short and still do both?? What is clexane? Hope you are ok xx

Babydust- that is so crappy- you need answers! Have they done any immune testing or is that not related?

Jules- I can imagine how you are feeling. When they said I might not transfer I was so upset. It's best to wait though and recover so those little embbies stand the best chance. I know you know that deep down but it doesn't stop you getting upset as you built yourself up for Saturday since the first injection. Sending you hugs. Xxxx

Yeah she reckoned there shouldn't be any difference but said if I prefer'd to do long I could. I felt like saying I don't prefer to inject myself for longer but my last protocol was shit so so I want to try something !!!

I'm just waiting on AF so I can plan when the next one will be. Clexane is another injection you start the day before transfer it's something they use with miscarriages or recurrant fails not exactly sure what it is but it hurts and it makes you bruise terrible xxxx

Lindy - i did ask about the immune tests but he said there was no point doing them. When i asked about another round of icsi he wasnt very keen cuz there is nothing they can do to change the way they do the cycle. On paper everything is going to plan but then it all falls appart at fertilisation. They cant understand why. Maybe the embryologist might be able to shine some light on why that we have no fertilisations, if not according to mr gazvani there isnt much they can do. :cry: i am absolutely gutted but holding out hope that the embryologist might be able to do something. If not its the end of the road for me

Hello everyone :)

Jules; Hope you really get better soon, I'm sorry you didnt do ET!!! In a few months time you will be bouncing fit ready to have the embies on board :)) x x x

Melbram; great news about your results coming through!!! Will be crossing everything so that you get to start on this roller coaster very soon x x

MrsE; Any symptoms for you yet? x x

AFM; Sorry I haven't been on here much In the last few days, I just needed time to think & stay away from all the googling as I was going bonkers hehehe x Anyway just thought I'd give you an update, been dizzy for the past three days non stop, shooting pains up my hooha lol Low backache, AF cramps, boobies deffinately are bigger as my bras wont fit & emotional also..... I caved In on paos'ing yesterday, I know so very naughty of me :)) Got the faintest line on a frer yesterday evening & I went to test another two late evening & also had a line there which my OH can clearly see..... POAS again this morning at 5:30 an sure enough the line Is deffinately still there :)))) It's not from the trigger shot coz I tested them out on Mon, Tue, Wed all negative!!! xx Wil do the CB one on Sunday morning to make sure x Anyone know how to upload pictures on I-Pad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->