IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I'm taking the next day off work but going in on friday! Not sure I could cope staring at the clock waiting it to hurry up and be test date!!!

Besides if Don't go to work it'll only pile up an ill be stressed out!

I think it's best to keep your mind off it. My sister is in slow labour so that will be keeping my mind off it - or will it :wacko:

It doesn't take long but because your getting knocked out I'm unsure what happens there.

Trust me and my body to be even more awkward! :)

On a 'normal' transfer then what happens??

Congrats Nababel :yipee: that's great news, good luck for Saturday! :thumbup:

Gems really hope all goes well tomorrow for you, will be thinking of you :hugs:
xxx

Ha ha!! Don't worry I'm sure at lot of people also get knocked out. I'm having gas an air as I find it uncomfortable. Well if I remember last time it's just like a smear and a a thin long thing (don't know what it's called) contains the embryo and they just insert it. Don't know if it's changed much as I done it about 4 years ago. It doesn't take long.

Gemz.... After the transfer nothing really happens! Apart from you feeling like you need to be wrapped in cotton wool and your scared to move I case it flls out, that's it! Just take it easy and off you go home! We went fora cupola in the restaurant 1st cos I was feeling really emotional. I cried when they showed us the little embie on the screen! I felt a little cramping after but that was all. And a little tired. It's so exciting!!

Nababel..... Congrats that is amazing news!!!!!! 11, that is fantastic! Gl for sat.... You must be sooooo excited!!

MrsE.... I'm keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Oh I wonder if I get to see ours before I'm knocked out!? Hmmm as hubby can't come tomorrow because of school do you get a picture? That would be awesome to show him later on!! Mums going with me so I'm not on my own!

Did you go to work the next day Jules? Wondering if I should book it off. I dont want woo much time off as I'll just be mega busy when I do go back which will cause more stress

Oh I wonder if I get to see ours before I'm knocked out!? Hmmm as hubby can't come tomorrow because of school do you get a picture? That would be awesome to show him later on!! Mums going with me so I'm not on my own!

Did you go to work the next day Jules? Wondering if I should book it off. I dont want woo much time off as I'll just be mega busy when I do go back which will cause more stress

I don't know about pics.. They might do, you can only ask ! I was lucky cos my transfer was on a Friday then it the aug bank holiday so I automatically got 4 days off inc the Friday! I guess it depends on what type of job you do and how you feel. If I had my transfer on a Thursday I would have gone in on the Friday tho xx

Hmmm I may play by ear and speak to my boss in the morning and ask of I need it as I'm still a bit groggy from the sedation can I book the Thursday on leave! Do want to get back to normal thou as it'll keep me busy!!! How to cope with the 2ww! So excited! ;)

Hi ladies!
Gemz,good luck for tomorrow,what time r u in? Xx
Nababel,super news,bet ur made up Xx
Hi to the rest of the gang,hope ur all well.

Have my followup tomorrow! X

Thanks jules and del, I'm very pleased.

Good luck tomorrow as well del xxx

Thanks Del! How you feeling? In in at 2 tomorrow want me there at 1:30

Congrats Nababel - Lots of lil embies growing there :happydance:

Good luck with your FU Del

Gems: good luck with transfer - The transfer tomorrow will be exactly the same as when you have had mock transfers except you will be knocked out x I got to see the embies before they put them back but obviously I was awake we didnt take a pic. Once it was all done the first thing I did was have a wee! I was bursting...Then I lay down on the bed for a little bit before the nurse came back and asked why I was still there - I thought you'd have to rest for 20 mins or something but no off you pop back home.

At transfer I was still in discomfort from EC - I got signed off for 2 weeks - I was pretty ill in the first week because I over stimulated - kept myself busy by reading etc

afm: OH and I have been thinking - I managed to by-pass the lap & dye which I was really pleased with at the time but now thinking perhaps I should have it done - we keep praying that we will get pregnant naturally but for all we know my tubes could be blocked. Do you think they will let me go back to Mr Gazvahni and have lap & dye before IVF#2??

Good luck del and likkle for tomorrow.

Great news naebel

Xxxx

Melbram, ask them if you can or if it will help.... In the meantime keep trying naturally ;) xxx

Hey all

Thanks for all your well wishes! Really means a lot! Have stuffed my face this evening in preparation of fasting tomorrow! :)

I've got a bit of back pain but other than that I'm super excited and nervous for tomorrow! Good luck to you too Del! Hope it all goes well at the appointment! Are you going to enquire to see if they'll help support you going the PCT for additional funding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->