IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Likklegem- sadly I think it is down to money! The day after my injections I was so dozy , I blamed the injections but might not har been :) xxxx

Oh good! Glad I'm not imagining things. My husbands aunt died last week and the funeral was today, having to fit injection round funeral was not easy, had to do it in the car park of the wake (not very pleasant) and 40 mins early as we were giving elderly relatives a lift home.

The needles are ok within 1 hour of the injection every day according to the nurse so should be fine. I'm so tired now and on the way back to Liverpool feeling rather bloated!

AQ: do you know who is on your panel? I work in the NHS and may know the commussioners involved

Not long now Lisa- are you gettin excited now?!

Cvah- good luck with your cycle.

Del- good luck for tomorrow. Have a nice bubble bath tonight and relax.

Cvaeh - sorry to hear you've been having a rubbish time to say the least fx you get some more fertilised eggs and hopefully get to the root of the problem x

Good luck tomorrow Del x

afm my wait is nearly over - test day tomorrow - argh!!!

Good luck with your test,let's hope for a BFP! Xx

Good luck Del got everything crossed xx

Cveah - so sorry to hear your story and hope the next cycle is better for you x

Hey Everyone.......

AQ ..... Good luck for the 13th.... Got everything crossed for you, you deserve it.

Lindy.... Can't believe you are 13 weeks already ! So exciting!
Hi to everyone else..... Love reading how it's all going or everyone.

So I'm getting ready for FET.... Had our baseline on Monday then the embryologist called and looks like transfer will be 24th aug.... Beyond excited !!! Counting the seconds!
But we want 2 embryos put back.... We have 6 ...... I'm not sure what bit you slip that in ?! The embryologist will be calling us on the 22nd...to check all is stil ok. Is that when I tell them? I also don't know what to say to them... I want 2 frosties back pls lol ! I just feel that they will try to convince us not too.

But other than that we are very hopeful and after the cancelled transfer last time this is just what we need xxx

Ah that's brilliant Jules, I guess you just have to stand your ground & be firm about the 2 you want. It's one thing I've learnt being pregnant is that I have to stand up for what I want, beforehand I'd tend to go with the flow & just do things because others wanted to, I'm much mote assertive now because so much depends on my decisions! I'm sure they'll respect what you want, just stay strong :strong:

& I'm a little excited Lindy, but more scared I think lol, not really of the labour or anything but I'm just so terrified that something might go wrong still. I guess it's like flying, I always feel fine during the middle bit but the take off (first few weeks) and landing (last few & birth) are the scariest parts that tend to have the most complications.

I guess we'll never stop worrying when it's something that's sooooo wanted!

Anyway sorry to ramble there, hope I've not upset/offended anyone, I just get a bit overwhelmed sometimes!

xxx

Your right Lisa..... I think strong is the best word to describe this whole process ! Thanks xx

Well I got a :bfn: as anticipated and the :witch: arrived right on cue :growlmad:

It wasnt meant to be this time so im going to throw everything into our next and last chance!

what can you ladies recommend to take/eat for good egg quality/prepare my body? Also is there a charge to use the new ISMI machine?

Melbram I'm so sorry. Sending you hugs and love. Cxxx

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing ... just after a little bit of advice.

I have my first consultant's appointment at the Women's on 4 September. I've been desperately trying to lose weight since January, and have so far lost just over 5 stone, my BMI is currently at 33, I know I need to get it down to below 29 to get the treatment, and I'm going to keep working on losing that (29lb to go) - my GP says she sees no reason why I can't go for it now I've lost so much weight, and I continue to lose it - but what should I expect from my first appointment? How long is it before you all started your actual treatment? I'm very scared as I turn 35 this month and I'm bothered that I've left it too late.

Help!!

Shelly xxx

Well I got a :bfn: as anticipated and the :witch: arrived right on cue :growlmad:

It wasnt meant to be this time so im going to throw everything into our next and last chance!

what can you ladies recommend to take/eat for good egg quality/prepare my body? Also is there a charge to use the new ISMIi machine?

So sorry Melbram,sending u a big hug Xx
Imsi is an extra £300.

Just a quick update..16 eggs this morning! it will be a long night wait for tomorrow morning's phone call! Just got home and not feeling too good so I'm off to bed. Xx

Thanks Del...16 eggs :happydance: everything crossed for your phone call tomorrow x lots of babydust comming your way :dust::dust:

Del - congrats 16 that's fantastic!! Good luck for your call.

Melbram - I have an AMH of zero so they recommended I start taking DHEA (25mg x 3 per day) they gave me the website to buy from - biovea. They cost about £25-30 and they wanted me to be taking 3 months prior to EC basically. I did this for first cycle but only had time to do for 7 wks this time it will be 3 months. Research (not at HC) suggests it helps with egg quality an I got a BFP 1st time but MC. When you go for follow up ask them about it xx

Fingers crossed Del!

Can I pick everyone elses brain? I had my catheter test today, absolute disaster! Had to abandone it in the end as I was in that much pain and discomfort. It's all started since this stupid HSG and I'm really worried now, they've said that I'll probably have to be sedated for putting the embryos back in, but that's not what I want really. what has everyone else done in this situation? apparently nothing physically wrong, just physiological damage from the badly done HSG. Which reminds me, had a letter thru my complaint was upheld. Feel so emotional and pathetic, doesn't hp being on the drugs for down regulation I suppose

Likklegem- I know it is not ideal but if a Little bit of light sedation makes it easier I would Go for it because it can only help the more relaxed you are. Sedation comes in lots of levels, from the one we have for collection to gas and air. Maybe discuss the level they are suggesting. Xxx

Likklegem- I know it is not ideal but if a Little bit of light sedation makes it easier I would Go for it because it can only help the more relaxed you are. Sedation comes in lots of levels, from the one we have for collection to gas and air. Maybe discuss the level they are suggesting. Xxx

Thanks hun, I did ask and the doctor came in and said it would be sedation, and that the worry was whether there would be a clear path to insert the embryo

I'm so scared! I've never had a smear that was painful or had trouble having sex and since the HSG it's been a 180 - I'm in so much pain and I can't stop crying. Just want the pain to go away, had a hot bath, and taken some paracetamol but doesn't seem to have helped

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->