IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Bugs I meant to add I'm a civil service gal as well so will be off Wednesday too!

It's a joke isn't it, they said at the last union meeting they wouldn't do full day strikes they would do walkouts for the odd hour here and there and the first one is a full day !!!

The menevit are pretty big I'm not sure what the Wellman tablets look like but there about the same size as my pregnacare if not a little bigger xx

How much do you pay for your acupuncture I used to go to a Zita West lady but at £45 per hour it's pretty steep but when I think about it the cycle I did when having it we had really good quality embies so considering starting it again xxx

What is imsi and eespa? Sorry I don't know!
My acupuncture man did packages for fertility. He is a zita west one and his wife has twins from ivf at HC. His practice it called oriental health for anybody interested. Xx

It does seem really real now,
Sorry I've not been on for a while I've just tried to take a step back, I know your all wonderful ladies but I feel as though you don't need me rubbing my pregnancy in your face? I've felt jelous of friends and family I know who could get pregnant 2-3-4 times.
Some of you are going through a bad time but I wish every bit of luck for you that these cycles are all going to work and we have a massive baby boom xxx

That's really considerate of you Jamie huge congratulations though you've reached a major milestone hope you have a lovely pregnancy. Try and enjoy coz you'll probably worry about every single thing xxx

Ahhhh I'm so worried about today, got our consultation after bloods etc and just scared they say something has changed and we are unable to carry on. I think I could say I'm petrified!!

Bugs- I know! What annoys me most is the amount of civil servants working overtime to make up the day's pay! Completely defeats the object of going on strike!Thanks for letting me know about the menevit. Pregnacare and wellman are the same size. Just relunctant to pay for them if he wont take them. Might as well wait and see how this cycle turns out first! With regards to acupuncture, at the Rodney Street clinic she charges £36 per session which is cheaper than what the same woman charges at the Hewitt. I dont undertsand the price difference? I wonder if the Hewitt take a cut?

Jamie- don't feel like you can't share your pregnancy with us. To me you are a success story and that gives me hope!

Lindy - Eeva? is an incubator that takes constant images of the embryos so they don't have to be moved to be checked. It can also predict which ones will make it to blasto and hopefully to babies! They have had lots of success with it. With regards to IMSI I'm less clear but i think it magnifies the sperm to help pick the best ones for ICSI?

Rachel - Try not to worry, everything will be fine. I had to repeat one of my bloods, which is why i was panicking and it all turned out fine. In fact I bet they go straight into asking you questions to begin treatment and your blood results are treated as an afterthought. Thats what happened with me!

Oh so eeva is the embryoscope. Dr Russell said they have had excellent results with that! Xxx

That's for reassuring me, I had to go back for a repeat test too! Is it just a chat that you have or is there examinations??

Hi Rachel from what I can remember its just a chat, they go through everything and ask a few lifestyle questions about alcohol etc. Try not to worry too much, its quite straightforward, hope it goes well.

Jamie big congrats on your scan :baby: Try and enjoy being pregnant, it's such a worrying time in some ways but also so special. Feel free to pm me anytime if you have any worries, I had them all!! :wacko:

Bugs :hugs: sorry you are having such a crap time xx

Cvaeh how's the 2ww going??

Hi to everyone else :flower:

Rachel -Was it for prolactin? That's what mine was. I was dead worried and the nurse was just like yer it came back fine. No examinations just lots of questions and going through your forms. Then she will tell you to call day 1 of your next cycle. Hope it goes well!

Hi ladies, just got out from EC. They collected 16, so am really pleased. Just got nail biting wait until tomorrow morning, keeping everything crossed we get some nice embies :)

Yes it was prolactin, so had to have a more in depth test! Well were here just waiting as abit early!! Bit keen hehe!!

Harley brilliant news!! Well done fx for an awesome fertilisation report!
Seems to be a lot going on, will update later! X x x

Harley- Wow 16 eggs is amazing! good luck for tomorrow's call x

Jamie- Don't be silly, we all love a success story as shows all this is for a reason! lol x

Bugs- Hope your ok x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- My biopsy results are clear which im very happy about so all systems go for next cycle! been a while since iv 'looked forward' to af! ha xxx

AQ- glad it was all good. When do you think you will be starting your next go? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->