IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Thanks Susie & excited... I don't really have an option now as I only work with 5 people and 2 of them will be off during August when I hope to be going through the process. So I've told my boss and I've 2 days off for EC and 3 days off for ET, hoping that it falls near the weekend so I have longer to relax. But I have no idea when my cycle will start as it could 26 - 40 days, so I've had to take the least amount of time on estimated days. It's a real nightmare!

FX it stays like that excited... but sounds really promising! I'm excited for you excited XXX

Silver - i was NHS funded and didn't have to pay for the extra one. It was just the dose they put me on.

Thanks Janey. I've had a bit more and it was a bit darker... I just want it to stop as its making me extremely anxious...

Silver I didn't have to fund it neither, as I was on 2 then increased to 5 and it was all part of the same treatment

Janey I went to work, whilst I struggled to concentrate I felt it was better as I was driving myself insane

Afm had a bad day, on phone so can't chat properly lets just say building work and husbands don't go together!!! Argh!!!

Tooexcited sorry just seen your post. Try not to worry too much. It may be implantation bleeding, if it puts you at rest my mum didn't realise she was pregnant with me as she still had a 'period' until 3 months with me.

Big hugs x x x

Too excited- Could be a good sign :) the 2ww is a nightmare but almost there x

Lmh- Those follies sound great. Lets hope they contain some healthy eggs and you get some good quality embies x

Rachel- I was on 3 amps 1st cycle, 6 amps the 2nd, both NHS cycles and 6 amps is max for NHS cycles. This was due to my AMH being 2.5 which is super low. On our 3rd cycle as we were private i was put on 8 amps daily but still never made a difference sadly x

Hi to Janey, Lisa, Susie, Gemz, Lindy, Jo and all the gang xxx

Hi girls, it's the day of my sickness hearing today! Only 30 mins to go! Getting a bit scared now! :s

Wish me luck, will know by lunch x c x

Hope all you ladies are ok

What determines if you can use the embryoscope?? Is it an additional fee if you are on nhs? We've not been told about it as of yet but saw the slide show playing when we were there on Tuesday!

Hi guys. Not posted on here for a while. Started my stimms few days ago. My next scan is monday and all being well ec on wed24th. So excited and scared. Hope ur all doing well x

Good luck Gemz... let us know how you get on?!

Rachel - Have you had your PIE or consultation? Sorry not sure what stage you're at! You used to have to pay for it think about £700 but from mid April ish, they made it available for all for free (if there is space in the incubators). From my understanding there are 2 techniques EEVA and embryoscope. I would Google it as there are lots of news stories. Gemz put a link on here the other day saying that in Liverpool success rates had flourished because of the new technology.

Good luck clarkea

Excited - how are you? staying positive I hope, still got my FX for you hun XXX

We started stimming yesterday so the next stage is egg collection!!
Just wondered how you qualify n if it would be an option for us xx

Good luck for your hearing Gemz, give them both barrels! x

What?? How can they do that? Do they know the sickness was pregnancy related?? x

Hi Lisa, sickness was two weeks off for my lap, not pregnacy related, so apparently they can! Was proper fuming as manager told hr im pregnant despite this being 'confidential'

Dead upset, if I wasn't pregnant I'd be looking for another job x x x

Ahh gemz what w****rs!
So what happens now?
Also your manager shouldn't of told hr,
My friend told her manager that she was pregnant and the next day she went into work and everyone was congratulating her, she was fuming and complained and her manager said, oh everyone's just happy for you! The cheek!
Hope your ok xx

Thanks girls

Apparently I can't appeal its final. I can raise a grievance over the fact that hr now know, but can't really raise a grievance over the way I've been dealt with. They've followed their policies, the fact that they haven't with someone else is tough luck.

I can't be bothered really - what's the point? Do I need the stress? No definitely not so I might as well leave it. Any sickness I have between now and end of year goes down as pregnacy related and can't be counted, and ill be off the formal warning in June next year, when I'm on mat leave so I'm ok.

Had a chat with hubby, and the reality is Ill be going part time afterwards. Ive nearly finished my phd so ill be concentrating on that after baby's been born (having a year off cleared it with my supervisor) and hopefully ill be a Dr of politics within the next three years. By which point I want to teach in a university so this job is just a stepping stone. I'm not letting them get me upset anymore, all they've done is to penalise a member of staff who always did stuff above my job description - well not any more!

Scans on Monday, so ill be letting everyone know I'm pregnant and to be honest I'm tempted just to have some sick days now to spite them!

That's a good attitude you have there Gemz & do you know what... I'd take the whole time off with stress lol (or at least as long as you get sick pay for)

When are you planning on going on mat leave? If you have sickness after 36 weeks they can make you start it then but not before.

& also we get plenty of people in our work who claim sickness at the end of their mat leave too & get another 6 months full pay lol!

If you really aren't happy there & don't plan on staying then I'd just look out for yourself from now on. Make sure you go to as many anti natal classes as you can too :thumbup:

x

Oh I am Lisa! I've got my scan on Monday, and afterwards I'm going the dentist so finishing early and they can't stop me. I've got loads of time off next week with appointments, seeing dr Kingsland for my follow up and a doctor Roberts for our maternity care.

I'm going to have some time off, I've been feeling a bit sick still in morning due to ms, and struggled in - well no more! And I've turned round and said I want my job description. Got it and then said well here's all the work I'm doing that isn't in my job description or pay band so here you go! They've been flapping all afternoon and I've sat there with a smile on my face!

I'm planning on working till 35/36 weeks so would finish at the beginning of January, which would give me a month to get ready. The sad thing is I do really like my job, I love helping the nurses manage their time better and plan better so they can spend more time with their patients rather than doing paperwork etc but its just the attitude of the organisation at the moment makes me just want to scream! Oddly I was applying for new jobs before op, but only stopped when I found out I was pregnant. I even got a job offer but turned it down when I found out I was pregnant as I don't want the stress.

I'm just going to take it easy and try not to get wound up. How's you anyway Lisa? When do you go back?

Jamie's, I've just noticed only 100 days to go... Woo hoo!

Likkle- take as much time off sick as you can. Book antenatal classes as much as you can (local HV clinics do all sorts) Milk it and don't forget your holidays accrue still and accrue while on mat leave. You also can claim bank holidays as extra days leave because you missed out. Xx

Ah I'm good thanks Gemz, these last 9 months have just flown. I'm actually back at work now but taking holidays until 2nd September.

She'll be 11 months when I go back. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time haha :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->