IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Very sad to say that we lost our appeal. Got the letter yesterday saying our PCT will only allow 2 cycles on nhs unless exceptional circumstances which we dont have?!! surely in the field of infertility me having no tubes thus no way on earth of getting pregnant naturally and also the fact that i have such low egg reserve would be classed as exceptional?!! Just so sad yesterday. Spent the day crying with dh and got very drunk which has solved nothing obviously but i just couldnt cope. We NEVER get a break!

Well my dad has seen the state im in and he has very kindly offered to pay for a cycle of ICSI for us! he is not a rich man an thats pretty much all his life savings so we are very thankful to him. We are going to be having our 3rd cycle in the new year at a clinic in Athens in Greece as they offer 2 cycles for just over £4000. So that is the next stage of our journey.

Likkle- Im glad your ok and your mind at rest x

Del- Im sorry u got a shitty nurse. No need for bad attitude esp when dealing with something so emotional! x

MrsE- Yay for starting again an lots of luck x

Foxey- Awww lovely to hear from you! cant believe your baby is 10mths already! ah bless him walking! good luck for FET x

Hi to Lindy, Susie, Sharkey,Melbram and all the gang xxxx

WTF!?! Well what classes as exceptional then do they tell you?? That's nuts when all those people with pip implants are having them redone on nhs I think it's criminal. I'm so enraged I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I'm so sorry but so touching that your dad has offered what a truly wonderful gesture.

So how did you find out about Athens - not heard of that one but one in Cyprus which gets good results apparently.

Does that mean you're leaving our thread :( ??

You're news has put me in a very bad mood!! Can't even blame the drugs yet, ha, ha x

I wish you and DH nothing but good luck. You guys need to just spend the next three months doing the things that make you both happy and work through this disappointment together.

Huge hugs coming your way xxxxx

AQ I'm proper fuming on your behalf! Doesn't that count as exceptional reasons? NICE Guidamce recommends 3 cycles of IVF!! Can't you take this option and appeal to the SHA?

I'm sorry sweetheart, I would have got blind drunktoo! If there's anything I can do, let me know and I'll do my best to help!

So sorry Africa, I did worry it had been bad news when you didn't come on yesterday. What do they class as exceptional circumstances?? Surely the fact that they should have done ICSI second time should have counted for something!! Your dad sounds like an amazing man. I pray you get your dream. Xx :hugs:

Girls sorry to change the subject but I need some advice.

As you know the HC put me on 2 powders plus 1 water, and that I had some heavy bleeding over the weekend. The scan showed that there was good womb lining at this stage, and that they could see follicles but did a blood test to be on he safe side

Anyway they've phoned me now and said they're gonna up the does to 5 powders of Menpur plus one and a half water.she asked if I had any questions and India properly loads but couldn't think of anything. Anyway called them bak at 4:35 on hold for 10 minutes then cut off, tried calling back an they're now closed

So worried why has this happened and what does it mean? My AMH is slightly lower than average for my age 19 as opposed to 21, an other than the blocked tubes theres nothing else wrong! Should I be worried, will we be ok to continue? Will it mean we'll have a poor response with our eggs??? Have got a planned scan for Friday feel like I'm having a breakdown now been crying since I couldn't get thru!

AQ I'm so sorry, it's shite isn't it. The only thing I can say is when you have private treatment you'll never look back. Our NHS system is shocking and I would live to have an American system but what can you do xxxxx

Gemz try not to worry, how many days have you been stimming for ? You've probably just had a false start and tbh your follies did seem a little small but at least they're doing something about it. My last cycle was 5 amps start to finish so just prepare yourself that you'll be stimming for longer xxxx

Hi to everyone else xxxx

Thanks for support ladies.
I obviously wont post as often but i wont leave the thread as want to see how you all get on and hopefully be able to post some good news of my own in 2013 :)

Likkle- Ah hun you are goin through it arent you! hope the extra meds make the diff x

AQ glad you'll be sticking around! Have you considered going to your MP to reappeal for funding (remember NICE says your entitled to three rounds!) don't give up hun! I fight them every step of the way whilst persuing treatment over in Cyprus, what harm can it do?

Bugs by yesterday when I went for emergency scan and the done the bloods I'd been stimming for 4 days, 5th jab was due at 6 that night. Just done injection now and it's floored me - really stung. Heads all over the place now wondering if this is going to work

X x

AQ - glad to hear you won't be abandoning u all. Good luck

Gemz - don't worry the while point of having a scan is so that if your not responding correctly they can up the meds, that's all they're doing so try not to stress. My last cycle is was on the highest poss dose of 6amps so I know how you feel. All in all most people stimulate for anything from 12-14 days but I do know people that have to stimulate for 21 days so it's all good. In fact you Gould be thankful they did an emergency scan cos otherwise on fri they would have put your mess up and you'd be 3 days behind where you will be on Friday. Good luck for your scan x

AQ so sorry the appeal was refused - like the other have said I would love to know what "exceptional circumstances" actually means! :growlmad: Im thrilled that your father has stepped in and you now have a way forward Im sure it is in a way a weight of your shoulders and fx it will be third time lucky for you x keep us posted x

Mrs E: congrats on starting DR :happydance:

Likklgems: wow 5 amps is a lot - great if it does the job though - the HC musnt be too concerned otherwise they would have given you more info I would have imagined - just makes it a bit more fiddly sorting your needles out! A lady I talk to on another page had very slow growers and was stimming for quite some time - she ended up with 2 eggs - both fertilised and transferred on day 5 - and she got a BFP so dont worry too much xxx

HI to everyone else x

AQ- hugs and love. Keep in touch. You know my feelings about it. Im so upset for you so can imagine how you feel. I have only heard of cyprus clinic. Xxxxxx

Lickle- don't breakdown. It must be something they are used to dealing with. Stay calm. They saw lovely follies on your scan.

- it was Richard Russell I saw and who called me. He was fantastic.

Hi ladies! Very busy on here! So much to catch up on!

Africa - I'm so sorry hun! Can't believe they turned u down. But on a positive how lovely of your dad, he's a very special person and obviously wants the very best for u.£4000 for 2 cycles us amazing,we paid nnearly £7,500 for our last cycle with all the extra tests and treatments! Ridiculous isn't it!! I really hope u will get your bfp hun xxxx

Gemz,I'm sure all will be fine hun Xx
MrsE,good news on getting started Xx
Hi joanne,Sharkey,Susie,Lisa,Melbram,Lindy,bugs and all the gang!

I'm feeling much better by today and have found strength from somewhere! I will get my little baby one day! Xx

Thanks girls xx

Del- So glad you have regained your fighting spirit. Whatever it takes we WILL be mums one day x

Del and AQ you will be mums and they will be much loved, wanted and cherished little ones. I pray with all my heart you get there soon. Xxxx

Oh no Africa :sad2: that's the most rediculous decision I've heard... It's so wrong :hugs:

amazing of your dad though bless him, really hope the clinic in Greece will be where you get your :bfp:

Del- glad you are feeling more positive, both you and AQ will make the best mums ever, as will everyone else on this thread I'm sure :thumbup:

good luck to all those starting again soon and currently on the journey, lots & lots of :dust: to you all.

Wish there was more I could say/do but I'm thinking of you all :flower:
xx

Gemz really don't worry you've had a really early scan you wouldn't normally go in till day 7 for your 1st scan whilst on stimms so just take it one step at a time and I'm sure it will be fine xxxx

Hello everyone....
AQ...I'm so sorry to read what I just have, can't imagine how you must be feeling. ...... Your dad sounds lovely though, for his lovely daughter :)
Have you investigated mainland spain.... I've heard lots of positive things and lots of babies made!!
Gems..... Sounds like your having a tough time at the moment, make sure you get an early night and lots of rest.
Hi to all
Lots of love j x

Afternoon all, how is everyone doing?

I got called into HC again today! I swear I'm liable to go mad. Work have given me a hard time at the moment because of all the scans ect that I'm disappearing off for so they weren't too impressed

Any way, had another scan and checked level of meds, the new dosage is making me sick and bloated which apparently means its working! Yey! Scan showed 7 follies on right side all over 10mm and one on left over 10mm with lining at 6mm, for those of you who have been thru IVF before does this sound normal for there to be such a difference between right and left ones?

Have another scan on Friday and fingers crosses if everything goes ok we'd be looking at either Tuesday or Wednesday next week for EC

Hope everyone is ok, and any advice you can give me would be great

Gem x

Not long now Gems :)

I had 20 on my righ and 8 on my left so ther can be quite a difference x

Thanks Melbram! Good to know. Part of me I think is a bit disappointed that there isnt more follies there, I thought given that I've only got haldros in both tubes is respond better, but I keep telling me I only need one good one to stick!

What size should a follie be before egg collection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->