IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Can I just ask after egg collection did you feel abit bloated and if so how long for xxx

Hi hun, yes I felt bloated and constipated for a day or so, I think in my case it was about2/3 days x x

Well done AQ on the 20lbs!!

Rachel- great fertilisation report. Finger crossed for you.

Hugs to all. Xx

I felt bloated and tender for a few days, actually I still felt a little like that when I had my transfer, but pretended I was fine to hubby (he's a worrier!). I didn't have proper symptoms of OHSS, if I had I would have told them as it can be so dangerous, but I think it is normal to feel a bit delicate if they got so many eggs as you've been battered about so much. For my first few scans after it worked the ultrasound technicians kept commenting on my poor battered ovaries, but they did gradually go down, they ached for a few weeks though x

This makes me feel better as the nurse did say about ohss but I do t have any other symptoms just the bloated feeling. Thanks for everyone's advise the forum is a god send!!

Boy 2ww is torture...
Trying to not think about it all but I've had ups & downs of symptoms I'm driving myself crazy. I've got terrible sore boobies & had slight nausea/ vomiting since yesterday trying to tell myself I may have a little bug as it must be way too early for MS

Lmh just think your nearly half way through!! Are you doing lots of nice things while your off or are you just relaxing??

It's a bit early for ms hun, but sore boobs is defiantly common in early pregnancy, mine where on fire :) when's OTD?

Rachel how you doing?

I'm feeling ok thanks gemz went bk to work today but only got another day and having two weeks off after et!!

Lucky you, although saying that I'm off to cyprus on Saturday!

I went back to work after ec and et and had no time off. Said if we do ivf again as I've always wanted a big family I'd defiantly take time off! Are you in any discomfort?

Just feel abit bloated and full but no pain!! It's better than it was so must be gettin better thanks for askin xx

Boy 2ww is torture...
Trying to not think about it all but I've had ups & downs of symptoms I'm driving myself crazy. I've got terrible sore boobies & had slight nausea/ vomiting since yesterday trying to tell myself I may have a little bug as it must be way too early for MS

Having done so many 2ww's sore boobs is defo a side effect of the extra progesterone it was one of the things I always used to notice. As I said before it's really difficult to know what's preg related and what's progesterone. Hang in there your doing great xxxx

Yeah i agree with Bugs, after everyone of my cycles my boobs were so sore too. Defo the progesterone. You will soon be testing though Lmh so lots of luck x

Rachel- No wonder your feeling bloated with all those eggs collected! lol. Rest up and any shortness of breath or pain, call the HC straight away x

Hi to Lindy, Gemz and all the gang xxx

Lmh the 2ww is soooo hard, hope you are ok. When do you test? As the others have said it really is impossible to know with the symptoms, which is what makes it so hard. My boobies started to twinge about 4 days before otd, but the progesterone can also cause that :wacko: I think it's prob a bit too early for ms but who knows as we are all different. Everything crossed for you xxxxx

Rachel great news on your lovely embies, good luck for a smooth transfer xxx

Hi to everyone else :flower:xx

Hi everyone,
I have been reading the last few hundred posts over the last couple of days, as I begin to get ready to start ivf. My history is- TTC for 2 years, got pregnant after 6 months but miscarried at 7 weeks, then nothing for the past 18 months- so frustrating. Tried clomid for 3 months and had hycosy which was 'inconclusive'. So guess I am in the unexplained category! I am also a type 1 diabetic- not sure if that is the problem?! Currently awaiting consultation at Arrowe Park on sept 6th with regard to ivf, got 2 cycles confirmed on nhs. We will be satalite patients of liverpool womens, doing the EC and ET there but all other appointments at Arrowe. Nervous and excited, and having lots if ups and downs which I can see you all have or experienced at some time. Hope you don't mind me joining!
Sending lots of good luck to all of you xx

Hi Susie, how are you doing? x

Kateann- Welcome to the group :) when do you think you will be starting your 1st cycle? Best of luck. You will get a wealth of info and support here x

What a difference a day makes, I feel miles better today!!! Thank you for everyone who's asked how I am.

Hope everyone is doing ok and looking forward to weekend xxx

Hi Africaqueen, I'm hoping it will be October when we start but I suppose it could even be November- nhs are so slow with everything! Appointment on 6th sept is to go over and fill in all paperwork. I think we both need to have blood tests etc even though I've had loads already over last 6 months! Hate the waiting game!

Did anyone do accupuncture? I've booked in for a consultation but not sure if it will actually help anything?! Any other tips? I don't know anyone who has gone through this before so don't have anyone to talk to as no one understands what it's like. 2 of my best friends have just had babies and am thrilled for them, a couple more are TTC so no doubt they'll have their big announcements soon enough. It's so hard to stay positive!!!
Xx

Hi KateAnn

I am also Wirral based but we are having our treatment at Chester then ET at Liverpool.

Where have you booked in for Acupuncture? I have been having treatment since March and I would recommend it.

Totally agree with you about how hard it is to stay positive. My advice is to just take one day at a time and prepare yourself emotionally for the IVF process. Have you been offered a counsellor? If you have I would recommend seeing them.

We have just been through our first IVF cycle which sadly failed but hopefully we have learnt a few things for our next cycle.

Good luck with your treatment. The girls on this thread have been a massive help to me.

Hi to everyone else - sorry I have been lying low recently. It's taken me a little while to get over the disappointment but we're slowly getting there now xx

Hi Excited- so sorry about your 1st cycle, it must be so heartbreaking to go through all that, I can't imagine how you must be feeling at the moment. I suppose you just need to take each day as it comes.

Have booked in for acupuncture at a place in west kirby, she is zita west trained so am intrigued as to what she will say when I go in a couple of weeks. Not really sure what to expect!

I'm so glad I found this forum, it's great to have people to talk to who understand.

I'm sure we will all get where we want to be in our journeys. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->