IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi Likklegems and Joanne - good luck with your up and comming appointment/stasrting your cycle - exciting times

Hi to everyone else hope everyones well x

Afm I have had a very long day waiting around...Oddly I have been waking up every morning between 4am and 5am with stomach cramps. This morning they were hurendous and I also felt really sick. I can normally cope ok with pain but couldnt hack this so went to A&E about 6am where I spent 2 1/2 hours to be told its "normal" "dont worry". :wacko:

I got home and rang the Hewitt and was booked in for a scan - another hour waiting...yep OHSS. Because the pain is only really for an hour in the morning and them im pretty much ok throughout the day save for a bit of discomfort walking they didnt admit me [-o< Jus thad some blood tets done - get results tomorrow and should have another scan next week

So I am here upping my fluids even more :dohh: Im scared though that the lil embies wont survive becuase I have OHSS - cant seem to find any info on this and didnt want to ask the nurse in front of OH because he's just overly excited at the min - any ideas?

Melbram- my friend who ended up with a boy and girl on her first go was hospitalised with OHSS. Try and relax. Get those lucosade still sport things down you but mainly try and relax and send sticky vibes to those beans. X

Aw that's good to hear LIndy - thanks - I wont give up just yet then :happydance:

Don't give up melbram. Keep positive for your little beans and try and relax. Love and hugs. Xxxx

Hope you feel better soon melbram and i know lots of women who had OHSS and got pregnant infact sometimes its a good sign as OHSS develops quicker once pregnancy hormones start ;-) pma pma xxx

Hey everyone

Hope everyone is having a good day, has anyone used the embroscope and would you recommend it!? It's not funded as part of our nhs treatment but I'm wondering if it's worth it for £700, has anyone used it and would you recommend it?

Melbram - fingers crossed for you! I'm thinking of you and hope it results in a BFP!

Hey everyone

Hope everyone is having a good day, has anyone used the embroscope and would you recommend it!? It's not funded as part of our nhs treatment but I'm wondering if it's worth it for £700, has anyone used it and would you recommend it?

Hi Likklegemz - yes we used it in our 1st cycle and will be using it 2nd cycle too. We got pregnant but MC at 9wks but when we went to speak to consultant and embryologist they were able to look at all the rate of cells spliting. If you can afford £700 then I would say at least you wouldn't have any regrets after that's how we view it.

Good luck

Thanks MrsE75! Yes we're getting In touch with them to arrange it, just wondered what everyone's opinion was. As we're NHS patients and our cost is minimal other than prescriptions we thought we'd do it

I might never get that moment of unexpectedly saying to hubby I'm pregnant but this way we get to view our hopefully baby when ten an embryo - that's gotta be pretty special really!

Hi Girls :flower:

Liklegemz; we used the embryoscope on our 1st IVF/ICSI cycle which ended In a mahoosive BFP for us & we are currently 16+4 pregnant.......According to LWH It Improves success rates which In my opinion I believe as we were given under 10% of any fertility treatment working due to my 0.00 AMH levels & no tubes. If you have the £700 to spare then I would go for It!! Looking back now It was the best decision we ever made..... Good luck with your up n coming cycle x

Melbram; hope you will be feeling better soon!! How you getting on so far? Wishing you the very best :kiss:

Hey everyone

When I had my follow up appointment dr Russell said he would Definitaly advise using it as the results looked really promising with it. I had saved up up use it. X

Ps I did hear on another thread you need to make it clear you want to use it when you start treatment as it is getting very popular and limited spaces

Hi everyone :)

Melbram I hope you are ok with the ohss. From what I have read it doesn't seem to affect implantation but make sure you put your feet up and let those lovely embies settle in. When's your test date?

Sharkey can't believe you are 16+4!!! Time just flys once you past 12 weeks. Are you having baby at the women's?

Lindy have you had your 12 week scan yet?

Del good to hear from you. I really hope your oh is ok and his test results come back ok. Loads of pma coming your way for your cycle, will be keeping everything crossed.

Africa hope you are ok and not going too mad waiting for the pct decision. I'm doing good, every day I am thankful for my miracle and it makes me sad to think of you all still on this journey but I have hope that you will get your dream.
You were asking about Jane, I haven't heard anything. I was also on Isabella's pregnancy thread and she was asking too. She got her bfp about 6 weeks after me I think so she must have had baby. Hope all is ok. Do you ever hear from Laura?

Hi to everyone else and welcome to the new ladies xxx

Susie- Hope Jane is ok. Glad Isabella is doing ok. Tell her to pop over and say hi :) Yeah i still hear from Laura as i have her on FB. She is doing well and her gorge lil daughter is sooo cute! glad your ok and so happy and i pray we all experience that too :) x

As regards the scope i think we will be saving for that too! sounds very promising! it is well worth 700 if it increases chances even by a few percent in my book xxx

Got my scan today. So nervous, will be a long wait gor bloods results

Good luck Lindy, I'm sure all will be great with the scan :thumbup:
xxx

HI Sharkey and Susie - after drinking loads and loads of water im feeling much better now. Sore boobies but I gues that could be pregnancy or period :wacko: Test day is next Friday...it feels so far away! x

Good luck with your scan Linday x

Good morning ladies! How's everyone doing?

Hi and weclome to those of you who have just joined the thread. Good luck with your cycles. I'm sure u will find lots of support on here, it's nice to talk to others going through the same thing.

Melbram, glad u are feeling better, I had it with my first round, not nice. Take it easy and keep drinking lots of water. Keeping everything crossed for u xx

Lindy, good luck with your scan hun xx

Susie, thanks for that lovely msg, hope all is well with u xx

Africa, u ok hun, what u up 2? xx
Hi to everyone else.

Well... I started my injections on Monday!! :happydance:So far so good! Back in 2moz for another scan. Had a phone call last nigh with the result of my Nk biopsy...my count is very high!!! :cry:No wonder my little embs don't implant. :nope:I'm having intralipid treatment to help lower it on Sunday. Lets hope it helps, but there is still no guarentee that it will work as my count is sooo high. I don't understand why they dont test for things like this on the NHS before treatment is started!!!!:growlmad:

Melbram - keep relaxing. My boobs were unbearably sore so fx. It is so confusing as AF and progesterone give so many symptoms. Just keep sending love and stickiness to those embbies and imagining them snuggling in. Xxx
Del- good luck with the scan.
Had scan today. All seemed good thankfully. Just waiting on bloods next week so fx! It would not keep still doing an aerobic workout.

Hello Everyone :wave:

Susie; we wont be having our baby at the women's as we're based In North Wales (Llyn Peninsula)..... Cant believe how quick things have gone for us :haha: How's motherhood treating you? :kiss:

Lindy; congratz on your scan! Most amazing feeling Is hearing the heartbeat & seeing the lo moving around :kiss:

AQ; how's the wait? :kiss:

Del; I'm so sorry to hear about your results :cry: :flower:

Melbram; hope your feeling better today!! Have you got any symptoms yet? :kiss:

Lisa; how you feeling? You haven't got long to go now :kiss:

Awww :hugs: del, doesn't make sense does it why they don't test for everything first!!

:yipee: for the scan lindy

I'm doing well thanks melbram, got a meeting in work tomorrow to discuss my maternity leave & plans afterwards... Makes it all seem very real, it's also scary how fast time is going, although daily it feels very slow! Weird!
I'm not having any problems though, had a relatively straightforward time so far so I'm hoping that continues with the birth... I'm a tad terrified :shock: but I know it'll be worth it.

:hugs: to everyone else

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back