IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Julie's I reckon you need at least two sessions, mainly as the first one is a bit about you and seeing what points would benefit you more! I know I was a bit freaked out after the first session, but when I got home I fell straight asleep! The second session didn't freak me about at all and I've really benefited from it!

Te links between accupunture and IVF success rates are supposed to be good although some trials say it doesn't make any difference! I think it made a difference to my frame of mind thou

Del - enjoy the glass of wine. I know things haven't turned out the way you wanted but there's still hope :)

AQ best of luck again, I'll check the site as much as I can all day tomorrow

Going to phone HC tomorrow and see what they say!

hello ladies, i cant remember the last time i was on here, time goes so quickly now.

Just a quick hello and update at my end to the ladies who helped me thru my ivf last year. Riley is 10 months old now and nearly walking. Im still off work until November and hopefully going back for our second baby in January as we have one in the freezer.

Short and sweet i know but riley keeps me on my toes constantly now.

Fingers crossed to u all and wishing u all the luck in the world xxxx

Hi all

Quick update will post more later! Started bleeding quite heavily for me at least last night, ended up coming in for emergency scan. On way to HC now! Will keep you all informed!

AQ any news yet

Del how you doing

Foxeydevil such a positive post thanks hun it's given me hope

X x x

Hi ladies,how's everyone doing today?
Gemz,hope everything is ok hun x
Foxey,aww lovely to see u on here,hope ur ok? My goodness can't believe little one is 10months! x
Africa,any news?? X
Hi to all the gang Xx

Well...got hold of them at hc at last,I'm sure I've tried them about 7 times today! When I did get through I had a horrible nurse on the phone!! Not at all happy by the way i was spoken to! In all my phone calls during the past two years plus have I been made to feel like that! The nurses are usually so lovely and supportive. Anyway she did put me through to the person that deals with private appointments. I have a follow up on the 3rd of Sept with Mr gazvani. Rant over girls...sorry! Xx

Del

So sorry you got a shitty nurse! I had that problem a fortnight ago! Hopefully you'll get answers on the 3rd - not that long now! How come you ended up with that doctor and not one of the other ones? Always wondered that! I'm under Dr Kingsland and he seems quite good - very nice and friendly

Thanks for the messages everyone, I waited over an hour as a half, was a bit annoyed as I could have left work later and they're getting annoyed with me now. Bright note is that they don't think theres anything to worry about. They've scanne my womb and they said the womb thickness is 7.5mm supposedly good at this stage and 7 follicles on each ovary and I think she said the biggest one was 3 mm! I have no idea of why this means! ;) just glad I don't need to worry

They've said to be on the safe side they've done a blood test and may need to up he dosage of the menopur to 3 amps rather than 2. She asked if I'd had any questions but to be honest I was so overwhelmed my mind went blank! Can any one tell me what this means?

Jo - how did you get on?

AQ any news yet?

Gem x x

Evening all.....
Glad you're ok Gem, popped on earlier and saw your post and was worried.
Dr Kingsland is soo nice! We were in there for a good 40 mins and had a lot of things explained which was good. Because of my low APH and my bleeding i need to ring on day one of my next cycle, ready to start on day one of the one after. Apparently I need super strong drugs???? Would you normally start on day 21.. .?? Anyone else done this type of cycle??
Del sorry to hear you have not had the best day....
Hi Foxey!
AQ any updates ???
Lots of love n x

Jo glad Dr Kingsland put your mind at rest! I started the down regulation drugs on cd 21 as my cycle is 24/26 days long. Apparently was my best chance of them working do wouldn't be too concerned.

When did he say you could have next start? Do you new to wait for a cycle to go thru?

Hope all is ok! Gem x x x

Hi gang, hope your all ok

Gemz - glad you got sorted today

AQ - any news, we're all dying to hear if you got your funding. Fingers crossed x

Afm - well 1st DR injection done only on the count down so it doesn't seem so long!! Let's see what this cycle has in store for us. Fingers crossed its a BFP that sticks x

Night night xx

Yey mrse75! Glad your starting your IVF journey on time!! Where you at the women's today in the afternoon? I've probably walked past you in a huff cos of work! :) hating waiting makes me feel so nervous!

I never got to meet a consultant. To be honest it is something I thought was very poor at the hc. However one of the normal docs was so good with my mc. He called me over the weekend and spoke to me the following week because he seemed to care I was happy to have my fu with him. When my fu was changed to somebody else he made a point to be available and see us instead. Really couldn't fault him and I was lucky with the nurses I met. There is no need to be rude on the phone, they should understand our pressures and worries and help not aggravate!

Gemz - no I've done one cycle already so don't need a drug appt they just did it by phone last Friday and drugs got delivered the week before. So yep we're in the rollercoaster again. Got a BFP last time but mc at 9 wks so hope this one works and goes full term. Saying my prayers xx

Mrse keep positive. You got lovely eggs, they fertilised, implanted so hopefully this time it sticks for you. Are you going for 1 or 2 embbies transfer do you think? X

Hi Lindy - I'm having two put back if we get them given my poor egg reserve. I did ask the question at my fu after the MC if the embryo would have had a better chance of only one transferred and Head embryologist said it would have made no difference. So fingers crossed all goes well this time. Funny cos doing the cycle doesn't scare me but what I do when I find out I'm pregnant which terrifies me given what happened! Not sure how I'll keep sane and calm!

Hopefully you do get your BFP and simple answer is you won't stay calm! You will be on pins and if you are anything like me you will be paying for private reassurance scans which reassure for all of 24 hours!! Fingers crossed for you this cycle. Xx

Quick question might be slightly stupid question but what does FU stand for?

Mrse75 last time did you have one or two transferred? I was wondering about that, at our joint consultation they said one would be transferred due to my age 29

Hi girls, has anyone heard from Africa? Bit worried that she didn't come on yesterday.

Lindy I think the doc you are referring to also delivered my baby, he's just the best!

Hello everyone else, sorry for quick post, will catch up properly once I've had chance to read through!

Hi susiesue

Was wondering about AQ myself. Hope it's been approved and shes just ern busy with work!

Gemz - FU means follow up appt. I had 2 put back due to age 36 and zero AMH level. Will be doing the same again this cycle. When is your day 10 follicle scan or EC date?

I am too worried about AQ she was due to find out yesterday so I hope and pray its good news for her. I your on her sweetie we're all thinking of you xx

Lindy - are you taking about Dr Russell I totally agree he is lovely and was very sympathetic when he told me my zero AMH results and when I went to see embryologist he came in to see us again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->