IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi ladies!!:wave: Hope everyone is well?
I've not been on here for a while, a lot going on at the mo! Have just been catching up with what's been going on.

Melbram, congrats on being PUPO!!! :happydance:Hope those little ones snuggle in for u. Good luck and lots of baby dust:dust:!! x

Africa, how are things with u hun? I'm sorry that you and dh have been through a rough time, I really hope things are better and that ur back on track. Going through IVF is such a strain on relationship plus everything else you've been through. Let hope u get the funding to go for round 3!:hugs: x

Hi Babydust, hope u are well, sorry u didn't get the answers u were looking for. Will you consider the ovarian drilling? x

Lindy, not sure if i have congratulated u on your wonderful news! Huge congrats! Hope u are doing well :thumbup:x

Sharkey,Hope u are well x

Mrs E, hope AF comes soon so u can get started x

Hi Lisa, how are thing with u? x
Hi Jules78, good luck with FET x
Susiesue, nice to see that u still post, hope that all is well with u x
Sorry if i've missed anyone xx

AFM - As some of you know, my partner has not had great results from his last fullbody scan, he's waiting to go back in. I'm praying that the cancer isn't back.:cry: I wanted to put things on hold with my treatment but he insisted that we give it a go so we decided to go ahead with the next round of ivf with ICSI all the same. Sooo here goes our 4th attempt!!!!!!!:wacko:
I had my endo biopsy for NK cell last Tuesday night, very very painful!!Results will be back in 10 - 14 days. AF arrived yesterday morning so I phoned them at the Hewitt, going in tomorrow for my first scan and hopefully they will give me the goahead to start on my injections! I'm on the short protocol again this time with 2 amps. We are going to give the embryo glue, embryoscope and the new microscope for sperm selection a go!
Have been taking omega 3,6and9 suppliments along with extra vitamin E and B. flaxseed oil, folic acid, royal jelly and baby asprin!!:happydance:

Aw Del great news! Good luck I pray you get your BFP and DH is ok x

Sharkey- wow 16wks already! cannot believe your in 2nd tri! where is time going?! x

Melbram- CONGRATS on being pupo with twins! lots of sticky vibes coming your way x

Del- Nice to see you and fab news you are starting again! did u have the endo scratch at the womens? they have mentioned doing this with me but tbh i was in such horrific pain with hsg yrs ago that i would not have it done unless i was sedated. Just couldnt stand that level of pain again for possibly nothing :( what about gas an air? would that take the edge off it do u think? cos they had that on standby for my mock transfer but luckily i never needed it. Lots of luck to you! me an dh are a lot better thanks. Been a terrible time. We are putting all our energy into getting this 3rd cycle now :) x

Hi to Lindy, MrsE, and all the gang x

Hi Africa, glad that things are better with u and DH. I would never have it done again unless I was knocked out!!! I was told to take some pain killers before hand, but it didn't help! Gas and air might be a good idea if u are having it! I'm sure that it would help!!
I had it done privately at the Spire, Liverpool as they don't do the NK test at the womens xx

Thanks Del. I will deffo be pushing for deep sedation and if they wont il be dosing up on gas and air big time! dont mind going thru agony for labour but not before even getting preg! we go thur enough xxx

Congrats melbram! Stick stick stick!!!!

Hi to AQ, sharkey, jules, Babydust, susie sue and everybody elee( sorry if I missed your name off!) hope you are all well.

Thanks for the reassurance for 12wscan. I've got everything crossed! Takes a week for bloods to come back so a week of nerves.... Thought that would've ended after 2ww :) not that I'm complaining. Xxxx

Hi all! Ive finally got some good tes and now my internet is back up and working I can post more often

We start ivf treatment (well down regulation) a week on Tuesday (31st!) i'm so excited!! Is anyone else going through IVF then?!

Ive got a quick question thou, first time it's come up really I've apparently got a low AMH at 19 (although she said normal was 21) but when I used my best friend google the numbers dont add up now - can anyone shed any light on this?

We're going through IVF as I've got haldros in both tubes, any buddies starting ivf aroun then or can shed some light on this AMH levels would be awesome to know

Gem x

Evening all...... Hope everyone is ok. Been reading all your lovely stories and keeping up. Got our consultation meeting this Thursday so getting very nervous now.....not sure what about really! I guess maybe getting some bad results, but then I guess if anything was that bad we would have been called in sooner as our blood tests were end April. So it looks like I'm just behind you Gem - hello! Should I be taking anything else other than folic acid, read somewhere about royal jelly and DHEA ( not even sure what that is!) and zinc and vitamin e for hubby? I read somewhere else if both tubes are blocked they may want to take them out first :growlmad: .....but again I assumed we would have been called in sooner. Maybe I read too much! Anyway it's so lovely to read all your info, very informative and easy to understand. Nite nite love J x

Evening all...... Hope everyone is ok. Been reading all your lovely stories and keeping up. Got our consultation meeting this Thursday so getting very nervous now.....not sure what about really! I guess maybe getting some bad results, but then I guess if anything was that bad we would have been called in sooner as our blood tests were end April. So it looks like I'm just behind you Gem - hello! Should I be taking anything else other than folic acid, read somewhere about royal jelly and DHEA ( not even sure what that is!) and zinc and vitamin e for hubby? I read somewhere else if both tubes are blocked they may want to take them out first :growlmad: .....but again I assumed we would have been called in sooner. Maybe I read too much! Anyway it's so lovely to read all your info, very informative and easy to understand. Nite nite love J x

Hi Joanne C - I wouldn't assume its bad news! :) I'm trying to stay positive, and if anything goes wrong my new motto (esp at work) is NMP - not my problem! Folic acid and if your like me with haldros I've been advised to up my wheat content (by the dietican)

I'm under Dr Kingsland, and I was worried about that too - removing them before I've had a child just seems mental, and not something that I would consider just yet. Thankfully, he didnt recomend me removing these, he informed me that he's seen people with worst tubes who have gone on to have a natural pregnancy - just that IVF offers us the best chance.

I only found out today that my AMH is slightly low - 19, whilst an average is 21 but that just means I'll have a higher dose of drugs apparently.

There only concern is that I may have trouble with implantation, so they want to do a 'dry' run catheter test next week when I start the fertility drugs.

I'm trying accupunture to help me relax (I work in the NHS and with all the cuts occuring - and staff vacancies I've been quite stressed) and with all the problems I've had as a result of the HSG - not IVF that scares me, more the care I've received so far does. So I'm going to try anything - can anyone recomend anything that can help you relax and destress? Idea's would be greatfully received!

Likkle- Yay for starting soon and AMH of 19 is fine hun. Mine is 2.5 and we still got 6 eggs last cycle although sadly it was another fail :( I have no tubes following 2 ectopics and IVF can slightly increase risk of ectopic so if you have badly damaged tubes just be very aware of this if you are not going to have them removed. Would hate anyone to go through what i did x

Joanne- Good luck for your joint consultant meeting. Its usually with a senior nurse and u should get a start date providing all tests are fine :) don't take DHEA without go ahead from consultant as only used in women with very low egg reserve like myself or it can do more harm than good x

xxx

Thanks Gem and AQ! And Gem can I just ask what haldros and hgs is?! Still new to all this! And what is a catheter for??!! Sorry lots of questions! J x

Hi Likklegems and Joanne - good luck with your up and comming appointment/stasrting your cycle - exciting times

Hi to everyone else hope everyones well x

Afm I have had a very long day waiting around...Oddly I have been waking up every morning between 4am and 5am with stomach cramps. This morning they were hurendous and I also felt really sick. I can normally cope ok with pain but couldnt hack this so went to A&E about 6am where I spent 2 1/2 hours to be told its "normal" "dont worry". :wacko:

I got home and rang the Hewitt and was booked in for a scan - another hour waiting...yep OHSS. Because the pain is only really for an hour in the morning and them im pretty much ok throughout the day save for a bit of discomfort walking they didnt admit me [-o< Jus thad some blood tets done - get results tomorrow and should have another scan next week

So I am here upping my fluids even more :dohh: Im scared though that the lil embies wont survive becuase I have OHSS - cant seem to find any info on this and didnt want to ask the nurse in front of OH because he's just overly excited at the min - any ideas?

Hi JoanneC

HSG is a hystrosalpingagram (think I've spelt that right!) it's where they insert a catheter and pump you full of due then take X-rays!

Mine showed that my tubes were distorted and had fluid in it, hence the hydros - hydrosalpix! :(

Just means they have to by pass my tubes so fingers crossed it should do smoothly as that and AMH level slight below normal (how many eggs I've got left) - what IVF was originally designed for

Hae you not had one yet?! I thought it was part of the process before being referred for IVF?

Hi Melbram

Sorry to hear you've got OHSS what dosage of drugs are you on?! Did they lower it?

Hi Gem thanks for that. I had a laparoscopy and dye test operation to see why I wasnt getting pregnant and having 3 week periods! The op showed both tubes completely blocked...so I got an instant referal for IVF. Bleeding they think is hormonal, but I hope it won't effect the success rate! So many things to think about!! J x

Your in the same boat as me then I just had the HSG instead! Mine are 24 days apart.

Do you know when youll be starting treatment - seems like your just behind me so you should start soon. Scared but excited now! Only one week to go till down regulatiln

Lots of luck gem....
I bleed for 3 weeks, then have one week off....bl**dy nightmare, literally!! He he!
Got our consultation meeting this Thursday, so I assume we will start soon after...eek!

Hi Likklegems and Joanne - good luck with your up and comming appointment/stasrting your cycle - exciting times

Hi to everyone else hope everyones well x

Afm I have had a very long day waiting around...Oddly I have been waking up every morning between 4am and 5am with stomach cramps. This morning they were hurendous and I also felt really sick. I can normally cope ok with pain but couldnt hack this so went to A&E about 6am where I spent 2 1/2 hours to be told its "normal" "dont worry". :wacko:

I got home and rang the Hewitt and was booked in for a scan - another hour waiting...yep OHSS. Because the pain is only really for an hour in the morning and them im pretty much ok throughout the day save for a bit of discomfort walking they didnt admit me [-o< Jus thad some blood tets done - get results tomorrow and should have another scan next week

So I am here upping my fluids even more :dohh: Im scared though that the lil embies wont survive becuase I have OHSS - cant seem to find any info on this and didnt want to ask the nurse in front of OH because he's just overly excited at the min - any ideas?

Melbram- my friend who ended up with a boy and girl on her first go was hospitalised with OHSS. Try and relax. Get those lucosade still sport things down you but mainly try and relax and send sticky vibes to those beans. X

Lots of luck gem....
I bleed for 3 weeks, then have one week off....bl**dy nightmare, literally!! He he!
Got our consultation meeting this Thursday, so I assume we will start soon after...eek!

Licklegem and Joanne. Lots of Babydust for your cycles. Don't stress over AMH figures , you have no control over them. Just take extra special care of yourselves, pamper and relax... and get those vitamins down you :) Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->