IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Thanks ladies. So just to clarify. When i do my fet. They will thaw all 7. Grow them. Transfer 1 (fingers crossed) and refreeze the others? (As long as they make it strong yo day 5).

Sorry i dont mean to sound ungrateful. Im very much not. Its just u start ivf thinking u will have a baby soon and its not always the case.

I'm not too sure with a FET, with a normal cycle they grow them all till day 5 and freeze the embryo's that make it. So I would have thought that they would just thaw them when being used but I suppose if they were frozen immediately they wouldn't know which ones were best so maybe they thaw them all when your ready pick out the best and then re freeze the others xxx

Evening ladies,
First just wanted to say I've followed all your 'oldies' journeys from the start of the blog and although you've not had your much wanted and deserved babies, we appreciate you being here to support & advise us in our newbie journeys. We all start this in the similar mindset & being told we cant have children naturally which for me was heartbreaking. No we don't understand what you oldies have been through but maybe some us one day will and having you around until that time comes when you go to a pregnancy forum might just give one person some valued nugget of info.

Afm - drugs arrived, drug appointment done & now the wait begins!

Hope everyone else is good xxx

Thanks JaneyM, that's one of the reasons why I come back to the forum as it's a very lonely journey and if I can give anyone any help or advice I will and am more than happy to do so xxxx

Hi everyone

Good luck to all those going through cycles at the moment.
Mrse- which clinic in London are you thinking of going to? I hope you get your answers there.

Bugs- you will have to let me know how you get on at your clinic abroad. I am trying to be positive about this next cycle but feel i need a back up plan just to soften the blow if it goes as badly as my last cycles. Everything points to egg quality issues for us but no one can say for definite.

Africa- glad to see you are enjoying your new job and looking forward to a holiday. We will get our dream someday. I can't imagine how i will feel when that time comes as it is only a dream now.

Afm- i have finished my two weeks of northisterone so just waiting for af to show now to start. Dh is away on a stag do this weekend so i am hoping it holds out a few days so i don't have to start injecting on my own. I am off work now so am hoping to be able to relax. Having said that i am in the middle of completing on our house and sorting out planning permission on our new place!!! X x

Just been for our scan and been told that egg collection will be Tuesday, does anyone know what's they use to decide what day? If its on a Tuesday and our eggs get to 5 days do they put them back on a Sunday??

Cveah - fingers crossed for you!! I've not decided on a clinic yet but I will go to the one some friends have gone to for consultation and then decide.

Bugs - what is the clinic abroad you are thinking of cos I know a couple of people that have used clinics abroad for DE cycles. Xx

Hi Rachel it's a numbers game I'm afraid, if you have more than I think it's 4 embies going strong they'll wait till day 5 but any less they'll do a day 3 transfer.

We're looking at Serum in Athens but mainly for the immunes and possibly donor eggs if recommended xxxx

Rachel I had my egg transfer on a Sunday x

Bugs and Aq you were the main two people who stopped me from being a massive wet mop! I really do hope you get your baby xx

Rachel I had my egg transfer on a Sunday x

Bugs and Aq you were the main two people who stopped me from being a massive wet mop! I really do hope you get your baby xx

Ha ha that tickled me xxx

Hi all

Sorry I've been AWOL, but my morning sickness took a bad turn a dive felt awful all week. Just when I thought it was over and done with eh? Ie also gone down south to a friends wedding so fx I manage not to be sick. A wedding with out a drink.... Gonna be a bit strange!

Lmh that's a massive amount of eggs, I hope our transfer went well today, and your enjoying yourself at your BBQ before the weather takes a turn.

Clarkea I'm sorry I can't help you there I'm afraid. I didn't go to fet straight fresh cycle although when we hope to have baby no 2 and we struggle ill be doing a fet then and picking your brain. Hope your doing well, and not feeling too run down.

Mrse, im sorry your fu wasn't clearer for you. I hope it's not to long till you get your dream baby. That's also true for bugs, and AQ. Your all in my thoughts and I hope you find a way to achieve our dreams.

Cvaeh, good luck on your next cycle, I can't imagine what you've gone thru to get to this star, but hopefully this is your time. Keeping everything crossed.

Rachel, good luck for your ec on Saturday, like others said its a numbers game. Depending on how many eggs you get you could be on a 2, 3 or 5 day transfer. When I went though IVF last year they weren't open on Sundays, that's now changed thou, as Jamie went thru it on a Sunday. I don't think it matters who does your transfer to be honest, my mum thought as dr k did mine, that it would work, and it didn't. Yu just have to dust your elf off and get ready again. It's such a rollarcoaster.

Jamie, Harley, Lindy, Lisa, jules, susie and anyone else I've missed is doing well.

I feel a bit of a cheat or fraud given that this forum is for IVF and some how I've fallen pregnant naturally, but I don't feel right in those forums where people tried naturally and managed to conceive. I'm stuck in the middle if that makes sense?

Love to all x x x

Hugs AQ. Mrse. Bugs. I pray you all get there soon. Xxx

My friend went through several goes and sadly had two mc at 20 weeks due to immune issues. Me kingsland recommended she use a surrogate and told her to go to a clinic in Cyprus (I'm sure it was Cyprus) Is that the one you are looking into? She now has a lovely little girl after so much heartache. Xxx

Good luck for transfer lmh, I loved seeing my little embryo before they put it in! Thinking back now it's a shame I never got a picture! X

Good luck today LMH xxx

Michelle - how did your consultation go? X

All went well I've got a slightly twisted cervix so was a tad painful cried like a fool when I seen my embryo on screen

Thank you all for your kind wishes x

Janey- Thank you. Its all the women new to this forum that brings me back as i like to offer help/advice where possible and i always pray that one of us oldies has some fab news but as yet its not happening but i do believe we will all find our happy ending x

Cvaeh- Yes we will get there one day, no matter how. Hope this next cycle brings your BFP, i truly do x

Jamie- haha! that post tickled me too. lol x

Lmh- Congrats on being pupo and i hope you cope with the 2ww the best you can x

Lindy- How are you? hope Thomas is doing well x

Gemz- You are not a fraud hun! yes you got pregnant naturally but so have a few of the other girls on this thread and its still nice you post to see how everyone is doing and to keep us updated x

Hi to Lisa, MrsE, and all the gang x

I got two definate frosties with a further two potential they will write to me during the week. Feels so strange to think my embryos nestling in now

Good luck today LMH xxx

Michelle - how did your consultation go? X

Hi Janey, it was so-so, it was basically talking through procedure etc, we was supposed to find out prices but the finance department was closed, were due to go back (privately) on the 3rd sept but the doctor recommended writing to the PCT to see if we are eligible for funding. I have a child from a previous relationship, hubby has no children but has anti-sperm antibodies due to an accident and several operations when he was younger. It gave us something to think about and supposed we don't know until we try. Consultant said we can only try and then pay private, but if you pay private then appeal the PCT they won't take it because you have already paid.

Stuck in a rut haha
Hope all is well, fingers crossed LMH!!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"