IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Likkle- I had a agonizing hsg yrs ago and had a mock transfer expecting it to be so painful i had gas and air on standby but thankfully i didnt feel a thing so im sorry you had to go through that and im sure light sedation will take the edge off things for you. I dont know who is on the panel... what is it you do for the NHS? i would love to be a nurse one day x

Melbram- Im sorry this cycle didnt work out but next cycle will be better as they know what they are dealing with better. Be kind to yourself and have a glass of wine and some relaxation x

Del- That's great news! good luck for report tomorrow x

Cvaeh- Best of luck on your next cycle. Fingers crossed for you x

Jules- Good luck for next cycle too x

Hi to babydust, susie, lindy, lisa and all the gang xxx

Not got a hot water bottle, but have got a wheat bag which I'm using. Jst can't seem to put myself in a comfortable position :(

Hi everyone,how's things? Hope you r all having a nice weekend. Thank u for all the good luck messages.....had the phone call ...12 eggs were mature enough to be injected and 7 have fertilized! They are aiming for a 5 day transfer,so hopefully will be in for ET on Wednesday if all goes well! Grow embies,grow!! Xx

Likklegemz,hope ur feeling better today. Sorry u had a hard time with mock transfer Xx

Del that's brilliant news! Keeping everything crossed for you both!!!

Feeling slightly better, although still a bit sore down there not to the degree of last night thou which is good news. Had a few hot baths and have taken paracetamol and drink lots f water to help

AQ: Im not a nurse, commisioning business information. So I do lots of FOI requests and look at waiting times / complaints etc. some of the stories make me upset thou, but I suppose having read lots of complaints before it helped me write my own complaint letters

Fingers crossed for Thursday shall be thinking of you - will you know on the day or do you have to wait for a written response?

Oh melbram, I'm so so sorry :hugs: onwards & upwards sweetie :hugs:

del that's really great news, best of luck for transfer next week, will be thinking of you.

Hope everyone else is ok too, big hugs to all of you & lots of :dust:

xxx

Thank u ladies Xx
Melbram,hope ur ok,I know only too well what your going through.
For this round I took folic acid,omega 3,6,9, flaxseed oil,vitamin e and b,royal jelly and baby asprin. How many amps were u on for stims? Xx

Lisa,hope u and bump r ok,not long 4 u now Xx

Hi to the rest of the gang xx

HI Del I was on two amps and responded really well - probably too well ending up with 19 eggs. Although out of 19 eggs the two embies they put back werent good quality so want to try and get my eggs at their best for round 2 and use the IMSI machine for OH x

Del - when do you start taking the asprin and when do you stop? Wondering if it may help me avoid MC, why are you taking it and who prescribed it HC or GP?

Del-FAB news!! so happy for you an yay for trying to get to blast! everything crossed for you x

Likkle- Thanks. We will get a written response so be after the 13th unless they email our clinic or GP straight after the meeting which i doubt... lol x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Melbram - that's a lot of eggs with only 2 amps,I don't think they stim using one,they do coasting instead,where they tell u at a scan to miss a day of injecting. Ask about it at your follow-up. I'm sure they will advice a short protocol next time Xx

Mrs E - I read that a lot of women with immune issues and implantation failure were being adviced to take baby asprin as a part of their treatment....so I asked Mr Gazvani about it,he agreed that it wouldn'tdo me any harm to be on it and gave me the go ahead! I'm not sure for how long I need to be on it,I suppose it will depend on the result of this cycle. I started taking it in May. Xx

I know, may be I'm not part of the gang, but I just felt a little disappointed that nobody responded to my queries.

I think I'll have to just find someone else to help.

Thanks anyway. Wishing you all good luck on your IVF journies.

Little Angel- Just read your post and to be honest its not that your not part of the gang, its that when someone who's been on the thread a long time gets a BFN, Most posts are in relation to that an think we missed your post so dont feel like that. Your more than welcome here and we all support eachother. As regards BMI, It needs to be 30 or under to start IVF at the womens and they do weigh you before starting treatment to make sure. With my last cycle as i was already in the system they didnt weigh me an my BMI was a bit over 30 and another fail so tbh try get below 30 as maybe it does have a baring on the outcome... iv had 2 fails so im going to be making sure my BMI is below 30 before we go again. You respond better to the drugs. If you go for your appt they will tell u to go back when u have lost the weight and then you will be sent a invite to a PIE(Patient info evening) which takes about a mth to get the invite and then you get all the paperwork you an OH need to fill in an to have all the blood tests an semen test done an then when all results are in, providing all is ok(i was not immune to rubella so we were delayed by 2mths whilst i had the MMR jabs) then you have a 'joint consultant' appt which is usually with a nurse an then you get a date to start IVF :) Good luck xxx

I know, may be I'm not part of the gang, but I just felt a little disappointed that nobody responded to my queries.

I think I'll have to just find someone else to help.

Thanks anyway. Wishing you all good luck on your IVF journies.

Hi hun

Sorry no one answered originally, queries are easily lost in this thread I know so I've gone thru the thread and found your orginal query so I'll attempt to answer it based on my own circumstances / friends circumstances:
BMI is currently at 33; as you pointed out your over 29, you don't say what PCT you are with. If your in Wales it's a no till your under 29 as the PCTs do not allow treatment if your over that. Some PCTs take it on a case by case basis. From my own trials this has not been an issue for me, however a fried had a BMI of 28 and was not allowed treatmet by her PCT. whilst the doctor may suggest it, from my own perspective your better listening to the gynie consultant - the healthier you are the better chance IVF has of working. I believe the wait us down to your consultant and your PCT and without knowing both I could only speculate.

How long is it before you all started your actual treatment? This varies by person. Have you already been seen by gynie outpatients? If so, you've probably had a number of tests already done. Have you attended a patient information evening yet? You need to attend this before treatment, from this ant outstanding tests will be carried out and treatment usually starts within 3 months as the pct have received a funding request.

Hope this helps! X x

Hello everyone... And welcome angel. I'm still quite new to this, never used any type of blog before and it is easy to miss things. Our first step was pie evening (march), then bloods (April) ..then first consultation (July). We didn't get given our start date then as I need a letter from a past endoncronolgist for high prolactin. Hopefully will get sorted this week. Waiting is not my forte!!!
Gem how's it going?? Good results Del : ) ..... any news AQ??
Hello to everyone else too J x

Melbram so sorry to read about your bfn, sorry for late post I havent been on for a few days. Hope you are looking after yourself and trying to feel positive for the next cycle x :hugs:

Del good luck for Wednesday, hope you have recovered ok from EC x :dust:

Hi Angel, like everyone has said, you are very welcome to the thread and everyone here is very supportive. It does get very easy for posts to be missed, especially when someone has had bad news. Good luck with your cycle x

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all ok xx

Joanne- we wont hear anything till the 13th at the earliest as that is when our appeal goes to the panel to decide. Very nerve wrecking times! so on edge :( how are u? x

Hi to all the gang. Sorry lack of personals but im off work with horrific heavy/painful AF today and im curled up in bed :( seems to be much worse since the DHEA? Anyone taken it an had these side effects? also my cycle is 5-6 days longer? wonder if its doing more harm than good? Mr K said to take 100mg a day but iv reduced to 50mg as makes me so ill xxx

Hi AQ, that's so weird I'm off today with the worst period pains.... Had to come home from work early. Never had a sick day before. Always suffered... But last few months have been horrendous, In my lap operation they saw I was covered in endometriosis so assume its that. On the sofa in my pjs watching the olympics!
Bet the 13th seems like a lifetime away....one thing I've learnt since we started this, there's a lot of waiting!!

Hey Jo, feel a bit better, although I feel like in having a breakdown at the same time! The pain is nowhere near as bad as Friday night / saturday so that's good. Phoned up the clinic this morning and apparently it's just a coincidence that I'm in pain following from the attempt to do the catherter test.

Feel so lost, arranged to see counsellor this week and to see dr Kingsland to discuss what level of sedation during embryo transfer

I've had a chat with hubby over the weekend, I think this pain is psychological more than physical. With that extreamly bad HSG, part of me feels like if I let the hospital do anything down there it'll end up with another infection if that makes sense. Internal examinations were always slightly uncomfortable given the way my womb tilts but now even with the slightest push I end up screaming in pain

The psychological damage from the HSG goes on.... Wishes for once I was normal.

AQ: since my HSG tests my periods have become slightly longer and with a heavier bleed so I feel your pain. Have you got a wheat bag? I find that these help as opposed to sticking lots of difference pills down my throat. My period is due tomorrow so I've booked the week of work. Don't know how I'm going to react being on the down regulation drugs plus period! Already have turned into a hormone induced lunatic! Poor DH! Hope you feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->