IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

H guys, quick post from me. How I managed work today is beyond me. Determined not to be off work with this stupid sickness policy. Went to women's for ultrasound scan, and I've had what they think is a ruptured cyst - hence the intense pain I got in the middle of the night. Luckily they believed its detached itself from ovary before it ruptured! They don't think it should cause any further problems but I am on antibiotics, strong pain killers and have to go in again on Monday and the following Monday for more ultrasounds to monitor any changes. Bright news is I've been bumped up the queue on standby for cancellation as there is another cyst that could go the same way.

Never had cysts before and now I've had two of them right next to one another. F-ing typical - pardon my French! Thanks for the wishes everyone, sorry I'm doing a lack of personals but still in a bit of pain

X x x

Yay Cveah great news for you. Keep calm and everything crossed xx

AQ - surely with this wait it has to be good news I can't believe it won't be. At least if you get the funding this wont be the last cycle not that you will need it!!

Gemz - ouch!!!! Never heard of that before but silver lining about the lap an then you can get your frosties back.

Bugs - hope you are hanging in there xx

Hi to the rest of the gang.

Afm - not much job hunting to get money quick for fet plus focussed on needing to be earning enough to pay for a fresh cycle and if we don't end up needing it then we have it for the baby! Please god!!!!

Hi all - been a while since I posted and I am completely lost with where everyone is up to now

Caveh: Congrats on your embies FX for a BFP! x

Gems: sorry to hear you have been in all this pain hope you start feeling better

AQ: hope you get your funding letter tomorrow so you can move forward either way

MrsE: hope you find something soon x

Hi to everyone else

afm: had meds delivered today and to my suprise I am not on menopur this time Im going to be stimming on Merional - Iv never heard of it anyone had any experience? any different to menopur - If I dont over stimulate on it like I did with menopur I'll be happy

also is the IMSI machine at the Hewitt? anyone know the cost? completely forgot to ask about it

Hi melbram

i have never heard of that drug, i wonder if its a new version of menopur?

I will be glad to get to tomorrow to see if my embies have divided again. i hate the waiting x x x

MrsE- Thank you. I hope so too. I just don't see us winning this appeal though tbh. They made us wait 6wks last time just to say no. Glad your looking forward to your next cycle x

Melbram- Not heard of that brand but Mr K said to me that all stimming drugs do the same and that its just a different brand but same drugs so dont worry. As regards our appeal, we wont get a letter. It goes straight to our MP and then she will forward it to us so looking at knowing by end of next week but il be calling the MP's PA to ask for update on Monday just incase x

Cvaeh- Ah i know the waiting is awful but hopefully good news again tomorrow! x

Ladies, did anyone use the embryo glue? my friend just said she seen on the news its supposed to increase chances?? how much extra would we have to pay? x

AQ I may be wrong but I think it's included as part if ivf cost now, it became standard with nhs treatment just after our first cycle

Hi

Just had the call and it wasn't great news. our embryos have only made a little bit of progress and are not where they are supposed to be apart from one at 6 cells which is at the lower end. we are going in for transfer now but it doesn't sound good. It seems to be one step forward two steps back for us x x x

Oh Cvaeh.. :hugs: hoping that 6 cell is a little fighter for you :dust:
xx

Oh cvaeh fx this little cell 6 one is your fighter! Praying everything works x x x

Cvaeh- fingers crossed the 6 cell one is a little fighter and sticks! Thinking of you today.x
Gemz - Hope you are feeling better today.
AQ- fingers crossed you get your letter very soon. I have never heard of embryo glue, off to google it now though!
MRSE- hope you manage to get the money together that you need. when will you have your next cycle?
Melbram - I was sent Meronial as well. I just assumed it was like an own brand version??
What date do you start? I'm on day 6 of Buserelin and have my baseline scan on the 26th. Feeling a bit headachey today.

Cvaeh- This lil embie divided and you got to transfer which is a HUGE step from last time so i know its very hard but keep positive and try and enjoy this 2ww as its a special time that seldom comes for us. Praying this lil one is your fighter baby xxx

Well have had the 6 cell and 3 cell put back. I don't hold out too much hope but i have to give it the best chance and its the best chance we have ever had. The embryologist said we have a chance so i will take it x x x

6 cells on day 3 is fine Hun, it's probably progressed to 8 cells now it's back where it should be. Everything crossed for you xxxxx

Lovetoeatcake: I will start DR'g on Monday so not far behind you x

Caveah lots of baby dust comming your way x

Cvaeh - fingers and toes crossed for your little embies :thumbup:

Africa - Fingers and toes crossed for the decision :thumbup: It's rubbish that they have kept you waiting, it must be like torture. I don't understand why all ladies across the country don't have access to 3 cycles like the guidelines say, it's not fair

AFM - just had my day 9 of stimms scan, and we still have around 30 follies, but now around 10 are 12-14mm, loads are around 10mm and some are still tiny. The nurse said hopefully not all will start to grow. It looks like maybe Wed for EC, I hope so :thumbup:

Cvah- fingers crossed that this little embie keeps growing and sticks. Sometimes we get too much information and it makes us worry- who knows if a natural embie is sometimes a but sluggish dividing to start with. You have 2 lil embbies in there so lets keep everything crossed for them. Xxxxx

Cvaeh my embies were 6 and 7 cell on day three. Like bugs said its prob 8 cell by now. Stay strong and I've got everything crossed xx

I have my fingers crossed for you Cvaeh. Try and keep positive and don't give up hope. X

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your support. I am a bit more hopeful after reading some success stories but know realistically my chances are cut. i will never give up hope and i keep talking to little embies willing them to keep going.

harley- that is a lot of follicles and i am sure you will have some good eggs in there.

susiesue- thanks for giving me hope and it has certainly given me positive thoughts

x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->