IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

How bizarre is this coz I work in a call centre aswell, Mine is customer contact no targets thank God. How strange on a small thread we all do the same job xxxx

Small world hey lol
xxx

Nat- Its customer service, although i have worked in marketing and sales for most of my working life and had to meet some bloody hard targets, so really glad this is not target based as i dnt need the extra stress with everything else in my life :)

I am starting to get excited about 2011 now as it might be the year i actually get a fully established bump! lol xxx

Aww I hope 2011 will be a fab year for us all hun

I am thinking of not going back to sales to stressful and my life dosent need much stress at the mo.Keep us posted on how the job is going hun

hugs
Natx

hi girls

its my first post on this thread but im also at the womens, ive been TTC for 3 years have had one failed attempt of icsi in feb/march they transferred 2 embies one 8 cell one 12 cell. im now in my 2ww of a FET, its been a medicated cylcle so twice as long as my 1st attempt of ivf which has made the whole exprerience alot more stressfull. i had 2 snow babies transferred on thurs just gone so only 9 more sleeps til i can test. if this one doesn't work i have one more free attempt prob around dec/jan.

Mr Aziz did all my investigations to begin with, i didn't particuarly like him he couldn't understand why id get upset in the appointments & wasn't very smpathetic but every time id go to see him there would be more bad news waiting for me so what could he expect??? i have found the hewitt centre much better & the nurses are lovely but i did prefer it when we had to use the back entrance while it was being done up....that way i didn't have to go past people taking home their beautiful new born babies.

goodluck to everyone hopefully we'll all be getting our :bfp: soon x

Hi Hollee hopefully your visit to this thread will be short and sweet lots and lots of luck with your transfer, I have found the staff seem to be quite hardened to it all you don't really get much of a reaction to anything which really annoys me. We spent £4500 and I ended up with no tubes and a punctured bladder it does make me mad but we all want the same thing and thats why we do it crazy as it is. I will be on holiday when you test so fingers crossed and I'll check in to see how you got on when I get back.

And to Natp I'vehad to wait a couple of times for scans but when I had to have my early recognition scan and they were trying to diagnose if I'd had a miscarriage or if it was ectopic I was in there for ages so I was glad they took the time with me so it's not a bad thing if you're kept waiting at least we know they are doing their job properly !! How are you getting on with your meds xxx

Bugs- Just wondered how u ended up with a punctured bladder from IVF?

Good luck to all u ladies having treatment now. Is it 2 or 3 cycles that u get free on NHS?

xxx

Good luck to all u ladies having treatment now. Is it 2 or 3 cycles that u get free on NHS?

xxx

Hi Africaqueen, When I had surgery to have the ectopic removed they did keyhole surgery and slipped right into my bladder, I'm all better now but it was painful at the time xxx

xxx

Hi Africaqueen, When I had surgery to have the ectopic removed they did keyhole surgery and slipped right into my bladder, I'm all better now but it was painful at the time xxx

OMG I cant believe them,I hope they are compensating you with some free treatment?

Poor you hun,but glad ya all better now hun

hugs
Nat x

xxx

OMG! that is terrible! with my second ectopic i lost a fair bit of blood when the took the cyst frm my ovary but that is terrible they peirced ur bladder! i had keyhole with both and luckily it went smoothly as could be expected. Glad u are better nw.

How bad is it, that they have stopped free IVF treatment in warrington pct?! It was on the news before and the comments frm the public were terrible, saying 'why dnt these ppl just adopt' and 'ivf should never be funded' and ' its not a womans right to have a child, it's a privilege! makes me sooo mad that fertile people have such a opinion when they aint got a clue!!:growlmad:

xxx

xxx

OMG! that is terrible! with my second ectopic i lost a fair bit of blood when the took the cyst frm my ovary but that is terrible they peirced ur bladder! i had keyhole with both and luckily it went smoothly as could be expected. Glad u are better nw.

How bad is it, that they have stopped free IVF treatment in warrington pct?! It was on the news before and the comments frm the public were terrible, saying 'why dnt these ppl just adopt' and 'ivf should never be funded' and ' its not a womans right to have a child, it's a privilege! makes me sooo mad that fertile people have such a opinion when they aint got a clue!!:growlmad:

xxx

OMG I am furious what nasty people are out there....I hope karma comes round and bites them on the ass.
Do you come under Warrington PCT? hope not hun,if you do find a relative in another area and register at there address and GP's

hugs
Nat xx

hi girls

its my first post on this thread but im also at the womens, ive been TTC for 3 years have had one failed attempt of icsi in feb/march they transferred 2 embies one 8 cell one 12 cell. im now in my 2ww of a FET, its been a medicated cylcle so twice as long as my 1st attempt of ivf which has made the whole exprerience alot more stressfull. i had 2 snow babies transferred on thurs just gone so only 9 more sleeps til i can test. if this one doesn't work i have one more free attempt prob around dec/jan.

Mr Aziz did all my investigations to begin with, i didn't particuarly like him he couldn't understand why id get upset in the appointments & wasn't very smpathetic but every time id go to see him there would be more bad news waiting for me so what could he expect??? i have found the hewitt centre much better & the nurses are lovely but i did prefer it when we had to use the back entrance while it was being done up....that way i didn't have to go past people taking home their beautiful new born babies.

goodluck to everyone hopefully we'll all be getting our :bfp: soon x

Hi Hollee hopefully your visit to this thread will be short and sweet lots and lots of luck with your transfer, I have found the staff seem to be quite hardened to it all you don't really get much of a reaction to anything which really annoys me. We spent £4500 and I ended up with no tubes and a punctured bladder it does make me mad but we all want the same thing and thats why we do it crazy as it is. I will be on holiday when you test so fingers crossed and I'll check in to see how you got on when I get back.

And to Natp I'vehad to wait a couple of times for scans but when I had to have my early recognition scan and they were trying to diagnose if I'd had a miscarriage or if it was ectopic I was in there for ages so I was glad they took the time with me so it's not a bad thing if you're kept waiting at least we know they are doing their job properly !! How are you getting on with your meds xxx

BUGS - please go to my clinic they are so much better its private , cheaper and they are so nice , if nothing else check out the website its manchester fertilty services MFS

i still find it hard to believe that something as important as IVF is down to postcode lottery & the publics comments were so harsh. some people are so small minded.

bugs - i can't believe that you had to go through all of that, it must have been a really stressful time for you.

nat - hows it going for you? when its a frozen cycle they can either put the embryo back in when you naturally ovulate but if you don't have a normal cycle then your back on the buserelan & HRT tablets.

ive had to wait once for an appointment for over an hour but the doc had an emergency, i just think if it was me in the emergency i know where id want the doctor

well i still have 1 week left before testing & my head is wrecked...one thing i wish they would change at the womens & thats to do blood tests instead of having to wait 2 weeks for a HPT its sort of like your left to it.

Nat, luckily i am going to be going to the LWH as i live in wirral. But feel very sad for warrington based couples who need it :-(

xxx

Ladies can I ask a question (you may notice I pop in here occasionally O:))
How long was it before you were ready to get started on ICSI or IVF?

We're on our 20 month TTC and lost our first pregnancy in June at around 7.5 weeks. . .
We're under going tests which have come back pretty normal, OH has a low count but apprently it's only slightly low :wacko:
And I'm waiting on a HSG.

I think they'll probably offer clomid at our next appointment if my HSG is clear. . .?
But I'm wondering how long it will be until we move onto other treatments if that fails?

:flower: x x x x x x

We're on our 20 month TTC and lost our first pregnancy in June at around 7.5 weeks. . .
We're under going tests which have come back pretty normal, OH has a low count but apprently it's only slightly low :wacko:

I think they'll probably offer clomid at our next appointment if my HSG is clear. . .?
But I'm wondering how long it will be until we move onto other treatments if that fails?

My situation is completely different as we can only ever conceive with IVF due to my having no tubes, but i would think after the hsg they will have more of a idea an if all is ok, they usually will not offer IVF unless you have been ttc for 2yrs or more. I think clomid would be the next step for you. I had a clear hsg a few yrs ago(still had 2 ectopics sadly) and then went on clomid for 6mths due to hormone issues but it never worked as my ex was infertile almost. I am remarried now and we are starting ivf next summer.

I wish u all the very best and hope u dnt need IVF. Maybe IUI would be a better option for you xxx

Thanks for replying hun :hugs:

That must be really difficult for you. . . :(
I remember seeing your last ectopic on this forum, hope your coping well :hugs:

We're almost at two years now, although I am hoping we can concieve naturally.

Good Luck with everything hun :flower:

Hello lovely ladies

Well I am not sure how I feel about my scan . So this was my 1st stimm scan after being on menupor for 7 days...Doctor said follicles were all tiny but there were lots on both sides of the ovaries. They took some blood to see what's going on and are going to call me back before 4pm today, to let me know wether to up the dose of stimms. I am currently on 2 vials of menupor which is a small amount,doctor seems to think that maybe adding another vial may increase growth!!! I have to go for another follicle scan on Friday and now he thinks ec will be Wednesday instead of Monday as they originally thought. Did anyone else experience a similar situation where their eggs grew with a upped dose part way through. I also thought 7 days of stimm was a little to soon to establish how many follicles etc....or is this normal too.
I also discussed my preference for general over sedation, I think I made a fool of myself because I started to well up in my eyes and got the dreaded lump in my throat....but I told them I was scared of sedation due to past experiences...they said they would try and do general if there was a theatre and some one could administer it available.
So today didn't go to plan as I am still non the wiser about how many follicles are there . Roll on Friday, hope they hurry up and call me to let me know my blood results

Hope your all well
Hugs
Nat x

Nat, luckily i am going to be going to the LWH as i live in wirral. But feel very sad for warrington based couples who need it :-(

xxx

Thank god for that Hun xxx
I have a friend who works within the NHS and her opinion is that alot of pct may follow Warrington on this. I am so glad I am in the system now just hope funding for my 2 nd go isn't gonna be effected by this latest change of mind by pct

Hi Hun
I have been ttc but have fell pregnant with losses unfortunately. We lost our daughter October 09 and new we wanted to start straight away. My GP booked me in for some bloods which were suggestive of pcos , saw fertility doc Dec 09 who confirmed I had pcos which explained why it took us so long to conceive in the past. He also found out OH sperm was not great either. He refused to treat me with clomid until I lost weight so didn't start on clomid till march 10 then did further clomid cycles April and may,it didn't work....was told ivf / icsi was our only option but needed to loose yet more weight for a referral to be sent.., lost the weight by June and started my first cycle 1st august.....I found everything moved really quickly,would of moved quicker if it wasn't for my weight problem. I think you need to be very firm with doctors about what you want and when you want it, do your research and don't allow them to fob you off Hun.

20 months is longer enough now, they really should be moving forward with treatment. Are you based in Liverpool? I was based at Preston but referred to Liverpool.

Let us know how you get on

Hugs
Nat x

Nat, i am sorry that your appt didnt go as well as planned, but they are still confident on doing the EC and that is fab news. I am sure they will get lots of eggs. I too would opt for a general for EC but if sedation was the only option then so be it. Whatever it takes eh? ;-)
Keep us updated and i have my fingers truly x'd for you hun.
I really hope that liverpool pct dnt follow the path of warrington! If they did tho, we would have to get a loan cos there is no way i can go longer than next yr without at least trying to get pregnant again xxx

Hi Hun
I have been ttc but have fell pregnant with losses unfortunately. We lost our daughter October 09 and new we wanted to start straight away. My GP booked me in for some bloods which were suggestive of pcos , saw fertility doc Dec 09 who confirmed I had pcos which explained why it took us so long to conceive in the past. He also found out OH sperm was not great either. He refused to treat me with clomid until I lost weight so didn't start on clomid till march 10 then did further clomid cycles April and may,it didn't work....was told ivf / icsi was our only option but needed to loose yet more weight for a referral to be sent.., lost the weight by June and started my first cycle 1st august.....I found everything moved really quickly,would of moved quicker if it wasn't for my weight problem. I think you need to be very firm with doctors about what you want and when you want it, do your research and don't allow them to fob you off Hun.

20 months is longer enough now, they really should be moving forward with treatment. Are you based in Liverpool? I was based at Preston but referred to Liverpool.

Let us know how you get on

Hugs
Nat x

Thanks hun :hugs:

Things seem to be moving very slowly for us :(
My OH gets his stuff sorted fairly quickly but my side of things seem to be taking forever. . .

They've messed us up a few times by losing the initial GP referral and then giving us the wrong information on providing the SAs. I should of had my HSG today but someone forgot to put me on the list even though I'd rang up about it 100 times so that will now have to wait until next AF in around 3 weeks which means my appointmnet with the FS has been put back a month also . . . :dohh:

I'm not sure if we will qualify for certain treatments yet due to our ages :wacko:

Yep we're based in Liverpool.

x x x x x x x x

Maaybe- How old are u and ur dh? The "cut off" for IVF on the NHS is 37 i think and im not sure about IUI etc xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->