IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Del - wow, now you mention it I think it was in an article about some newsreader a while back. I'm hoping then cos I actually got pregnant then I don't have them!! Sounds very invasive to take biopsies and all that. So where are you up to in this cycle now you've had your infusion? Good luck xx

Melbram I had brown discharge as well during the 2ww, lasted about 2 days. I also get that before af so try not to worry too much, I know it's really tough waiting to test but you really can't read too much into symptoms, or lack of! Everything crossed for you! x

Del good luck with your scan tomorrow x

Hi to everyone else. Xx

Hi all! Hope everyone's had a good weekend/Monday!

Went away for the weekend and I've just started our IVF journey with the down regulation drugs! So excited! Hubby's doing them for me, just wondered if anyone had any side effects!

Melbram- I had a brown discharge and rang through- they said brown is old blood and could even be from EC. Told me to call back if heavier or red. It stopped pretty quick.

Mrse- not long to go now. Being on round 2

AQ- what date is your appeal.

Del- good luck with scan.

Jo- use the time to prepare yourself emotionally and physically. It will be here before you know it!

Hope everybody else is doing well.

Licklegem- good luck! I found down reg tiring. Just felt wiped out and had some flushes.

Got my bloods- all good! I need to start trying to relax.

Just to give you all a boost - had a patient in who has been having IVF at the women's (but 4th go at Chester) , she is now 22 weeks pregnant !!! Keep the PMA going.

Melbram- Fingers crossed its implantation! pma pma x

Lindy- Our appeal hearing date is 13th aug. All relevant paperwork has been handed to the panel for them to access before the meeting. How are u doing? x

Hi to susie, Likkle, MrsE, Del and all the gang x

AQ- I'm doing ok. Had a lot of stresss at work. Really trying to not let it get to me. I have not told them I'm pregnant yet but think I better had. Might try today. Got everything crossed for your appeal. Are you going to stay at the women's?

Hi Lindy im ok thanks just anxious to get to Friday now so I just know either way ;)

Lindy- Yeah if we are successful with the appeal we will have to stay at the women's so hoping they make us 3rd time lucky! glad your ok and cant believe your in 2nd tri already! where does time go?! x

Melbram- Hang in there! i know its torture and 2nd wk the worst but nearly there now. Are u going to hold out till OTD or test early...? ;-) x

Hi everyone, hope ur all well xx
Just a quick update - Thanks for all the good luck msgs, means a lot xx Had scan today, lots of follies so booked in for egg collection Friday morning!!! :happydance:
I have some pain in my left side, lets hope they haven't over stimulated me..again!!! I'm on a a low dose of 2 amps but still i have 15 follicles on 1 side and 10 on the other :shrug: xx

Melbram - hope ur ok xx

Del - wow, now you mention it I think it was in an article about some newsreader a while back. I'm hoping then cos I actually got pregnant then I don't have them!! Sounds very invasive to take biopsies and all that. So where are you up to in this cycle now you've had your infusion? Good luck xx

Thank u xx Yes very invasive, but hope it will be worth it. Had my infusion on Sunday. Egg collection on Friday!!! All the best to u with this next round xx:flower:

Good luck for Friday del. keep eying those fluids down you xx

AQ- cannot believe 2nd trimester. Stunned. Don't feel any different ( don't know what I expected!) I just look like I've eaten Christmas dinner. Into August now so appeal soon!

AQ - any news on your appeal yet?! I'm on my second day of injections, I thought it was far too early to be suffering from side affects but ive broken out in spots and feel so tired!

Does anyone know why you get the injections as opposed to the nasal spray? I hate needles! :(

Likklegem- sadly I think it is down to money! The day after my injections I was so dozy , I blamed the injections but might not har been :) xxxx

Del- Wow wish my clapped out ovaries responded that well! best of luck for Fri! everything crossed for you x

Likkle- Appeal decision is on 13th Aug. That is when it goes before the panel for final decision. Soooo nervous! x

Good luck for Friday Del and best of luck for testing tomorrow Melbram :hugs:

AQ good luck to you too, only 11 sleeps to go & then I'm sure you'll be on to your next round :thumbup:

Lindy, congrats to 2nd tri... It seems to go so slowly each day but then you look back & it'd like omg where did the weeks go :shock:

:Hi: to everyone else, hope you are all doing well.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you all... Well for the next 9 weeks anyway :haha:

:dust:
xxx

Hi everyone

I haven't posted on here for ages as I have been trying to stay away. There has been a lot going on and since I have last been on a lot of BFP's (Hooray!)

Africaqueen - I have my fingers crossed for your appeal. Hope everything goes to plan and you get your extra funding.

Babydust - Our cases sound very similar. How many eggs did they collect last time?

AFM - Well as some of you know I had two very unsuccessful cycles at Liverpool Women's and out of 20 eggs only got one to fertilise. It looked like a good one but I bleed 6 days before test date. Having further tests they found I had low Amh even though I responded okay to the drugs. I have since moved to Care Manchester but again had another very unsuccessful cycle. I was on short protocol at Care and out of 8 eggs I had 7 that were mature enough to inject with ICSI. They used a PICSI dish to help select the best sperm but again we only got one to fertilise which failed to divide normally. Gutted is not the word. We went for our follow up at Care and they are at a loss as to why this is happening as sperm and eggs both look healthy. The consultant did say something about us being incompatible but I really think that was a get out. The head embryologist came to speak to us and again was unsure about why it is not working for us but said he has seen this happen before and people to go on and get fertilisation and pregnancy. As we do not know whether it is an egg of sperm problem we do not even know whether donor eggs of sperm would be the best way to go. The Head embryologist suggested having another go with our own cells. I am a teacher so asked if it would be too soon to have another go during the holidays and consultant said fine as long as I have one natural cycle before starting (which I have now had). I am mid cycle now I think so it will be a couple of weeks before I start the rollercoaster again. We have pushed to use a different stimulant this time so am trying a straight Gonal f cycle. I just hope that is the right decision and I end up with no eggs. I just feel we need to change something it our cycle. I am absolutely petrified about that awful negative feeling again but there seems to be no other way out as I am desperate to be a Mum and my husband to be a Dad. The plan is if we have the same result again we would try half donor sperm next time to identify a sperm or egg problem.
We have had all possible tests at this stage.

Good luck to all those ladies waiting results and starting their cycles. Is anyone due to start the middle of August?
xxxx

Hi ladies! Any news? Everyone ok?
Africa,count down until u get to know about your funding,fx for u. Xx
Melbram,how r things with u? Xx
Cvaeh,lovely to hear from u. Sorry that things have not gone well. Fx for better results with next round xx

Hi to the rest of the gang.
Well I'm already in liverpool,booked in to a nice apartment for tonight! It will save us having to set off at 5.30 tomorrow morning as I need to be at the Hewitt for 7.30! Will go out for a meal later and hopefully have a relaxing evening! Bring on the EC tomorrow morning!! still drinking lots of water as I still have some pain on one side Xx

Cvaeh - sorry to hear you've been having a rubbish time to say the least fx you get some more fertilised eggs and hopefully get to the root of the problem x

Good luck tomorrow Del x

afm my wait is nearly over - test day tomorrow - argh!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->