IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Sounds horrendous Gem...I know they always say relax when things being done down there but easier said than done! It's always a nightmare when I have a smear even with the smallest thing they have, my womb and cervix in a funny position too. I had one the other week actually, and the normal thing happened, nurse couldn't get it in. But then she was making me laugh saying a smear is nothing compared to what will be done in IVF...so that helped! I assumed you wouldn't have a period when on the meds... Hope ur ok.
J x

Hi angel- the girls on here are absolutely fantastic and supportive which is probably why your post was missed, a BFN is so hard to take so sadly your post got lost in all the others. You will not find a more supportive and informative group of girls than on here. They really are angels- I could not have got through treatment without it.

AQ- sorry you are feeling rotten honey. Wrap yourself up and take care of yourself. Not long now to wait.

Sending love and hugs to you all xxxxxx

Hi everyone,just popped I'm to see how ur all doing?

Hope u feel better soon Africa,joanne and gemz Xx

Thanks Susie,hope u and little one r ok Xx
Melbram,thinking of u Xx
Lindy,how are thing with u? Xx
Hope everyone else is well,Mrs E,cvaeh? Xx

Angel - hi,u are very welcome to join us on this thread,we are here to support one another. The girls that have been on here have been a great support to me through tough times during the past year anf a half. Friday was a very busy day on the thread with Melbram's sad news and my egg collection and your post wad missed. I'm sorry that u felt disappointed. Hope u find the responses from the girls helpful. Good luck with your treatment x

AFM, I'm doing well and everything seems to have settled down after egg collection. Been drinking loads of water! I was half expecting a phone call from the hewitt this morning.....to call me in for transfer as they did say it would be possible if my embryos weren't strong enough to take to blasto, but not a peep,so I guess that we are all set for Wednesday as planned!! Soooo nervous! Xx

Thanks girls. It has eased off a little bit so im going to get a nice warm bath, watch a film and have a early night so i should hopefully be well enough for work tomorrow as can't afford to lose another day x

Joanne- Hope your ok and that the pain gets less. Mr K wants to do a lap with me too before further treatment so i would not be surprised if endo shows on mine too just to add to my list of gyno issues! lol. Can it be treated? x

Del- GREAT news on getting to blast! really increases your chances! so glad for you x

Thank u Africa :) ooh I really hope it helps! Xx
Enjoy your bath! Hope u feel better by the morning Xx

Del- fabulous news. Thrilled for you. Try and take it easy after transfer. Xxx I feel fine. No symptoms really other than tiredness- in so lucky

AQ- enjoy bath and have a few painkillers before be.

AQ endo can certainly be treated but not cured unfortunately. When I went to have my cyst removed they found I had severe endo then. It was such a surprise as I always had regular light pain free periods so they had not even considered endo a possibility, but apparently I was covered in it. My ovaries were stuck to my pelvic wall & no poor little eggies could get down my tubes. Basically depending on how bad it is they can usually hoover it out, think like that suction thing in the dentist! Anyway they cleaned me all up during the same operation that they found it & that was the cycle of my bfp.
It does apparently come back within about 6-12 months but the procedure can be repeated.
Good luck for the 13th though I'll be keeping everything crossed for you.
x

Thanks Lisa.
I was thinking of my last ectopic too when i had all the internal bleeding as surgeon said my ovary and tube were stuck together so maybe that was a sign of it... also the pain i feel is beyond 'normal' cramps. Its all over pain... i am sure when i get booked in for my lap around end of sep/oct that it will show up if that's the case. I have read it hinders implantation too so that could account for my 2 embies not implanting too. Shall have to wait and see xxx

Sounds horrendous Gem...I know they always say relax when things being done down there but easier said than done! It's always a nightmare when I have a smear even with the smallest thing they have, my womb and cervix in a funny position too. I had one the other week actually, and the normal thing happened, nurse couldn't get it in. But then she was making me laugh saying a smear is nothing compared to what will be done in IVF...so that helped! I assumed you wouldn't have a period when on the meds... Hope ur ok.
J x

Hi Jo

Nurse said I may have AF or may not. On down regulation drugs so is possible. I started them on CD19 as my AF is quite short 24 days normally. I'm alright in the main - feels a bit battered and bruised but carrying on. Glad I'm not in work today, not looking forward to later just in case! :s

AQ: how you feeling today?

Del: how you feelin now? Only one more day to go! Crosses fingers for you

Hi to all the gang

I've been following everything so hope everyone is ok.

Regarding DHEA - to be honest not noticed heavier or more painful periods only side effect both times is spots and hair drying an falling out.

Well my drugs arrive on Thursday and start injections on 20th aug - fingers crossed this time it works and lasts xx

Oooh Mrse75 that's brilliant news! Not long now!!

I've got a question that all those who have been thru one cycle of IVF will know the answer, what happens after 1st baseline scan? Ours is booked a week tomorrow so wondering what happens after this? Do we get to see consultant before ec? Are we then put on stimulating drugs straight away?

Del - congrats on getting to Blasto everything cross for you

MrsE - not long now - hope this is it for you

Africa - the 13th is almost upon us - I so hope your funding gets approved x

LIkklegems - I start taking stimming injections 2 days after baseline then had a further two scans to check on how the follies were growing. Seen nurses everytime x

Hello everyone,
Hope everyone is ok.
AQ...I didnt know I had endo til I had my op, always had painful periods but didn't know that was why. Mine quite bad, all my inside bits look like they are wrapped in cling film apparently! Not dangling as they should, and they think this is what has blocked both tubes. They couldn't treat it as too much, but I think if it's caught early they can laser it off. Xx

Hi Jo, I'd love to know the cause of my blocked tubes. I had a terrible time in my early 20s with my periods and had a lap when I was 23. This showed nothing other than a titled womb, fast forward 6 years and bOth tubes are blocked. My periods settled down but with the HSG they went worse. Ive often wondered if they missed something, or of it was early endo and not spotted. At the time it seemed like it was endo so who knows?

Hopefully we'll be first time lucky and I won't need to worry about it for a whole, else Im very tempted if our first cycle doesn't work to ask for a lap to see how bady tubes etc are.

Melbram, did you get to see consultant before transfer? I kinda pused the receptionist to see the consultant because the nurse got another doctor and then they started talking bout sedation at embryo transfer and I was so panicked over the weekend that on Monday I more or less demanded to see consultant. I don't want to waste their time thou so don't know what to do? How are you feeling now hun?

Hi ladies,hope everyone's ok and feeling better today Xx
Just a short post before ET tomorrow.....eeeek! Feeling very very nervous,let's hope that this will be it! 4th time lucky hopefully! Will update u all tomorrow xx

Lots of luck del for tomorrow....will be thinking of u x
Gem.. They said mine were blocked because of the endo or bad infection, which I don't really believe as been with hubby for 13 years!!! I dont know why the didn't unblock them, as I've since read they can be!!
Question for all really.... I've seen u all mention talking to nurses on the phone....why does no one ever pick up for me?! Or if they do, they say someone will call me back...which never happens. Been trying to get through all week to sort our start date, but no joy. And when u ring it asks are you NHS or private....is it different nurses or service??
Nite nite x

Good luck Del

Likklegems: On collection spoke with a lovely nurse then went into the room where spoke with the embryologist, anethestist and the guy who was doing the collection. no I didnt see any consultant on transfer. I spoke to the embryologist who told me how the embryos were and spoke with the nurse who did the transfer x

T
Lots of luck del for tomorrow....will be thinking of u x
Gem.. They said mine were blocked because of the endo or bad infection, which I don't really believe as been with hubby for 13 years!!! I dont know why the didn't unblock them, as I've since read they can be!!
Question for all really.... I've seen u all mention talking to nurses on the phone....why does no one ever pick up for me?! Or if they do, they say someone will call me back...which never happens. Been trying to get through all week to sort our start date, but no joy. And when u ring it asks are you NHS or private....is it different nurses or service??
Nite nite x

Jo same with me! Said originally could be an infection such as a std to which I went slightly mental! Hubby and I have been together nearly 10 years and married for 6 of them as of last Saturday gone! I wondered and asked if it could have been a result of the lap - post op infection and he said it was unlikely butbim still not sure

As for the phone calls patience is the key! It's a nightmare to get thru, spend a lot of time on hold and the nurses generally do call back quite quickly when they've got your notes.I don't think it makes a difference nhs or private but couldn't be sure as I'm NHS

Del best of luck tomorrow will be thinking bout you x x x

Hi everyone, I'm new so hope you don't mind me joining!?

I've been reading these posts for a while and have finally decided to post. Hope everyone is well and good luck tomorrow Del!

I've been at the women's for six years now and I'm about to do my third cycle! I started My buserelin on the 21st and have my baseline scan in Thursday. I'm so excited about it all. My last cycle I got ohss and couldn't have a transfer. I had eight ferlized and they defrosted them all and i had two transfered about a year later (as needed a break)and that sadly failed booooo. We then decided to start again this year and I went for to the HC back in jan
and its just started now.

I would really like it if I can join you guys so we can go through this together! Africa queen your story has really stood out for me (been reading awhile) and I have everything crossed or the 13th!(hope I have the date right) anyway thanks :)

Good luck Del

Welcome to all the newbies and good luck with all appts and cycles x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"