IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Gemz - i meant to say i am on 300iu for stimming, which i think is 4 amps? I am thinking this is a bit higher than what most start on and must be because my AMH is in the lower range.

Hey hun my amh is 19 so I was told this was slightly lower than normal for my age, I was on 150 then it was increased to 375!

Hi all :flower:

Just got back from the Womens after another scan (day 12 since started stimming). I have been booked in for EC on Wed yay :happydance:. However, I have loads of follies (19 on 1 side, 16 on the other) and the nurse said if they get over 20 eggs they may freeze everything which is not so yay. Has anyone else had loads of follies, but been allowed to proceed with a fresh cycle? My womb lining was 10.8mm, the nurse said it is thickening up nicely.

I hate that there are so many hurdles to overcome, the past few years ttc and then waiting for IVF seems to have taken soooo long, and I keep thinking even if it works I won't be able to relax as we have been further naturally, but that sadly ended at 7 weeks :( Sorry I need to buck up, am feeling quite sorry for myself today :nope:

Hi Harley - it is such a long journey for us all and none of us know what is going to happen. All you can do is look after yourself and try to stay positive. Its really good that you have all thse follies and if they all have to be frozen it is for a good reason. Better to wait a few months and use a frozen embyo when you are well and all those drugs are out of your system, than do it when you are at risk of OHSS and making yourself really ill. My friend's wife got OHSS and ended up in hospital for two weeks! Fingers crossed though that everything goes according to plan! :hugs:

Gemz - I wonder about how accurate this AMH thing really is I hear lots of stories of women with low AMH responding much better than they expected and Vice Versa! It does make me nervous about my treatment and i hope I get enough eggs! I'm in the nine range.

Harley- they said that to me as well when they booked my EC. I was like you - yay for lots of eggs and devastated they might not transfer. I think they are covering themselves as there is an increaeed chance of OHSS. They went ahead with my transfer and I was fine after EC although I was very achey before transfer. Good luck :)

Lovetoeatcake- don't get too hung up on AMH. It's a relatively new test and they don't understand it fully yet so it is just a guide. My AMH was 14, ladies on here have a really low AMH and got BFPs so don't stress over it. Xx

Hi everyone

lovetoeatcake- i have an amh of 4 and i always got at least nine eggs even on 3 vials of menopur so i am sure you will get plenty of eggs.

harley- You should be able to get some good embryos from all those eggs. Good luck on wed.

afm- feeling lots better, went back to work today which has taken my mind off things. can't feel anything and think my embies should be trying to implant now. I hope they are still okay in there. I am currently lying down while my pessaries absorb. I don't seem to be getting any symptoms from them this time even though i am on double dose so hope they are working okay x x x x

Harley as others said, its such a long journey. They were worried with me as I had a large proportion of follicles but in our case it didn't turn into lots of eggs. You'll be fine hun, stay strong your getting closer!

Cvaeh glad your feeling better. I'm keeping everything crossed for you x x

Lovetoeatcake as Lindy says, I don't put much stock in it. It's still newish and it seems to be a gauge to work out your stimming dosage. Thing is everyone responds differently and as we know it only takes one healthy egg to give you one embryo and your pregnant!

Afm went back for scan, I've still got a lot of fluid in my womb (not good). Antibiotics have been increased and still have to go again next week. Rather fed up at the minute. It's odd my life was relatively stress free until 22nd March last year when I had that HSG - straight away I got an infection due to the hospital and my body just seems to be having a hard time getting rid of it. This is the forth infection since this time last year! Ok can't be too grouchy given that its different this time, just really resentful at the moment an I don't know what I can do to shift it x x x

Thanks everyone. X
Cvaeh I'm glad you are feeling better and back at work. Keep thinking happy thoughts!
Gemz I'm not surprised you are fed up. Has the hospital been able to explain why this keeps happening?

Had a session of acupuncture today and literally AF arrived straight after. First time i have ever been happy to see her! I really believe acupuncture is a help and find it really relaxing. Would highly recommend. X

Lovetoeatcake- I had acupuncture to prepare for round 2. Didn't know what it was doing but I couldn't stay awake through it. Must have relaxed me!

I had Accupunture too - still having it as well! I'm going to a clinic in allerton - it's cheaper than the Hewitt centre and I've not found her as patronising! Lol! Really helped me to relax and chill!!

As for an answer they can't be sure. They've all agreeded that its the hospital squired infection I got last march that's caused the reoccurrence but until u have the laparoscopy they won't know for sure x x x

AFM- Well ladies, after 7 long mths, we got our appeal decision today, and we lost :( i am angry and upset but glad i went as far as i could go so i have no regrets and we are lucky my dad is helping with this cycle or we could of never managed to afford it. Praying its 3rd time lucky and trying to be positive xxx

AQ- it's a disgrace. Im stunned. Cannot put it into words. I'm just appalled.

Aq I've already said this but I'll say it again. Really think its disgraceful and was sure you'd win on appeal. I can only hope and pray you'll get your baby and this will just be a nightmare from your past

Stay positive, we're all routing for you x x x

AQ I'm sorry that you never got funding. You know my feelings on the NHS. Focus on your next cycle and be positive that it will work xxx

Africa- So sorry that it wasn't the right decision for you. You are so strong and i am sure it will be third time lucky x x x x

Africa I'm so sorry to hear you didn't win your appeal :hugs: I can't believe the decision, it's just so unfair after all you've been through. Like the others have said, stay strong and look towards your next cycle. This has to be your time xxxx

Completely & utterly shocked & stunned, it's just not fair. I'm sure it will be 3rd time lucky anyway but I'm here for anything you need in the future... Massive hugs :hugs:

xx

OMG!!! What the heck, I'm absolutely stunned I thought for sure they would say yes. I just cannot believe it, gutted for you xx

Well now at least you are going into the cycle knowing where you stand. Better now than during your cycle I guess. So now focus on getting even stronger and in a positive mind. We're all here for you.

Hi to all the other ladies and the newbies welcome to this lovely group. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->