IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

SP again with max stimms and cetrotide as we had better amount of eggs last time with this protocol and also we will be having ICSI for 1st time so hope that does it xxx

Well we've been all ok to go ahead but first have to see heamatology as I have Leiden factor v and he wants to be cautious. Wish this was looked at when we first got referred rather than 3 months after, but suppose we are nearly there.

Rachel- We were delayed by 3mths with our 1st cycle due to me not being immune to Rubella. I had the MMR jabs and then all systems go so it will come around quickly. Not long to wait now xxx

Rachel, don't worry it's just a short delay. You'll be starting before you know it. In these months you can do everything to help you body to prepare for a pregnancy so look at it as a time to get you physically and mentaly prepared! In three months, I should be starting too using my frozen embryo so we can be buddies!

AQ I'm being thick now what's mf? Super glad the biopsy was normal!

Jamie, don't worry about it. We're all pleased that you've got your BFP and its a great success story! Your scan picture is awesome I'm super pleased for you x x

Lovetoeatcake that's odd, the embryoscope and eeva are different I believe. Embryoscope is what we used and it lets the embryos stay in one place and be continually monitored without taking them out. Eeva is similar but picks the best embryo rather than the embryosogist. It uses data based on previous uses by others to recommend the best embryo, at least that's what I was told. I'd be tempted to use eeva next time, but the USB stick we got with the embryoscope was awesome even though our first cycle didn't work.

Hi to the rest of the gang x x

Well there seems to be a lot of public sector workers on here doesn't there. I work in the NHS so I get to see all the joys of commissioning which at least means I understand it really well. I'm not on strike - in unison and we haven't been balloted although I'd definitely vote to go on strike as I see what all these top down changes are doing to our NHS!

Long post for me, nothing to report from my end - still counting down! Only 47 days to go now x x x

Hi everyone

Gosh it is very busy on here at the moment.

16 is a great number of eggs i am sure you will get plenty of embryos from that. Good luck.

Africa- good news you are starting soon.

Hi to everyone else.

afm- Have been feeling really negative today. Really don't think it has worked as have no symptoms at all. Both me and dh have come out in an awful cold. Think the stresses of the last few weeks have caught up with us. I just can't believe that we would get a bfp with only a little 6 cell embie. x x x x

AQ that's great news that your results were clear onward and upward as they say.

Harley that's a great collection hopefully some frosties out of that little lot.

Rachel I have factor v Leiden and the only difference is they prescribe a clexane injection for the 2ww which you continue if pregnant and asprin. The clexane injection stings like a mother f&@?#* because it comes in a pre filled syringe with a spring release safety cap and the needles are pretty blunt so you get a nice green/purple stomach.

Hope everyone else is well xxxx

Cvaeh- You are bound to have bad days but you have come this far and please stop focusing on the embie being 6 cells as it would of been 8 within hours of transfer all being well. Just a little behind. You have as much chance as anyone else right now. Focus on that. I know its so, so hard. If you need to talk, pm me on fb xxx

Cvaeh totally agree with AQ, sometimes we have too much knowledge - try and stay positive hun,you've got a great chance big hugs x x

AQ - obviously lol! Such an idiot!

Thanks bugs, did they make you go to see the heamatoligist?? He dictated a letter to them while we were there. Thanks for the needle update sounds lovely!!

No I was only diagnosed when I had immune tests done last year so haven't had to see anyone. I would assume that when I do eventually get pregnant it will be consultant based care xx

Gemz - Yer i think Eeva makes the decision rather than the embryologist.

AQ - That great news that everything is ok for you to start. They probably refused ICSI last time because you were NHS funded. Now you are paying for it, its not such a problem! Hope the time between now and AF is quick! As you are on SP does that mean you start stimming straight away? We could be stimming together as my baseline scan is the 26th!

Cvaeh - as everyone else has said please try and stay positive, there are success stories out there!

Rachel - sorry you can't start immediately but fingers crossed it is sorted quickly. x

Cvah- it's so difficult waiting and wondering. Keep positive. Like AQ said it could be the difference between a morning or afternoon appointment if it is 6 or 8 cell. When do you test? Xxxx

Loveto- Yep your prob right there! bloody tight NHS where IVF is concerned. I do feel so much more positive about this cycle as i am sure ICSI will help fertilization rates. Well im hoping so anyway. Yes on SP i start stimms on cd3 so if AF shows on time, it would be around the 2nd April that i start stimming :) are you excited to get going? ooh we might be due around the same time! PMA all the way xxx

Hi ladies, just had the call from the embryologist, 11 of the 16 fertilised. We are aiming for a 5 day transfer on tue, so long as they look ok when they are next checked on Sunday :)

Ooh Harley that's great news!

AQ - yes excited but got to have my baseline scan first. Trying to take the advice I was given on here (I forget who) of just taking one step at a time! It would be really lovely if we both got our BFP'S! I get scared thinking about it though in case I am disappointed!

There is a guy who sits behind me in work and him and his wife are going through IVF. He is the one I bumped into at PIE! Anyway they are weeks ahead and had their transfer last Saturday. I feel really torn, I want it to work for them, but at the same time I can't help thinking what are the odds of it working first time for two people who sit next to each other? Which then makes me think I hope it doesn't work. I feel like a really terrible person!

Harley- fabulous news. Hopefully get to Tuesday and possibly freeze a couple :)

Loveto- you aren't being horrible. Wanting a baby and wanting ivf to work has you looking at signs symptoms statistics everything to give you more hope. Hopefully it works for you both because I'm praying the women's has a bumper year of BFPs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->