IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Ahhh how annoying!
Sick days it is :) there is only 2 of us here so I feel bad taking any time of, I'm not even doing anti natal classes as its too much facing about getting the cover needed but my big boss takes the pi**. My manager is on holiday for two weeks at the end of the month and as there's only the 2 of us I should get a manager fill in, but big boss comes and says he will get me help but "you're ok without manager aren't you, your more than capable and know all the bookwork"
I said yes but if it gets too much ill be telling them where to shove it, I'm on minimum wage!!

Ahh that's cheered me up today gemz I'm now in double digits!!! Xx

Just been for my day 10 scan follies look good so EC is Monday eeek

Hi. Can i ask. Did any of u experience sore boobs whilst doing the stimm injections?
Lmh congrats on ur ec on monday. Im due to have mine wed all being well.

No I've been fine with that my tums just a bit swollen & bruised. I found down regging worse as I had terrible headaches.
Looking forward to a needle free day tomorrow

No I've been fine with that my tums just a bit swollen & bruised. I found down regging worse as I had terrible headaches.
Looking forward to a needle free day tomorrow

How did you find the needles?? This is the part I am actually dreading, I've had nightmares about them and everything.

I have my first appointment on Friday with Mr Kingsland, feeling a bit blind as not sure what to expect, I've had all tests and lap and dye done with mr Gazvani in May, I'm hoping this is the start to exciting times ahead. :)

Good luck for Monday

I'm not finding the needles too bad they are small so don't hurt much. just alternate different places each day and you will be fine I do right middle left so by the time you start over again you have had two days rest in that area. If you are about to start down regging my biggest advice would be to drink plenty of water as I suffered with really bad headaches.
Also pick a time of day that you know you will be home the majority of times. I chose 8pm and only had two times where I had to do the injections outside home, once at a friends BBQ and once in a restaurant toilet .

Good luck x

Michelle I was petrified of needles and I am alright now with them due to this treatment. I still can't bring myself to do them and hubby does them!! Good luck!!

Lots of luck for your egg collections next week lmh and Clarkea xxxx

Gemz can't believe what they've done to you about your sickness!! Like everyone says just milk it now, lots of time off for scans etc! You'll be on mat leave before you know it as well :baby: So excited for your scan on Monday, are you having the nuchal or just the normal dating one? i stayed with the womens and i had no complaints, midwives were so lovely. I'm good thanks, being back at work is rubbish and I really miss mat leave :( take as much time as you can and enjoy every minute. I am lucky I only work 3 days now but I miss my little man so much. xx

Hi to everyone else, hope you are keeping cool in this heat xx

Happy lazy Sunday everyone - although gutted that I've worked all week when it has been roasting and now it's overcast!
Good luck Clarkea & LMH... Very exciting! It's going to be a great week xxx
LMH - thanks for the tips on the injections, I'll remember that. I'm the same as you Michelle dreading it.
Jamie - I think I read that you have PCOS? I have PCOS too my AMH was 60 so I'm on short protocol. Were you on SP too? Did the Lwh look after you more because of OHSS & PCOS? Was this your first IVF? Sorry for all the questions!

AFM - pharmasure called Friday, drugs will arrive Wed, drugs appt Thurs, hoping AF comes on day 26 as I've been religiously taking metformin which makes me more regular, which should mean i'll start stimming next weekend or week after! Can't wait to get started, but keep forgetting there will be fabulous or devastating news at the end.

Has anyone heard from excited? Worried she's a bit quiet, hope she's ok & just taking some time out.

Hi to everyone else x

Hi Janey, I've got PCOS too and was put on the short protocol. This was my first go. They started me on 2 amps of menopur, but after 1st scan it wasn't enough so they upped it to 3. I had egg collection on day 14 and they got 16 eggs. 11 fertilised and I had a day 5 transfer. We had 2 top quality blastos and 3 not sure. They transferred 1 top quality and froze the other, they left the rest an additional day and then managed to freeze 2.

Lazy Sundays to you to Janey, I have my first IVF fertility appointment on Friday at 9:30, not sure what to expect but I will be taking a pad and pen with me because my memory is awful lately, hopefully we should start the ball rolling quite soon as we're paying private so they said we can start when it suits ourselves.

Fingers crossed everything works out, we will both be jabbing soon :-/ I have days were I think I can do this then I think blurghhhhh no I really can't DH will have to do it haha.

Keep us updated on your journey :) xxx

Thanks guys.
Janey ive got pcos also and they put me on short protocol. Its my first go also. Although having pcos is not the reason im having ivf i found this out wen i went to my first scan. I wouldnt say they have kept more of an eye on me which i was suprised about but they r the docs n they know wat there doing i suppose.

Hi Janey, yes I do have pcos and yes this was my first shot (very very lucky ) , but I had had ivf with icsi because my oh had a low sperm count also. I was on long protocol, the nurses said they were doing checks for Ohss but I don't know if I was given any special treatment xx

Hi Janey, yes I do have pcos and yes this was my first shot (very very lucky ) , but I had had ivf with icsi because my oh had a low sperm count also. I was on long protocol, the nurses said they were doing checks for Ohss but I don't know if I was given any special treatment xx

Any tips jamie? Im on my first icsi ivf. X

Hi girls just a catch up from me so I had my egg collection yesterday and got 17 eggs. As per usual they couldn't all be used as lots were immature so they injected 7. Got the dreaded phone call today zero fertilisation.

WTF talk about 10 steps back I am so angry right now I've had 6 full cycles and always made it with 2 to transfer and now they're telling me that me and my OH are that incompatible within the space of 3 months.

Absolutely devastated right now and really don't know what to do next !!!!

I can only say take each step as it comes clarkea.
In my own opinion try not to err what's the word, obsess?
I tried to go into this a little researched but I only really knew what my nurses or consultants told me, I came on this forum to ask all the ladies questions I needed to know, but stay away from google, it's evil!

Some people like to try and do everything they can to help have a positive outcome, like eating certain foods, taking certain tablets/vitamins, some old wives tales.
It's completely up to you what you chose to believe will help but I went into it just wanting to be healthy, I quit caffeine, smoking and drinking... Easy said than done I quit new year and started my drugs mid January. But since I got the bfp I haven't missed them really. My oh quit energy drinks, he is a red bull freak.
That is the only thing I changed about my daily routine, apart from the centrum multi vitamin I took.

I got so hormonal and whingey, throughout the treatment and every ache and pain I thought the worst so just try to stay positive throughout, it's harder to do than what you think.
What stage of treatment are you at? Xx

Sorry I was writing when you must of posted bugs.
I'm so so sorry, this story isng to offend you i know you and your oh want children wuth each other and love each other, not that it's any consolation to you but my auntie and her ex tried for 10 years and after all treatment money problems they ended up arguing to much and falling out of love with each other.. Sorry rambling on pointlessly here...
She met a new man 2 years later and after explaining her situation he was fine with it, 16 months later she missed her period,
Maybe the comparability thing may be true.... Although it sucks big time! :hugs:

Bugs- so sorry to hear your news. I have been there so many times and know how awful it is to hear that none made it. Is there any possibility that you may get a late fertiliser? They tried to tell us we just were not compatible once but i just can't believe that. You seemed to have lots of eggs collected, could this have compromised their quality? What dosage were you on?
I am due to start stimming next weekend and am totally petrified.
Take care x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->