IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Glad appointments went well Likkle and AQ.

AQ- keep that pma. You are starting soooo soon briskly excited for you. Xxxx

Hugs to all xx

Yay AQ sounds good. Got everything crossed xx

Cveah - not long now until test date. Lots of people say they felt like AF was coming and then get BFP! So don't give up xxx

Harley - my first time I was worried about a day 3 transfer cos I was still all bloated but luckily we got to day 5 so it wasn't a problem by then. So good luck xx

Hi to all the other ladies xx

Cveah - everything crossed for your test :)

Gemz - great news, bet u can't wait to start :)

Africa - woohoo for starting at the end of the month, third time lucky. You so deserve your happy ever after :)

Afm we had our transfer today. We have been really lucky so far: We had 2 top quality blastos, and they transferred 1, froze 1. We also have an additional 5 that they are unsure of quality, so they are leaving them overnight and if any are ok they can be frozen too. So for now am pupo, and after all the scans, injections etc I feel a bit adrift knowing there is nothing but waiting (am not a very patient person at all!).

Big hugs to all xxx

Cvaeh - thinking of you and have my fingers crossed you get a BFP!
AQ - time will fly between now and the end of the month, only just over a week to go really!
Harley - Sounds like everything has gone like clockwork for you, fingers crossed that continues with a lovely BFP!!
AFM - Not much to report really. Still downregging, can't even remember what day it is but my baseline scan is the 26th so fingers crossed that goes well and i can start stimming. No real side effects to report apart from the odd headache and feeling not quite with it. Starting to get sick of jabbing now and i have a bit of bruise starting to appear.

Happy Strike today tomorrow, for the civil servants amongst us!

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all ok. x

Lovetoeatcake the bruise will be worth it in the end! Wishes I was on strike tomorrow but our union didn't ballot,

Cvaeh will be checking tomorrow, fx its your BFP!

Harley- Congrats on being pupo! such a special but nerve wrecking time! i remember feeling odd after transfer as that's it then with regards to appts and jabs etc an i felt lost both cycle but enjoy every minute of this time as its a lovely 'bubble' to be in and i didnt appreciate how much so really x

Lovetoeatcake- Glad your finding DR ok and lots of luck for the 26th x

Cvaeh- EVERYTHING crossed for you for tomorrow! hope an pray its wonderful news x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- We will get invoice for prescription tomorrow so feeling nervous as we were originally quoted for 6 amps per day and il be on 8 per day so gonna be a big bill but has to be done eh xxx

AQ- it will be worth it cxxx baby dust xxxx

Harley- baby dust

AQ - it still shocks me how expensive the drugs are. For those tiny little vials of liquid! Hope it's not too much more!

Well I spoke a bit too soon yesterday, despite the temp outside I feel like someone has turned the temperature up in my body about twenty degrees! Lol

AQ definitely shop around for your drugs. The prices of Menopur varies massively. We used central homecare and Menopur was £13.65 per vial and I'm sure the script that the clinic give us it was nearly £18 xxx

Congrats Harley on being pupo, As AQ said try and enjoy it as it is quite stressful.

AFM I had my D&C at the women's on Monday it all went fine so we can finally move on. I've arranged some counselling so I've got my 1st session next week I'm finding myself becoming very bitter and I don't want to be that way but I suppose after 3 losses it's going to come out in someway. Just want to get myself right before we go again. I might take a break from here so if you don't see me as much of course I'll pop in and check on everyone but think I need some time off xxxx

Hi all.

I am attending the open evening at Liverpool womens hospital this evening and im just wondering how lo g will it take for the ball to start rolling with ivf? Ive been told i will have my first appointment a couple of weeks after open eve by a friend but checking with u gals?

Thanks

Bugs- Fully understand you needing some time out and im glad you now have some closure, but im so sorry you had to go through this after so many cycles. Life sucks but never lose hope x

Cvaeh- Any news?? thinking of you lots x

clarkea - Hi and welcome to the thread :) i have had 2 NHS cycles and we start our 3rd cycle end of the mth which is now costing us a LOT. lol. When you go to PIE you get all the consent forms etc and forms for bloods for u an your partner and once they are done an results in you get a joint consultation appt around 2wks later providing all is fine with results. I was not immune to german measles so i had to have a course of MMR jabs and then we were able to start once i was immune, so as long as results are all ok, things go quite fast after PIE. Good luck x

OMG girls i have had the day from hell! found out this morning our insurance company won't cover us for the joy rider that wrote our car off last week and the police have closed the case due to lack of evidence so we are without a car now and no way of affording one. Then i got the invoice for IVF/ICSI which was £4000 so called to pay that and then they tell me that the drugs are a whooping £1550!!!! cannot believe it! we were working on around £1200 so dont have enough money now. Had to go cap in hand to my poor dad once again for the extra :( he has no savings at all now and is having to cut back on everything which makes me feel so awful! dh is as useful as a chocolate teapot and just sits there with his head in the clouds whilst im running myself into the ground with stress over trying to get the money together. He is f**k all support tbh and never has been. Its a good job i have my dad and you girls to talk to. Obviously he wants end result=baby, but he couldnt care less how we get the money(me taking hand outs from my dad) or all the stress of the cycle and he didnt with previous 2 cycles but at least then we didnt have this financial strain. Ah geez i need a break. Stressed to bits. Sorry for moaning. Just so bloody fed up today xxx

Hi Clarke - welcome to the site. AQ has pretty much filled you in but good luck with it all.

AQ- that's shitty! So unfair with the joy rider. Your dad sounds an amazing man, hopefully he will be an amazing grandad soon :) As for dh- rant as much as you need. Men have this ivf stuff so easy! Remember dh "needing a break" from doing the injections etc because it was getting too much.... like we can get a break!!! You know where I am if you need me xx

Harley - congrats on PUPO.

Cveah - thinking of you and got everything crossed for you xx

AQ - insurance companies are the pits!!! Why won't they cover you were keys left in it or something? Regarding drugs - definately call a few places but to be honest my last cycle the drugs were about the same but I was on menopur pens which are expensive. Worthwhile checking cos you can save ££. Good luck. Bless your dad that's sooo sweet.

Afm - I have been weighing up if to do my frozen cycle this month given that any transfer wouldn't be until May but think I will give myself another month to get fitter, money together and hopefully a new job. Ive got an interview on Monday been advised that I could be there 3 hours. No idea what the heck they are going to do with me all that time so fingers crossed!

Thanks Lindy and yeah some men are utter crap at dealing with anything in this life and sadly im married to one of them! it just gets me down how i have to get through all this on my own when it should be a couples thing. Its like im a single woman having this treatment and that sucks. He needs to grow up ffs!! thank god for my dad or i would have nobody outside of this forum to talk to about it all really. Starting to get really fed up xxx

Aq I've messages you already but sending massive hugs. Try not to let all this rubbish distract you at the moment - easier said than done x x x

Cvaeh, I hope no news on here is good news! Keeping everything crossed x x x

Bugs, its alright to feel bitter, but I'm glad your getting the help you need. I'm seeing a counsellor in town - independent of the women's and I'm really starting to see the positive results. It was tough going the first 8 weeks but now hubby informs me I'm like the old me again - so if it helps definitely do it

Mrse good luck, I'm interviewing people on Monday! How odd! Ours arn't that long though, they've got to do presentations etc.

Clarkea welcome to the thread. Your wait depends on a number of things, but it goes quite quickly - you'll be really surprised. What's your story so far?

Afm not to much report on this end I'm afraid. Just busy with work and coping with everything else. Still counting down to laparoscopy but I see dr k within a fortnight now so hopefully will get our start date for our frozen ones!

AQ did you get the reg of the joy riders car coz it will be their insurance that you would claim from totally ridiculous that you have been left with no car !!

I hear ya over the price of meds, I managed to stockpile enough gestone and clexane from when I was pregnant to use on my next cycle so that will defo bring the cost down by a couple of hundred quid xxx

MrsE- Thank you. Cross posted there so missed it sorry. Good luck for your FET and your interview x

Gemz- Thanks hun. Getting closer for you now x

Bugs- Yes the prices are awful! tbh i am going to see my gp tomorrow to see if he can help somehow with cost as it is so unfair to be taking so much off my dad when he is a pensioner x

Well iv just called 'healthcare at home' and they said send them the script for a quote via email. I have not paid for any drugs as yet, and have paid in full for ICSI so can i still try and source drugs elsewhere or am i tied to pharmasure now the hewitt have said they are sending them my script?? xxx

Mrse- a month will fly by. I think best to get yourself 100% to give it the best go you can xx

AQ- maybe we could organise a coffee for everybody one day during the week (or weekend but I struggle of a weekend) The more people around to lean on through a cycle the better. I can manage most week days with notice but would have to be late morning onwards because I struggle getting everything together and Thomas ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->