IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Gemz don't worry I had 9 on one side and 4 on the other. From memory I think it's when you have a group around 16mm when they tell you to take the trigger shot something around that size anyway xx

Gemz- Dont worry. I had 9 follies in total and we got 6 eggs an thats with my crappy amh levels so all going fine ;-) good luck and you will soon be pupo x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- Well after much investigation and discussion, me an dh have decided to have our next cycle of IVF with ICSI at womens again. We worked out all the extras for having treatment abroad and taking into account flights, transfers, hotels, medical insurance, visa and loss of earnings for us both we would only be saving a few hundred pounds so we will be saving the additional cash to put to my dads very generous gift and will be having our 3rd cycle in Jan/Feb 2013 :) in the meantime we are going to be submitting a letter to PCT saying we dont agree with the appeal decision and we are also getting our MP involved in one last ditch attempt to try and alter the outcome as ideally we really dont want to be taking my dads hard earnt savings for something even the NICE guidelines states we are entitled to given our situation, so fingers crossed but at least now we know either way we will be having our 3rd cycle in the new year :) xxx

Yey go AQ!!! I could go all Churchill on you and start saying well fight em on the beaches! :)

Felt terrible the last few days, so queasy with the increased dose but I've eating lots of ginger busicuits to counter it as best I could! Normally I'd just take a couple of tablets and that would be the end of it - not anymore!!! I've got what should have been my 1st scan planned for tomorrow. Given the horrendous early start into investigation as to why we couldn't get pregnant I couldnt praise the HC more for putting me at ease and giving me the best possible care

Hows everyone doing?

Hi all

Hope everyone is doing okay, there seems to be lots going on.

Africaqueen- so sorry you didn't get better news about your appeal but to keep on fighting sounds a very good plan.

Likklegemz-hope your scan goes well for you tomorrow.

I am currently in the middle of my second cycle at care after two at the women's. I am going in for egg collection tomorrow at 10. I had twelve follicles at my final scan but some of them were too small for chance of a mature egg. I am so scared this time after always receiving the worst news at my fertilisation phone call but if I ever want to be pregnant I have no other option. I just hope we have a bit of luck on our side this time and get something to transfer to give us a chance. I have been on gonal this time and have felt nothing even after my hcg shot last night so am a bit worried there are even eggs there. I keep telling myself to be positive.

Hello to everyone that knows me from earlier in thread and all the new people too. Babydust to us all x x

Hi

Gems: dont worry about the numbers too much - I wish I had less because I ended up overtimulating because I had so many eggs - I think I read somewhere follies should be around 18mm for EC but dont quote me ;)

AQ: Aw glad u'll be sticking around at the HC :)

Cvaeh: good luck with EC tomorow - FX you get some good eggies x

Cvaeh hope this is your time! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Quick question for everyone, other than folic acid did you take any multi vitamins? I've got a decent diet with lots of fruit and veg in it just struggling to eat in the evening at momet due to the time our injection is - 5:30

Cvaeh- Lovely to see you back! wishing you tons of luck for EC tomorrow and i hope you get at least 1 special embie for transfer as remember how devastating your last cycle was and wish u all the very best hun x

Gemz- haha! love the churchill comment and il be fighting them all the way ;-) as regards vitamins i am taking daily- 800miu of Vitamin E, Folic acid plus calcium and vitamin d, vitamin c and 50mg of DHEA which is a hormone to help egg quality x

Melbram- Yeah glad we finally decided to stick with the HC as i know we have had a few fails lately but we have our ladies with babies and prego ladies to prove to us they do have a lot of success too ;-) x

One thing that does bother me ladies is that the HC don't use US for transfer and im wondering why as most clinics use it... It says under NICE guidelines that it should be done with US guidance too... wonder if you can insist on it after 2 fails?? xxx

Hi

I have been taking Zita west vitafem and vitafem boost for the last few months. I have also been taking Zita west dha which is omega 3&6 I think.
I have had dh taking menevit which was recommended by care. X

Hi everyone......

Aq - I was so angry when I read that you hadn't been approved for funding.... But I hope your appeal goes well. Your dad is so kind, such a lovely thought. Keeping everything crossed for you.

Likklegemz..... How are you feeling now? Horrible you feel so awful :( Im taking pregnacare conception which I've loved. Been taking it for months now .

Hi to everyone else :)

Well it's my transfer day tomorrow! I'm so excited its ridiculous. Been waiting for this day for so long. They did the thaw on Wednesday and happy to say all 6 thawed well. They are now nearly at blastocyst stage so at 2pm tomorrow one little frostie will be back with me. They said they were good quality so was happy at that. I did asked the dreaded question about having 2 back but they said as a clinic, they wouldn't put back 2 blastos. Do that's that!!

Love to everyone xxx

Yey Jules thats brilliant news!!! So happy for you! I reckon I'll be a week behind you do you'll have to keep us all posted

I shall look into those vitamins an buy some tomorrow - just worried that as I've been soo of food with this sickness can't be good for either me or what's going on inside!

Gonna enjoy a long hot soak in the bath and hopefully have a successful scan plus accupunture session tomorrow! Didn't really arrange my time very well thou scan first thing then accupunture last thing - car park must be loving the money it's getting from me at the moment!

Jules- Best of luck for transfer tomorrow! 6 frosties is FAB! and btw they DO put 2 blasts back as my friend had 2 blasts transferred from her FET and now has twin boys but if your happy with 1 transferred that's the main thing and i wish you lots of luck and a smooth 2ww with a very happy outcome xxx

Thanks gems and AQ..... AQ, they were so against it. I said we would like 2 put back but they were adamant it was a no go. I'm only 34 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it ? But anyway, whatever will be, will be.

Gems..... Course will keep you posted... I went to acupuncture on Tuesday night at a place by where I live, it was great and I felt so calm! It was strange! But I did like it :) good luck for scan all will be fine. Pregnacare conception has great feedback... Its full of vitamins and folic acid. I over stimulated back in April which is why I had to have my transfer cancelled, but I got 11 eggs and 6 fertilised.... And now they are just waiting for me tomorrow :) can't wait xxx

Jules- they made me sign a disclaimer that I understood the risks of multiple pregnancy. I also had to give a reason ( I said my age). The embryologist quietly said sign it and have 2 put in, she would. Lots of luck!!

Cvah good luck for tomorrow.

AQ- the us not getting used really concerned me. I read up on it and did question about it at my fu and was just told it is the department policy. Have you heard anything about countess of Chester?

Hi girls, hope everyone is ok.

AQ so glad you will be sticking around, the new year will be here before you know it! I think you should definitely continue to fight the pct, they are going against all the guidelines!! I was also concerned that the hc didn't use US at transfer, given that I had read that most clinics use it. It also really worried me that they were closed on Sunday's, is that still the case? x

Cvaeh good to see you and lots of luck for EC and fingers crossed you get some good embies x

Jules good luck for transfer, sounds like you have some good embies there. Like AQ said if you want 2 transferred then push for that, from what I can remember there is nothing written in all the paperwork that says you can't have 2, just that they recommend one if you are under 37. Good luck x

Gemz hope you are ok, try and relax if you can, I know it's hard. I can't remember how many follies I had but I did have to stimm for 3 extra days to get them up to size. x

Hi to everyone else xx

Jules- Well my friend already had a dd from previous IVF and they transferred 2 blasts and she only 27 and this was early last year so i would push for two if that's what you want x

Lindy- Yes it really concerns me with them not using US guidance tbh... enough to maybe make us change clinics if they wont agree to do it with US... we would even pay extra for it to give us a better chance. Saying that though, lots of our ladies are preg or had babies and US has never been used there as far as i am aware... ah i dont know x

Susie- How are you and your lovely son? x

Hi AQ, I am v well thank you, the little man Ben is 4 months old!!! He's growing fast, it's scary how quick it goes! It makes me sad to think of everyone who is still on this journey, I have a few friends gp

Hi AQ, I am v well thank you, the little man Ben is 4 months old!!! He's growing fast, it's scary how quick it goes! It makes me sad to think of everyone who is still on this journey, I have a few friends going through treatment at the moment. I know there are mixed views on the hc but I will be eternally grateful to that hospital for giving me Ben and delivering him safely. Dr Russell in particular is amazing, if it's possible I would see if you can see him before your next cycle, he really cares and will do whatever he can to make your cycle a success. Chin up and keep fighting, you will get there xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->