• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hopefully by 5. Counting down the hours. Just got my first midwife appointment in tbe post. So hope I get to go to it. I haven't had any cramps ot bleeding so hope there is hope.
I won't lie to you hunni, they do look lighter but that doesn't mean that everything isn't fine! You can definitely see something before 7 weeks, just like you can get a positive before your official test day but the hospital urge you not to test before then. We saw a heartbeat before 7 weeks so the doctor is bullshitting you!
If it is gonna put your mind at rest, which is massively important in early pregnancy then I say go for it and book a private scan

When do you get your bloods back?

x

Omg babies, so sorry your going through all this. I hope they ring you soon with results. Id definitely try get a private scan if you can. Hope everything is ok xxx

Thank you!
I really hope so too. Will see what the number is and then see about a scan.

I hope you get the call back today, waiting around is horrible. You're right, no cramps or bleeding is a great sign! x

Just got the results. It was 38.1 IU/L. It falls into the 3 to 4 week pregnancy bracket. I'm only 5 weeks today but a woman in another thread got over 2000 by 5 weeks.

Surely everyone is different babies, stay positive. What happens now?? Xxx

I have been told unless hcg is 2000 you can't see anything on an ultrasound. My main fear is to ensure it is not ectopic, but the Hewett said they would not scan me again until my 7 week appointment.
My head says that because the tests have got lighter, something is changing. Maybe my body is just sorting whatever is wrong out.
I have to wait to start bleeding or wait for more pain to see if its ectopic.
If the worst happens it will be the end of the road for us. I'm 36, so not over the hill entirely, but dh sperm is bad and we definitely don't have the money for another cycle. We already took a loan out for the last cycle so I will just have to accept my miracle ICSI baby is the only one we can have. I am blessed beyond belief to have her. There were ladies on this thread who never got their miracle so I can't let myself feel upset. It is hard though when you are given hope. I wish the test had just been negative if I was just going to lose them/it anyway.

Anyone know if taking progestrone suppos could be stopping me from bleeding and delaying the enevitable?

I have googled, but the consenus seems to be it doesn't because people can start their period after a failed cycle while still taking it. I wonder though if getting a bfp and still taking it makes a difference. I don't know. Just trying to understand why there has been no spotting if my levels are so low.

:( Babies, I am so sorry that there's all of this uncertainty. Any update this morning?

I was taking the suppositories and started bleeding 6 days after transfer even though I was taking them so yes you can still bleed whilst on them.
I had a miscarriage before I had Evie and didn't bleed, I had to go in for a D&C instead.

Can't you get your bloods repeated in 48 hours to see if they're doubling? That's the only thing I can think of suggesting

x

No change this morning. It would be another 78.00 for the blood test and we are really tight with money at the moment. Going to get another packof frers and test tomorrow to see what tje line is doing.
I wonder if the pain was the corpus luth cyst and doing tje ultrasound popped it and that is why the hcg fell. I read that if u are taking progestrone supps it can hang on until the placenta kicks in. But I could just be grasping at straws.
:( Babies, I am so sorry that there's all of this uncertainty. Any update this morning?

I was taking the suppositories and started bleeding 6 days after transfer even though I was taking them so yes you can still bleed whilst on them.
I had a miscarriage before I had Evie and didn't bleed, I had to go in for a D&C instead.

Can't you get your bloods repeated in 48 hours to see if they're doubling? That's the only thing I can think of suggesting

x

It's disgusting how much they charge to take blood!! You'd think your GP will give you one anyway just to ease the stress on both of you.

Oh babies, my fingers are crossed that your little embryo is just snuggling in. I too had a scan at about 6 weeks at the Hewitt for my fresh cycle as they thought the pains I was getting was ectopic. So I'd be on the phone again to them saying it's causing too much stress, you might get more support if you push it.

Yippee ES, did your AF finally arrive? Happy for you chick, only one more to go, it will soon be here. X

Well, I finally calmed down and went to see the nurse this morning, explained the situation and she's done my smear. She put notes on the sample so the laboratory can assess with all the information, should get the results within 10 days if not, I have to call them. Step 2 started for us today, now taking 3 progynova (HRT) tablets a day on top of my 1 injection of buserelin. Now countdown for step 3 which is scan day in 10 days.

Rachel/ Tina, I think you'll both be before me for transfer. All being well, my transfer date is 5th May.

That's awful babies!! The while situation must be so stressful and disheartening. If be in bits!
Yes Janey, AF finally arrived yesterday, 36 days cycle compared to my normal 25-27! Talk about torment haha.
When did you start injecting? Medicated fet is really long isn't it!! From what u told me with timings/drugs etc I estimated a July transfer xxx

Phew, thank god she arrived otherwise it just causes you more stress.

I'm not going to lie, it's long! I think it's 6 weeks from first injection which starts day 21 ish. I started injecting 24th March I think. Granted, they've added a few days on too to make sure that they don't get a bottle neck in the clinic. Taking forever but DH is telling me it's right for us.... All happening perfectly x so this is your first IVF really? I mean transfer? And your first baby? X

Evening ladies!

Ellie, woohoo for AF arriving! Great news, now you can start the countdown to your next AF, one step closer to your FET!

Janey, I have been given the beginning of May as an expected transfer time so I think we will be transferring around the same time you know! It feels like you've been injecting forever!! You'll get there :)

I've finished my norithesterone now, today is day 1 without any tablets. How long did you girls find it took for your AF to come after stopping it? Just hope my AF comes before Tuesday then my baseline doesn't have to be put back. Should be starting stims on Tuesday all being well

X

5 days for me
Evening ladies!

Ellie, woohoo for AF arriving! Great news, now you can start the countdown to your next AF, one step closer to your FET!

Janey, I have been given the beginning of May as an expected transfer time so I think we will be transferring around the same time you know! It feels like you've been injecting forever!! You'll get there :)

I've finished my norithesterone now, today is day 1 without any tablets. How long did you girls find it took for your AF to come after stopping it? Just hope my AF comes before Tuesday then my baseline doesn't have to be put back. Should be starting stims on Tuesday all being well

X

Here are my tests from this morning. The frer is even fainter so I think it is only a matter of time. I have stopped taking the progestrone incase it was stopping the bleeding.
I am scared as never experienced this before. Just hope it is quick and as painless of possible. Main thing I hope is I can stay at home and don't need to go to the hospital. I have had enough of hospitals.

Best wishes for your cycles. I will pop on from time to time to see how you are all doing.

x

Attachments

• lasttestssmall.jpg
    lasttestssmall.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 11
:( babies I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know there is nothing I can say to make you feel any better but just know that we are all here for you.

My period arrived this morning, 4 days after stopping the Norithesterone. Baseline is tomorrow :D I'm expecting stims will start tomorrow or Wednesday.

x

Thanks. I started spotting brown when I wiped over the weekend and now this morning it is more red. Hopefully that means I can do this without medicine.

Yay for af. I had my scan on the Friday af came and started stimms on the Sunday.

I got my daughter her first fish over the weekend. Dory and Nemo. ☺

babies sending you the biggest hugs :( it's not fair that this is happening to you guys. What are you planning to do next? Do you have any embryos frozen?

Lovely that you got your daughter fish :) We haven't had any pets yet, barely find time to look after myself let alone animals!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->