IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

your welcome hun! :) My follow up was really good - I'm having a lap shortly before we try again as we've got 2 embies frozen? If you dont mind answering do you know what the cause of your infertility is?

such am emotional rollercoaster IVF is - dont worry or beat yourself up if it doesnt work first time round - but fx it does! You can go slightly mad with all the hormones you go thru - I did! its all normal, and as the others will attest to - its exhausting, thrilling exciting and scary all rolled into one! :D x x x

hi ladies, merry christmas. i havent been on here for months, but have thought about u all. heres a quick update on me, my son Riley is 14 months old now and causing mayhem round the house, he keeps me so busy:). my husband and i decided to have our frozen embryo put back this month and after a rollercoaster christmas i had a positive test this morning. i know how lucky i am and hope my story gives u all hope that it will happen to u one day! i wish u all the best for 2013xxxxxxx

I typed a message to little angel and didn't click submit so have copied and pasted it because message times out but sure she has all the info.

Hi little.

Girls- correct me if I have got this all mixed up!!

When you phone the HC on day 1 of your cycle they arrange for a company to call and arrange to deliver your drugs ( one needs to be kept in fridge) You get an appt to go the HC and a nurse goes through your drugs with you and you are ready to start injecting on day 21 of this cycle.

Usually it is a Long protocol so you start down regulating for 21 days. This switches off your hormones. After a scan to check everything has switched off Then you do 2 Injections the one to switch off your hormones and the other stimulates your ovaries to produce eggs.

I think it was 7-10 days later I had a scan and they saw how many follicles my ovaries had produced (not everyone has an egg in) THey then arrange to collect your eggs. You give yourself a trigger shot (injection in fridge) at a certain time before they take your eggs so they are matured. They do there magic in the lab and transfer them back to you 2-5 days later. After implantation you have to do suppositories to help implantation.

Your drugs are just nhs prescription charges so if you are exempt I don't think you will pay.

Hi everyone, hope you all had a fab Christmas!
I am dying to hear how Sharkey is!
Little angel how exciting that you are starting soon!
Foxy-congrats!!

AFM- after waiting what seems an eternity I got my appointment letter through today and its not until 31st January!! I still don't know how my repeat prolactin blood test came back because no one will tell me! My letter just says my appointment is for the joint consultants clinic. Does anyone know what this means? I was hoping to be seeing the IVF nurse, so this has got me thinking my results have come back high.

Massive congrats Foxey, what an amazing christmas present :baby: My lo is 8 months already I don't know where the time goes!! x

Lovetoeatcake - from memory the appointment letter says joint consultants appt but it is actually with the nurse, I remember feeling confused as I was expecting to see the consultant :wacko: Sounds like all is fine x

Hi to everyone else :flower: xx

Thanks Ladies for your warm welcome :flower:

I phoned the LWH this morning to let them know my cycle had started, and the lady I spoke to said a nurse would phone me back later this morning (which she didn't) or it would definietly be on Monday ... :coffee:

The impatient side of me will be phoning them first thing Monday I think.

After losing nearly 5 1/2 stone, my DH and I decided to give the IVF road another try (we tried about 3 years ago - but didn't get as far as treatment as my weight was a major issue) ... anyway, in October, we went to the PIE at the LWH, and in December we were told that we were suitable for IVF (although apparently I have low fertility - after 11 years of tests and goodness knows what else, I don't know why this wasn't noted before!!) - the nurse we spoke to at the beginning of the month said that it may be ICSI, but they wouldn't know that until the day they retreive the eggs.

I have now lost 7 1/2 stone ... and am still working on losing more to give me the best possible chance of being as fit as I possible can for the treatment.

But anyway - just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who responded. Things seem a lot clearer in my head now and I look foward to joining you on your journies ... you all seem like a lovely bunch of people.

Good luck to everyone testing, congratulations to those who have positive results, and don't give up to those who are still trying :hugs:

Love

Shelly xxx

p.s. my posts will get shorter - promise!!

Hello everyone....hope you are all well and had lovely Christmases.
Congrats Foxey what a lovely Christmas pressie x
Hi lovetoeatcake.. defo worth getting high prolactin sorted. I had it and took medication for it. Think Joint just means you and your partner both go to the appointment.
Welcome Angel...and welcome to the waiting game and having to be patient! Which I am not!!
I had a short treatment which meant I started on day 2 of cycle and the injections only lasted about 9 or 10 days...so went from being all very slow to all very quick! I had a low AMH so they knew I wouldn't get many eggs so didnt bother with the long protocol. It all becomes a lot clearer at your drug appointment. Lots of luck.
Has anyone heard from sharkey?
Lots of love x

Hi susiesue thanks for letting me know, gives me a bit of hope!
Wow little angel, sounds like you have had a long journey. Congratulations on losing the weight, it will give you the best possible chance of IVF working. I was told my fertility was low as well, due to my AMH. This is a fairly new test so perhaps they didn't test it when you were going to try 3 years ago? I would be ringing first thing Monday as well. I'm soo impatient! Lol

Hi susiesue thanks for letting me know, gives me a bit of hope!
Wow little angel, sounds like you have had a long journey. Congratulations on losing the weight, it will give you the best possible chance of IVF working. I was told my fertility was low as well, due to my AMH. This is a fairly new test so perhaps they didn't test it when you were going to try 3 years ago? I would be ringing first thing Monday as well. I'm soo impatient! Lol

Hi hun,

Such a long journey, but whatever the outcome, it will be worth it as long as I can say we gave it a go.

I think you're right with the AMH test, it is a new test and from what I can remember they didn't do anything like that 3 years ago - but, the nurse did say it wouldn't affect my treatment, so I'm still trying to look on the positive side.

I think I can phone from 8.00am on Monday - so that's what I'm planning on doing!! :blush: xxx

Shelley- congratulations on the weight loss! That is some discipline. Ivf is such a roller coaster but everybody here will help to support you. Xx

Hello Girlies!!

It's only a quick one from me, our yellow stork turned Into a beautiful :pink: born on Xmas morning :cloud9:
Honestly the whole labour went In a blur..... Laboured just over 10hrs In all, still a bit sore due to the 2nd degree tare but It was so damn worth It :thumbup: and I would go through It all again tomorrow If I could x x

Ive currently got the matchstick look going on, lol The breast feeding Is going well which I'm so pleased about seeing as I'm big busted :haha:

Hope all you girls had a wonderful Christmas we sure as hell did and will never ever foret that!!!! The time will come to you women, have faith In your bodies as It will happen when you least expect It :kiss:

Have cracking New Year, 2013 will be the year for :bfp:

Lots of Love

Sharkey x

Congratulations Sharkey. the best Christmas present ever x x x x

Congratulations sharkey! Fabulous news. What did you call her? How much did she weigh? Hope you are both doing well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->