IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Michelle- you won't stand a chance of getting a NHS cycle if you have a child :( i have no children and neither does my dh and after our 2 NHS cycles failed we went as high as we could with the PCT even getting our MP involved and they still refused us the 3rd cycle on the NHS even though the NICE guidelines recommend 3 cycles ;( we ended up paying out £4000 for our last cycle but we did ask our GP to fund the meds which amazingly she did, so that saved £1500 as i was on 8 amps of stimms. Not every GP will fund it an the Hewitt centre were very surprised that she did so we were very thankful. Sadly our 3rd cycle failed too so we are going to save up after xmas and hopefully manage one last cycle next year. xxx

I'm afraid I second what AQ says Michelle I don't have any but my OH has children from his previous marriage and we didn't qualify for treatment and tbh we didn't want to wait around appealing so we just paid. I also asked my GP twice about funding for meds and it was refused so AQ was really lucky if only all GP's were as understanding oh but they will fund my clexane due to having factor v Leiden but other than that we're on our own.

I did egg share on cycle #3 to cut costs but it's not for everyone and I recently found out that it was unsuccessful for the recipient which is sad but also makes the decision to move onto donor eggs a little easier xxxx

Lmh, I was knocked out for my transfer, as my uterus is inverted and twisted, so I feel your pain. Hope your pain eased thou. Did you have one or two transferred? Brilliant news that you've definitely got 2 frosties, fx the other two do well. Did you enjoy your BBQ?

Thanks AQ, I've been worried about posting given my circumstances, felt a bit of a loss the other day, hence my meladramtic post x x

Michelle, I can only reiterate what AQ and bugs have said. It's unlikely that you'd get funding from you ccg (that's what has replaced the PCTs). As you already have a child nice state only to fund 3 cycles for those without children. Most of the north west regions offer 2 rounds on the nhs, but Warrington stopped their nhs treatment last year - sods or what. I know its really disappointing, but your GP may support it so it could be worth a shot (however small) you are right thou once you pay you can't access nhs treatment. I work in the nhs and I know how brutal funding can be. I know a woman who was denied cancer drugs due to nhs finances.

Hope everyone is is doing ok. Sorry its just a quick post from me. I've had an exhausting weekend - went to a friends wedding, then had a mad journey back home to Liverpool due to the crazy weather we've had today.

Love to all x x x

Last injection done whoo can't wait for tomorrow so can forget about needles until Tuesday when they all start again!! It's all for a good cause so it makes them that bit easier doesn't it!!

Have you triggered tonight Rachel? If so good luck for EC on Tuesday. Only one needle for EC and then all done unless your having progesterone shots instead of the pessaries? xxx

Yes we triggered at 10.30 ready for Tuesday! I've got a blood clotting blood disorder so will be back on fragmin after egg collection!!

Oh right so no rest for you from jabs then! lol. Lots of luck for your EC tomorrow :) xxx

Did anyone experience implantation cramps? I'm having slight pains but not sure what to make of it

Lmh- Yep i had cramps with all 3 cycles. Perfectly normal. Its your ovaries settling down etc after treatment and transfer xxx

Lmh like AQ I had cramps for a day or so whilst everything settled down, if it gets really bad take some paracetamol but nothing else! :)

Good luck for tomorrow Rachel. I know everyone's different but I actually found the EC to be the easiest part of the whole process & I completely fell, in love with the anaesthetist

Hi all, I hope you don't mind me posting on this thread. I've only just joined. My husband and I have just been for our first appointment with dr Lewis jones at Liverpool women's hospital and found out that my oh has necrospermia, so there is a normal count, normal morphology but they are dead so that's why we can't have a baby despite so long trying. He suggested ivf. To do this I need to loose weight as I'm very fat (ate with all the worry!!!!) what I'm looking for is if anyone has been through this and been successful? I'm so worried x

Hi Ninix :hi:

Welcome to the thread. So sorry to hear about your Partners :spermy:

There's been lots of success for some of the ladies on the thread and lots of heartache for others. Unfortunately it doesn't always work but it is definitely worth trying, its a rollercoaster journey & hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones at the end :thumbup:

How much weight did they say you need to lose?

:hugs:
xxx

Thanks lmh I am worrying about the needle in the back of my hand I hate it, all the ivf needles I've been fine with but this one is playing on my mind!!

Welcome Nixix and lots of luck x

Rachel- You will be fine. Dr Ryan is so gentle and calming you will be asleep before you know it. With everyone of my cycles i found ec the best part as he is such a nice guy and its calming to know your body has done its best and the rest is down to nature really x

I've now got what i can only describe as period pains currently on hold to LWH I'm I just over reacting ????

Rachel good luck with your ec you'll be fine!! Unfortunately I HATED having the needle in the back of my hand, that's only because I have the tiniest veins ever and can never get a good blood test out of my arm let alone needle in my hand. After failing that he put it I'm the vein in my wrist, under my thumb, I'm the little dip.. Don't let it put u off though I've always had troubles.

Welcome ninix like Lisa said there are some people who have been lucky and some not. I'm one of the lucky ones and I feel terribly blessed.

Lmh hope you ok huni try not to worry to much, I'm going to try find the post but I was in an awful mood on my 2ww because I thought the witch was coming x

AQ did I read you was having your next go at the end of march? Quick turn around just meant I didn't think it would be so soon sorry!
I'm getting a little confused there's a lot going on isn't there,
I'm that bad I went the ASDA today after work walked around, stared at all the shelves, didn't know what I wanted and walked back out
Still feel as If my AF is going to come, I'm so glad google is to hand, some good some bad..
Sorry for moaning, my OH keeps telling me not to worry and it will be nothing, I can't explain it to him I can't help but feel he doesn't understand because he doesn't know,

Hi girls haven't been on for a couple of days because been having real bad period type ache, sore back and headaches so I told my self I needed to stay of the Internet completely,
Bugs I'm sorry your still in limbo and didn't get the news you wanted,
AQ sorry about your friend, life is so unfair
Sorry for lack of personals, I just sneaked on on my phone
X

Thanks for all your support ladies, Turns out I'm just a big whinger for nothing, had to test early I couldn't stop my self,
:bfp: I'm so happy but also so cautious too
Woke up at 4 am really needing too per and thought, why not.. My test came up 1-2 weeks
I woke up at 7:15 today and thought best make sure, came up positive 2-3 weeks, :happydance: x

There you go lmh hope this makes you feel a little better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"