• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Do it ES... When were you due on? She's a b***h. So, you've got 2 more bleeds to get through before you can start medicated FET?

I'm so glad I came on, otherwise was going to resort to BD!!!! X

I'm on day 31, usually have a 26-27 day cycle but the doctor said the other day it might take some time for my body to sort itself back out. Do you actually count the bleed after EC af? I started bleeding on day 19 but yer 2 more bleeds, ring up the clinic on day 1 of the second bleed xx

Congrats babies that's brilliant news! We had our 20 week scan today and everything is fine :)
So exciting ladies your all so close now, will be following you all can't wait to see the rest of your bfp's xx

Congrats babies. Well we rang up today as its cd1 so all ready for our second fet. I've been reading up about chemical pregnancies and some said they asked for progesterone pessaries for the 2ww what's do you all reckon? Should I ring up on Monday and ask for them? I guess they would have to speak with a dr first though wouldn't they? I just want the little Frosties to have every chance. Hope everyone's cycles are going well and you all having a lovely weekend xxx

So pleased for you VLW, was it amazing to see LO? They have changed so much at that point and now the worrying about all the testing subsides. Half way, yippee, have you started the nursery and buying bits yet? X

ES, I'm not sure but thinking about it - if there was no IVF - if you bled after ovulation (which is at EC) it would count as an AF? Right? Any signs yet? Hope it happens soon as it's really frustrating x

Oh great news Rachel, I know I'm medicated but on my documentation we have to take progynova (HRT) and cyclogest (progesterone) through the 2ww and if fortunate enough to get a BFP, right the way up to 12 weeks. Might be worth asking if you feel it's going to make the difference for you x

Baseline scan for me tomorrow, still bleeding which makes me feel cringeworthy for the scanner, but hey ho all in the name of having a LO.

I counted it as AF but now I'm just wondering what the hell is going on as I'm 6-8 days late 😔😣 could it possible have something to do with the follicles they weren't able to retrieve because of my ovary dropping? Or maybe it's just my body trying to regulate itself?
Good luck tomorrow Janey, remember they see that kind of stuff every day but yer isn't comfortable for us xx

Hi Janey it was amazing! Started decorating the nursery and buying bits.

Hope tomorrow goes well, don't worry about af and the scan they're no doubt used to it. Plus if that's what you have to do then so be it �� Let us know how you get on xx

Hi girls

Sorry for being AWOL, I have been away for the weekend to the lakes and it's like being underground! The signal is awful.

Babies, great to find out your "human" name haha! My daughter's middle name is Isabella, I love it <3 We are considering Isobel is we are lucky enough to have another.

Janey, woohoo for AF arriving!! Good luck at your baseline. I am sure everything will be fine.

Vicky, so happy that everything was fine at the scan, have you had any more twinges that feel like the baby moving? I take it you didn't find out the sex?

Rachel, what date is your FET likely to be? It's looking like there's going to be a few of us in the 2WW together :D :D

Ellie, any sign of your AWOL period?

Day 8 of Norithesterone here, having some cramps like AF is desperate to come but obviously the tablets are preventing it. Got my baseline a week today to start stims!

xx

Hope everyone is well. I need some advice.

Baseline went well yesterday all ready for next stage, was excited and start pills for HRT on Friday. All relaxed then BAM, letter on doorstep from GP to say I'm due for a smear. Totally forgot about it, last time it was discussed was in December, since then a lot has happened and I've forgotten about it. I don't even make a note of when I had a smear so knew it was before our fresh cycle in 2013.
Called the Hewitt centre and they have given 2 options.

So my question is: do I leave my smear until hopefully we have a baby which will be early 2017? Or do I have a smear on Friday? (I start taking my HRT on Friday, so Hewitt centre said don't take the pills before you go.) Obviously, it won't affect lining as there is no lining, but if there are abnormalities it will delay cycle.

My head is spinning, just as I get over one hurdle there's another. In my head I'm thinking buserelin will affect test and show abnormalities, but OH said not to worry, all previous smears have been clear. Feeling so emotional!!!!

Hope you had a lovely time away. The lakes are lovely aren't they. Transfer will probably be around the 25th hopefully. When is everyone else look like?? Xxx

Janey I wouldn't know what to suggest. I would probably have it done and hope for the best. But that's just my opinion. Whatever you decide will be the best for you xxx

I would personally have it done too but mention to the nurse what medications you are on and she should be able to advise you on whether it will have an effect on your smear test results.

Rachel, our transfer should be the first week in May all being well

xx

Yer id still have it done but mention the medication. Period is still AWOL! Emotions are everywhere, completely broke down in work today for no reason what so ever! Hopefully that's a sign that she's coming!! Xx

FINALLY spotting! Af should be here full flow tomorrow. Anyone watch one born every minute? Always find it strange seeing womens on tv knowing I've been there xx

Hope whatever u decide it is ok. I think I would have it dine too, buy it is a tough decision. If u have never had probs with them before tho hopefully will be same this time.
Hope everyone is well. I need some advice.

Baseline went well yesterday all ready for next stage, was excited and start pills for HRT on Friday. All relaxed then BAM, letter on doorstep from GP to say I'm due for a smear. Totally forgot about it, last time it was discussed was in December, since then a lot has happened and I've forgotten about it. I don't even make a note of when I had a smear so knew it was before our fresh cycle in 2013.
Called the Hewitt centre and they have given 2 options.

So my question is: do I leave my smear until hopefully we have a baby which will be early 2017? Or do I have a smear on Friday? (I start taking my HRT on Friday, so Hewitt centre said don't take the pills before you go.) Obviously, it won't affect lining as there is no lining, but if there are abnormalities it will delay cycle.

My head is spinning, just as I get over one hurdle there's another. In my head I'm thinking buserelin will affect test and show abnormalities, but OH said not to worry, all previous smears have been clear. Feeling so emotional!!!!

Ladies' I'm worried.
So on Tuesday morning started with a sharp pain on left hand side. Felt like cyst pain, but sitting, lying down etc nothing was making it stop. Called the clinic and the nurse phoned me back to come in and be checked. I was 4days5. The doctor examined my stomach and said it would be too early to see anything on the ultrasound and that if it was ectopic it was far too early to be causing a problem. She did an ultrasound and said the womb lining was nice and thick and they could see a little bit of blood near the ovary probably from egg collection which may have been causing the pain but she didn't think it was enough. The cyst I had drained before the IVF was there again, but only small so she didn't think it was that. She said they would just have to wait and see and hope to see in the ultrasound at 7 weeks and sent me home. The vag ultrasound was painful whenever she turned the wand to the left and by the time I had got home the pain was so much worse. Guessing because they had moved things in there, not sure. She had told me to take paracetamol and I had to it was so bad. Dh had to work from home to watch my lo as I was in bed in bad pain. The paracetamol kicked in after two doses and overnight the pain lessened to a manageable level. I had done a test that morning before the pain started a frer and two clear lines. I decided to test again the next morning and the line took ages to show, but eventually did. The next day it hurt a bit but no where as much so I just took it easy. Decided to test again this morning. Woke up with really sharp trapped wind pains probably due to the progestrone suppositories at 1am. 3 hours from last wee, and the line is much fainter than it has been. I really don't know what is going on. Did the corpus lut cyst burst? Is it ectopic? Chemical? Is it fine and for some reason the frer is not picking it up as well? I did another test 4 hours later and still same. I'm really worried now. I phoned a different private clinic and just got a beta hcg blood test done. Hopefully will find out the results today. I don't know what to think.

Oh god babies, I am so sorry that you're going through all of this. I don't know what to say... I've never experienced an ectopic but do know someone who had one and she was literally doubled over in pain. I hope that everything is fine and your LO is snuggling in :(

I had a scan at just over 5 weeks and a tiny little blob could be seen in my uterus on an internal. Can't you get a private scan to put your mind at rest?

xx

I was thinking that too getting one done next week. The doctor at the Hewett was adament u wouldn't be able to see anything earlier than the ultrasound they had me booked in for and it woukd just worry me more if they couldn't see anything so wouldn't change me appointment. That was before the lighter tests tho so I'm thinking it is a good idea, but will have to get it done somewhere else. I am just keeping everything crossed the blood test comes back in the normal range. It is just a blood test tho not a doctor consultation so will have to google what is the normal range. I had heard stories of the test fading coz the hormone levels were high. Hoping it is just that. What is making me worry tho is I did a clearblue digi on 14dpo it said 1-2. I tested again on the 16dpo it still said 1-2. When I was pregnant with my lo it said 2-3 on 16dpo. I tested again with yhe digi on Tuesday and it still said 1-2 and yesterday still said 1-2 I know they are not 100 percent accurate, but it was with my lo so is making me worry even more. I have one more clearblue digi to use for Saturday but I am just driving myself nuts worrying and testing. I only tested twice with my lo and never had any problems. I have the worst tension headache. This is so worrying.
Oh god babies, I am so sorry that you're going through all of this. I don't know what to say... I've never experienced an ectopic but do know someone who had one and she was literally doubled over in pain. I hope that everything is fine and your LO is snuggling in :(

I had a scan at just over 5 weeks and a tiny little blob could be seen in my uterus on an internal. Can't you get a private scan to put your mind at rest?

xx

Here are my frer tests. The ones from today look so much lighter.

Attachments

• pregnancylinesprogression2016smallpic.jpg
    pregnancylinesprogression2016smallpic.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 11
I won't lie to you hunni, they do look lighter but that doesn't mean that everything isn't fine! You can definitely see something before 7 weeks, just like you can get a positive before your official test day but the hospital urge you not to test before then. We saw a heartbeat before 7 weeks so the doctor is bullshitting you!
If it is gonna put your mind at rest, which is massively important in early pregnancy then I say go for it and book a private scan

When do you get your bloods back?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back