IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

& :hugs: AQ. I really hope you get your little miracle one day soon :thumbup:

Gemz - I developed pre eclampsia although I had no reason to be high risk and everything was fine at my 38 week appt, I wasn't due to see the midwife until 40 weeks after that but about a week later I knew something wasn't right & pushed to be checked at the hospital, took 2 days before they'd see me but they induced me straight away when I came in, so if you have any questions about it please let me know.
xx

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'm so excited to start but really nervous too, I think my sister is sick to death of me talking about it but where not telling anyone else so iv got to talk about it with somebody :)

I have a son whom is 7 from a previous relationship and DH had an accident as a child that has resulted in low sperm motility and antibodies.

The cost isn't that bad as I will be donating eggs and they told me that because of this you get the ICSI at reduced cost.

Thanks Lisa, I may pick your brain next week if that's ok? I'm seeing the consultant 2 weeks on Wednesday, so I've got no idea what to ask. I think they've considered me high risk because of hubby. I've had no issues in my side of the family, but when they asked about hubby's mum it all come out that she ended up having high blood pressure throughout the pregnancy and when hubby was born was a month premature and my father in law nearly had to make a choice between his wife and his child as it was that bad. She ended up having an emergency c section because of it all.

Fx I'm ok x x x

Welcome Michelle x
Excited - how are you getting on? When is OTD? Hope you're well. I don't know which drugs I'm on not arrived yet. Is it the same for everyone on short protocol?

Can anyone tell me how long it takes from payment to get the drugs through? Not heard a thing from the courier & I've got my drugs appt next week!
Also, the drug that needs to go in the fridge, does it have to go in straight away? thinking I could put it in the fridge at work if I get it delivered there. There is only 5 of us in the office so I could sneak it in... What did everyone else do for delivery?

Omg what a roller coaster! X

Hi everyone - hope you are all managing to enjoy the sun.

Welcome Michelle - you've stumbled upon an amazing thread - you will be looked after here. The ladies are just lovely. :flower:

Gem - fingers crossed for your scan hun - wow doesn't time fly!!! Only seems like yesterday that you got your bfp!!

Janey - I'm well thank you. Back at work and struggling to keep my mind on the job... If you don't mind i would rather not say when OTD is. I'm just trying to keep as much pressure off myself as possible and we haven't told anyone when OTD is. I'm not sure about your drugs either sorry. I was treated at Chester so the drugs may well be different there. I was on 375iu of menopur and 25iu of cetrotide and triggered with 250iu of Ovitrelle. I was on short protocol because of my low AMH. I was NHS funded this time so got mine straight from the pharmacy. They did tell me to go straight home with the trigger and get it in the fridge so if you can get it in to the work one then i would!

So bored in work... I need another holiday ha ha xx

Hello ladies

hope everyones well :)

Michelle - welcome and good luck :) x

Gemz - wow 10 weeks already seems like yours is flying by mine seems to be going so slow. Good luck with your scan next week Ive got 6 weeks to wait for my next one and its dragging but have MW in less then 2 weeks and should get to hear heartbeat for the first time :) x

AQ - praying you get your little miracle one day hun xx

TooExcited - Good luck for when you do test. Heat is too much for me which i would never say before i got pregnant as i love the sun and would normally be out in the garden getting a tan. SO cant wait for it to be alittle cooler lol x

Hi girlies how are we all???
Just been for my scan 6 day scan they could see a total of 16 follicles 12 measuring more than 10 is that good??
We are on a weeks annual leave couldn't have picked a nicer week for the weather so we are now driving to Southport for a nice stroll may even offer to drive home & treat DH to a pint he's deserved it but only one !!!

Hi all

oh excited I hope I didn't offend you by asking... I'm not that nosey really, sorry! In fact I'd probably do the same, I'm going to hate the pressure too.
Is work taking your mind off it? I'm planning to go back to work as soon as possible so I don't think about it.
I'm NHS funded too but I've got a courier coming... what did everyone else have?

LMH - from reading this blog I would say that sounds really positive! How are you feeling?
:)
Hi to everyone else! x

We went for our baseline scan this morning and everything was ok and we start stimming tomorrow! Then a scan booked in For a week today and then another next Friday. Does anyone know when egg collection would be roughly if everything ok next Friday?? We're so excited!!

Thanx janey I'm feeling really positive today
Rachel looks like you are now exactly a week behind me my next scan is Friday & been told egg collection will be Monday or Tuesday

Janey - you didn't offend me at all - don't worry hun!

Rachel - great news and congrats on starting to stim. Is this your first cycle? The injections are a breeze so don't think about it and just get on with it!

Lmh - excellent news! I think I had 11 follicles at my first scan which were of a note worthy size and we ended up with 15 follicles at my final scan and 10 eggs so it sounds like you are right on track!

AFM... I have had the tiniest amount of very slightly brown spotting this evening and it has totally freaked me out... Sat on the bed now and have had a little cry. Trying to stay positive but I'm so scared I am out...

Can't believe I'm exactly a week behind you!

Yeah this is our first cycle. They said while I was being scanned that they could see 10 follicles so not sure what that means?

I've not been doing my injections hubby's been doing them I've had 44 already as taking fragmin for my blood so an extra one a night won't do any harm!!

Sounds promising that you've had abit of brown discharge little bean getting all snuggled in!!

Too excited I had brown spotting for 3 days during the 2ww - unfortunately you won't know for sure whats causing it until otd but it is very normal so try not too worry. Everything crossed for you xx

Toexcited that could be a really positive sign hun stay positive x x

Thank you ladies - it's so hard not to panic & it's still too early to test. I just feel completely sick at the mo...

Rachel - I was on 5 but I have low AMH so I was on a high ish dose. I think 3 is more normal xx

Janey - none of my meds needed to be in the fridge so it will depend on your prescription. In terms of work, I had the first week of the 2ww off then went back in for the 2nd week. I personally found that it didn't take my mind off it and I couldn't concentrate at all. I was constantly worried about af coming while i was there. I had decided that if I had needed a second round then I was going to have the whole 2 weeks off. I think everyone is different and you'll know what's right for you. xx

I agree with Susie - I should have had the full 2 weeks off. I cannot concentrate on a thing at work...

So far nothing more this morning... i'm hoping it stays that way! xx

Hi too excited,
Quick question did you mean u had 5 ampules of menopur. Was this on the nhs? I was told that 4 was the max dose? Did u have to self fund the fifth one?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->