IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Wow, a weekend away from ipad results in lots going on!

Lmh, hope you've enjoyed your needle free day, and good luck for ec tomorrow

Michelle the needles arn't as bad as they seem. I didn't like doing them to myself, but my hubby did them for me. As long as you switch where you jab you won't really bruise. I had a rather lovely purple one on my stomach!

Susiesue, I plan on going back to work 3 days too. I'm hoping to have my phd finished by the time our baby's ready to start school so that way I won't miss as much as I would do in my current job/role. I have no idea what the difference in scans is :s glad your well, and I know fm friends its so hard leaving your lo's at home whilst you go to work. I'm sure ill be the same.

Bugs lovely to hear from you! I'm terribly sorry to hear your news, I really don't know what to say. It's just not fair that you can't catch a break. I hope and pray that your time will come soon, sending lots of big hugs x x x

Cvaeh, hope your doing well. Wishing you all the best for your current attempt at IVF, and hopefully this time itsy your time.

Whilst I haven't got pcos, the best advice I can give you girls about to start your first attempt at IVF is don't stress over every little thing, things never go to plan on your first attempt - drug dosages will be changed, ec can be delayed, and et can move from 2,3 or 5 days at the drop of a hat, likewise its not the end of thte world if you find out not all of your embryos are able to be frozen - although at the time it does feel like it!The drugs will make you go crazy, it's ok if you have mood swings and your partner will probably be walking on a tightrope during the whole process. Most importantly its ok to cry, get excited and just to enjoy the process as best you can. Hope this helps janey, clarkea and Michelle. Obviously this is just my experience!

Toexcited, hope your ok? Sending big hugs x x

Love to Lindy, Lisa, AQ, Jamie, Harley, Mrse and anyone I've missed.

Afm, I've got my dating scan tomorrow. Rather excited but really scare. Oh does anyone know if I'm ok to have leg and bikini wax? Think I've asked before but can't remember, I've booked one in on Tuesday - literally like Mrs Doubtfire at the moment!

With work, I've just decided to ignore it all. I'm not going to try and arrange appointments outside of work, ill go with what I'm told. I've even asked for my official job description, I'm going on a work to rule - if its not in my job description I'm just not doing it! Fr far too long I've worked over my jd, my pay band etc well no more. They won't give me some leeway with their policies, well don't expect me to give any leeway on what I should be doing. Thanks for all the support thou, means a lot

Night all x x x

Gemz they won't know what's hit them :)
Do your job and only your job!
As for the waxes I know people who have had them done but I don't think I could personally. I don't know whether its the pain or the fact someone has to see my nuni x

Bugs- so sorry to hear your news. I have been there so many times and know how awful it is to hear that none made it. Is there any possibility that you may get a late fertiliser? They tried to tell us we just were not compatible once but i just can't believe that. You seemed to have lots of eggs collected, could this have compromised their quality? What dosage were you on?
I am due to start stimming next weekend and am totally petrified.
Take care x x

In the previous 6 cycles we've always transferred 2 of good quality except for the last cycle when I was on maximum stimms of 6 amps and I believed then the quality was compromised but coz I got pregnant they thought it was the immune stuff causing the miscarriage. So I was put on 6 amps again this cycle so I definitely think this affecting quality. I have a pretty low AMH of 7 ish but it's not on the floor so I don't think I would say I'm a poor responder but I'm being treated as one.

I didn't go through 6 cycles to be hit with this and as you know no tubes means no surprises !!!

I can only say take each step as it comes clarkea.
In my own opinion try not to err what's the word, obsess?
I tried to go into this a little researched but I only really knew what my nurses or consultants told me, I came on this forum to ask all the ladies questions I needed to know, but stay away from google, it's evil!

Some people like to try and do everything they can to help have a positive outcome, like eating certain foods, taking certain tablets/vitamins, some old wives tales.
It's completely up to you what you chose to believe will help but I went into it just wanting to be healthy, I quit caffeine, smoking and drinking... Easy said than done I quit new year and started my drugs mid January. But since I got the bfp I haven't missed them really. My oh quit energy drinks, he is a red bull freak.
That is the only thing I changed about my daily routine, apart from the centrum multi vitamin I took.

I got so hormonal and whingey, throughout the treatment and every ache and pain I thought the worst so just try to stay positive throughout, it's harder to do than what you think.
What stage of treatment are you at? Xx

Thats good to know. I havent been changing or taking anything other then folic acid. I cut down on caffine i maybe have 3 cups of tea a day. I quit smoking and drinking before injections started. So i think im doing all i can really.
We already have sperm frozen as its male factor why were having ivf.
Just having another scan today and hopefully ec this week. On day 9 of stimms.
Yeah ive been staying away from google lol. I uses to look everything up but it kept telling me i was dying lol so i tend not to look any more ha ha.

Bugs, i am so sorry. This must be so hard for u right now. Thinking of u.

Michelle the needles arn't as bad as they seem. I didn't like doing them to myself, but my hubby did them for me. As long as you switch where you jab you won't really bruise. I had a rather lovely purple one on my stomach!

Susiesue, I plan on going back to work 3 days too. I'm hoping to have my phd finished by the time our baby's ready to start school so that way I won't miss as much as I would do in my current job/role. I have no idea what the difference in scans is :s glad your well, and I know fm friends its so hard leaving your lo's at home whilst you go to work. I'm sure ill be the same.

Bugs lovely to hear from you! I'm terribly sorry to hear your news, I really don't know what to say. It's just not fair that you can't catch a break. I hope and pray that your time will come soon, sending lots of big hugs x x x

Cvaeh, hope your doing well. Wishing you all the best for your current attempt at IVF, and hopefully this time itsy your time.

Whilst I haven't got pcos, the best advice I can give you girls about to start your first attempt at IVF is don't stress over every little thing, things never go to plan on your first attempt - drug dosages will be changed, ec can be delayed, and et can move from 2,3 or 5 days at the drop of a hat, likewise its not the end of thte world if you find out not all of your embryos are able to be frozen - although at the time it does feel like it!The drugs will make you go crazy, it's ok if you have mood swings and your partner will probably be walking on a tightrope during the whole process. Most importantly its ok to cry, get excited and just to enjoy the process as best you can. Hope this helps janey, clarkea and Michelle. Obviously this is just my experience!

Afm, I've got my dating scan tomorrow. Rather excited but really scare. Oh does anyone know if I'm ok to have leg and bikini wax? Think I've asked before but can't remember, I've booked one in on Tuesday - literally like Mrs Doubtfire at the moment!

With work, I've just decided to ignore it all. I'm not going to try and arrange appointments outside of work, ill go with what I'm told. I've even asked for my official job description, I'm going on a work to rule - if its not in my job description I'm just not doing it! Fr far too long I've worked over my jd, my pay band etc well no more. They won't give me some leeway with their policies, well don't expect me to give any leeway on what I should be doing. Thanks for all the support thou, means a lot

Night all x x x

Thanks for the advise likklegemz. Its a rollercoaster of emotions isnt it. Keep crying over silly things ha ha

We had sperm frozen too as ours was male factor, I was on long protocol though,
On the day of egg collection my oh did a fresh sample though so we had a full fresh cycle, just be aware this could happen to you to.

Don't worry about whingeing it's all I done xx

Hi girls just a catch up from me so I had my egg collection yesterday and got 17 eggs. As per usual they couldn't all be used as lots were immature so they injected 7. Got the dreaded phone call today zero fertilisation.

WTF talk about 10 steps back I am so angry right now I've had 6 full cycles and always made it with 2 to transfer and now they're telling me that me and my OH are that incompatible within the space of 3 months.

Absolutely devastated right now and really don't know what to do next !!!!

so sorry bugs :( :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: xxxx

Night all x x x

Good luck with your scan :) x

Good luck with your scan today gemz :)

And good luck with your ec lmh hope your feeling ok and get loads of eggs xxx

Hi ladies

Hope you are all ok.

I have been off the boards for a while as you may have noticed. OTD was last friday and it was a BFN... Will be having a break from the boards for a while whilst DH and I lick our wounds and see what we do next. Can't see consultant until early September so we won't be doing anything any time soon!

Thank you for all your support through this process. I can't believe how much of a roller coaster it has been. If I wasn't so determined to have a child I would say never again... xx

Hi ladies

Hope you are all ok.

I have been off the boards for a while as you may have noticed. OTD was last friday and it was a BFN... Will be having a break from the boards for a while whilst DH and I lick our wounds and see what we do next. Can't see consultant until early September so we won't be doing anything any time soon!

Thank you for all your support through this process. I can't believe how much of a roller coaster it has been. If I wasn't so determined to have a child I would say never again... xx

So sorry hun :( :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: xxxx

Wow I got 19 eggs !!!!
Little concerned about hyper ovarian stimulation but said they think I'll be fine
Going home now for a lil snooze x

Well done Lmh!!
Bet your getting super excited now!!

Did u do anything to stimulate growth?? Hot water bottle or anything?? I have my fingers firmly crossed for you!! Xxx

Well done Lmh!!
Bet your getting super excited now!!

Did u do anything to stimulate growth?? Hot water bottle or anything?? I have my fingers firmly crossed for you!! Xxx

No never did anything just completely cut out coffee & not drank since April

Lmh that's super news, fx for an awesome fertilisation report tomorrow. Brilliant news.

HC my scan today, and can confirm that everything's great! Baby's measuring slightly ahead (hubby jokes that he/she will be an over achiever!) can't belIeve how lucky we are. Have finally announced it on Facebook to all our friends, saying royal baby mines more important! Hehe!

Love to all, quick comment and dash as hubby's takings out for dinner to celebrate x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->