IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Massive thanks Likklegemz, and good luck for your transfer on Wednesday :) would love to be that far into the process!

I don't live in Liverpool and have been transferred by my GP after he saw the results of our bloods and semen analysis, so I don't know if this makes the protocol different to you. I've had basic tests - day 21, thyroid, folates and clotting.

Just desperate to get going now and really impatient to have timescales in place!

x

House2home - have you had a lap & dye yet cos they will want you to have one of those before proceeding

Your welcome hun! Your wait may e a little bit longer in that case as most hospitals like to do their own tests but they'll probably do them quick as thu have 3 months to start treatment once you've attended the PIE as that's when funding from your PCT has gone thru!

What PCT are you in? What consultant are you with? I'm under dr Kingsland and he's lovely!

Gems: Great news u'l get to blast

Nababel: FX for lots of embies and a fresh transfer

Welcome HousetoHome: Have you got a date for PIE? when I was transferred from GP to the Womens OH had to have another SA done and a physical examination. We were delayed a little because OH had to have a scan for a suspected varicocele before we got referred to PIE. It took us 9 months to get to PIE but thereafter 3 months to start the medication etc. I didnt have to have a lap and dye because OHs swimmers werent great in everyway whether there was a problem with me or not we would have to have IVF so you may be able to by-pass that bit too x

Del: Glad to hear you've had some good news with your DH - sorry to hear your feeling down at the moment - I cant begin to imagine how your feeling - will you proceed with more testing and go for another round?

Im thinking of taking some preconception vits on my next cycle - what would you recommend? thinkin Zita west but there is so many to chose from

Welcome House2home! You will find this forum soooooo helpful! Xx

Melbram....I use pregnacare conception.... Initially the ones for us both but now I just take them. They have a really good reputation for us ivfers!!

Afm.... Still hasn't sunk in. Ha!
Anyone know what happens after I ring to give them my result tomorrow? They said I will need to go get a prescription fom them for the pessaries and progynova cos got to continue for 12 weeks.
Then is it a scan 3 weeks later? That's the first time you hear the heart beat? Wow, I can't take it all in. It's too surreal xxx

Melbram.... Here is an article from last year xxxx

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...-costing-30p-day-answer-getting-pregnant.html

Hmmm will have to look into that Jules! I'm taking mother to be (was on offer at tescos at the time so it seemed a better idea that getting follic acid

Thank you so much everyone. I feel at home already...

Likklegemz - I'm in North Wales, and I'm not ure which consultant I'll be under as all I've had from LWH so far is an invitation to the PIE. It did have Kingsland's name on the bottom though - so I don't know if that means anything?

MrsE75 - my doc said he didn't want to bother with a lap and dye as I've had a couple of miscarriages, so they assume my tubes are open, and husband's swimmers are no good for anything but ICSI.

Melbram - I take Boots Conception multi vits every month. They usually have a 3for2 offer on them.

Jules78 - massive congrats on your BFP :) good to have a positive story, no pun intended.

xx

Hey Jules, I think they can pick up a heartbeat usually about 6 weeks, which would be 4 weeks post transfer I think. You'll have to get yourself a ticker so we can keep up with how you are doing? :yipee:

A colleague of my OH is having EC at HC on Wed, I might tell him to give her this thread address, it's been so helpful for so many women I'm sure she'd appreciate the support :thumbup:
xx

Jules you normally have a scan with hc at 7 weeks and you should be able to hear the heartbeat. If you not on the dols trial you are discharged from hc then. If you are in dols trial then you are with hc until 12 weeks and can have extra scans. I had them at 7, 9 and 12 weeks. You will also need to book with midwife, if you are going to have baby at women's then I would advise you to book early as I left it late and they could only fit my booking scan in at 16 weeks. I warn you tho that waiting for the scan is like the 2ww over again!! X

Likkle- fabulous news!!!

Jules- it still hasn't sunk in for me

House2home- welcome. I didn't need a lap and dye, just the esta you have had. It took 3 months to get to PIE night then 2 months to do consent and then start day 1 of next cycle. Think the delay for my consent was because of Christmas

Ooooohhh so much going on tonight!!!
Gemz great news, bet you are pleased : )
Nababel great news too........you two will have similar timings then.
Del good to hear from you, and great news about you DH ......sorry you are not feeling too good at the mo I'm sure the must be some good luck coming your way soon.
Jules...bet you are still on cloud 9.
Welcome house to home......I had my pie in April, and consultation end july seemed to take longer than everyone elses..I did have to have some bloods repeated though. I've since seen dr Kingsland who is lovely. I get my drugs this week and go in for my drug appointment and catheter test next week. Think my day 1 will be around that time to, so all go next week..... Eeeeeeek!!
J x

Hey Jo

Yes was so pleased, glad all four embies are doing well and the embryologist was fab on the phone explaining what she thought had happened to our other four so am happy and relieved! Add on the fact that I'm no longer being sick I'm too cheerful for my own good!

Question out of curiosity - how do you sign up to the dols trial? I'm mildly curious about it if *fingers crossed and saying lots of prayers* we get a positive result!! The other question I was intersted in was of those who went to blast, how many of your embies survived freezing / thaw?

Melbram- I took pregnacare but also bioglan fish oil- dhea is what is added to zita west tablets. I also took iron supplements and increased my protein ( I'm vegetarian )

Naebel- good luck for fertilisation report tomorrow :)

Likkle- hopefully when you get your BFP they check your mh and if suitable you can go on the dols. They need you in within 24 hours to start more pessaries and take bloods. It's lovely dr Russell who looked after you and he arranges to do your scan. x

Hi ladies,hope everyone is well?
Gemz,fab news hun,sooo pleased 4 u Xx
Cvaeh,good luck with the tests in Belgium. Hope your head will be supportive. Xx
Bugs,thanks for the post,very helpful,will look into it. Hope u get some answers from these tests. Are u having the nk biopsy? Stay in touch Xx
Joanne,thank u hun Xx
Nababel,good luck to u Xx
Hi to the rest if the gang and welcome to house2home x

I went back 2 work today,not ready but needed something 2 focus on! Have broken down and cried with many today,lucky 2 have supportive co workers. I'll be back in the full swing of things tomorrow with a class full of children! Plus we gave an inspection coming up! More stress.....just what I needed! Xx

Hi everyone. Just got back from Isle of man so sorry for short post but wanted to wish Jules a HUGE congrats! bet you are on cloud nine! i can never imagine getting another BFP so i should imagine it takes a while to sink in but such great news! x

Del- Think of you often. Hang in there x

Gemz- 4 embies is AMAZIN! We only ever got 1 each cycle so you have a good chance x

Welcome House2home and good luck x

Hi to Lisa, Bugs, Melbram, lindy, Joanne, Susie, babies and all the gang x

Im off to bed so will catch up better tomorrow xxx

Del- I know it is hard being in work but keeping busy really does help. The sadness is still there and hits you but you get some time when your mind is taken away from it. Xxxx

hi del

hope a class full of kids takes your mind off things. what year do you teach? i teach year one and they are back in tomorrow.

do you know what time we as teachers are allowed to take off for ivf officially? i have always been paid for appointments and my head has covered or i have managed to get appointments in my ppa and just self certified as sick the week of egg collection. i have got my initial Belgium appointments at half term but its not always easy to organise treatment around holidays as that all depends on your body plus with my low amh i don't want to have to wait till Easter. how have you taken time off for your cycles? did the doctor sign you off?

Gemz- your embryos sound like strong ones. good luck tomorrow x x

x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"