IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hey ladies - quick question, has anyone every had trouble getting the last bit of buserlin out of its container? I did my injection yesterday and because there was only a bit left, the syringe keep filling with air rather than the medicine. took me ages to get the correct amount minus the air and i still think i injected a bit of air. Just wondered it there was a simple way of getting that last bit out?

Hey Hun, yeah I had a few problems. I did get another one thou, I think I've still got one unopened too!!

Hello Gals!!

Can't believe there's so much gone on since I last came on here.....

Firstly - Lindy congratulations on the birth of your baby boy, I'm sure your still on cloud nine xx I am!! xx

AQ - Sorry to hear about the appeal decision, It absolutely sucks :-( Wanted to say good luck with your up n coming treatment an will have my fingers an toes crossed for you xx

Bugs - I'm so sorry to hear about ur last cycle!! Big hugs xx

MrsE - hope your doing well? xx

Sorry for the lack of personals, so much happened n hard for me to digest!!

AFM - Our little one seems to have one problem after the other with feeding :-(
Hasn't latched properly on breast since day one then bad case of jaundice which we still have ongoing hospital visits. Finally decided to express two weeks ago but my milk Is non existent, turned to formula an now she's got cows milk allergy / lactose Intolerence.... Starting on pregestemil tomorrow so that should solve the problem, hopefully. Anyways enough about me, but just wanted to pop on an say that I haven't forgotten about you all... Time seems to just fly In a passing blur......xx

All the newbies, hello to you all :) Good luck with your cycles.. x

Wishing you all BFP for 2013 xxxx

Harley- WOW! that's a fab result so far! lots of luck for transfer x

loveto- No your not a bad person. Its only natural to think of statistics but they are across the board not within your office so breath easy ;) lol. Hope we get our BFPS round same time. As regards the last bit of meds, don't worry. You get what you need and you will have plenty in your system. I always had a tiny bit left x

Sharkey- Lovely to hear from you! glad your ok and your lil lady is doing well. Hope the milk issue works out x

Hi all

Harley - great result! I can only dream of such a report. You will have a baba in that lot no problems!

Sorry for the lack of personals I can't keep up with everyone!!! My OH had an op this week so been nursing him and you know what men are like when sick!! Anyway nothing much else to report from my side.

Bugs - hopefully you can get some closure soon lovely and then get cracking on your next cycle!

Good luck to all of us this year!!! Xxxx

Ho Gemz tbh the women's EPU have been great, they offered me medical management but it can take a while and I think we've been through enough so that's why we went for surgery. They could have done it Friday but I have the funeral. On a positive note supposed to be on strike next Wednesday but after my D&C think I'll need a few days off to recover so no loss of a days pay for me.

I forgot to say I had my follow up yesterday he did mention donor eggs due to the amount of immature eggs but we have decided to give my own eggs one last go. He said he has no problem with that so he has prescribed melatonin to take the month before which may help my egg quality and he wants me to have the endometrial scratch done. Other than that everything else will be the same. I might have said it before but if anyone has male factor I cannot recommend menevit enough it's £60 for 3 months supply but the difference it has made to OH is amazing. Baring in mind he is 50 his morphology was over 90% and motility was excellent so definitely worth a try I would even use it if no male factor as full of other vitamins so it will definitely only help xxxx

Where do you buy your Menevit from Bugs?

AQ: roll on AF so you can get going again

Sharkey: glad your well sorry to hear you are having trouble with feeding fx she settles on somethings x

Harley: congrats on your embies x good luck with transfer

afm: no side effects on DR although I think the skin on my belly has got tougher from the last time (if that's possible lol)- needles dont want to go in which results in bruising. Baseline on the 27th March then hopefully on to stimms x

Hi everyone

Well i am 8dp3dt and feel a wreck physically and emotionally. Over the last two days i have developed the worst acne ever and am sure af is on her wicked way as have a mixture of period pains and sharp shooting pains in my uterus. It doesn't help that i have the cold that has been going round my class. I am going to test Wednesday night if she hasn't shown x x x

I get it from an Australian online pharmacy called cincotta if you google it you'll find it. I've ordered twice and not had any problems xxx

Melbram- Glad you have no side effects and hope you will soon be stimming x

Cvaeh- Ah god i really feel it for you. I know how awful the 2ww is and even more so after multiple failed cycles. I have everything crossed for you and i am not overtly religious but you will be in my prayers. Not long now. Stay strong x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Cvaeh the sharp shooting pain is a really good sign it's the one thing I really noticed this time which I haven't had in the past. Fingers crossed it's implantation xxx

I know i'm being a drama queen, but, are you usually in pain a few days after egg retrieval? Mine was on Thursday, and I still feel rather sore. I'm sure it's not ohss as I don't have any symptoms, just a sore tummy. Did anyone else feel like that, or am I just particularly wussy? :blush:

Harley I've always been ok after egg collection but my friend was pretty sore but she was ok by the time she had transfer. It could be just your ovaries getting back to normal xxx

AFM- We had our joint consultation today with Mr K and have everything set up to start our 3rd cycle on next AF which should be around 30th of this month :) this time around we are doing the short cetrotide protocol again but il be on 8 amps of stimms which is 2 more amps than last cycle and we will be doing ICSI. Also Mr K said he will definitely be transferring 2 embryos if we are lucky enough to get at least 2 this time around as we only ever got 1 embie with each of our previous cycles. Also the clinic now uses embryo glue with every cycle so we will be using that. Appt was very positive and lots of different things about this cycle so feeling very optimistic and even a little excited! hehe xxx

AQ that's fantastic news about your appt. I agree it feels so positive this time, I can't wait for you to start!!! I have just seen 2 magpies on my way home and straight away I thought of Gemz post the other day, then I read your post so defiantly a lucky sign!! Xx

Cvaeh how's things today? What your are feeling is completely normal, the 2ww is so tough! When is your otd? Thinking of you x

Harley good luck for your transfer x

Sharkey good to hear from you. I'm sure your story gives lots of hope to everyone that miracles can happen. Hope your lo settles soon on her milk x

Hi to everyone else :) I have been reading everyday but I'm always on my phone so its hard to remember everything!

Africa- That sounds very positive. i am sure this will be your lucky cycle.

afm- Have still been having period pains and have been having awful night sweats. Have been constipated up until yesterday and then was loose, now back to constipated. Feel very bloated like af is coming. Test day is Thursday but am going to test Wednesday night as don't want to test just before work. I am still hoping and praying x x x

Susie- Ooh im liking this magpie thing! twice in a wk! fingers crossed its a sign :) x

Cvaeh- I can understand you not wanting to poas before work and im sure 1 night early will bring you a true result and i hope an pray its a BFP. Rooting for you so much x

AQ fantastic news! Super pleased for you - bet you can't wait now! Now long till you start the rollercoster again

Susie, glad to see you! Your little one has been a little fighter from day one, so I'm sure all will be well soon x x

Cvaeh I'm keeping everything crossed and praying that this is your time x x

Harley I was uncomfortable for a few days, had terrible pains especially before and after going the loo your not alone x x x

Bugs how you feeling now? X x x

Hi to the rest of the gang x x

Afm I've had a pretty good weekend. I had my baby sisters this weekend, ones 3 and the others a dreaded teenager. It's hard sometimes as the youngest one is young enough to be my daughter, but we had great fun. And I'm rather ashamed to admit it went to a one direction concert on Saturday with the teenager, and did act as if I was 17 again! :)

My scan today went well, so they won't rush my lap through unless they get a cancellation. The fluid has practically disappeared so my lap is in 47 days and counting, and I see Dr K in a fortnight to discuss next round of IVF. Feels slightly more positive now x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->