IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Pretty sure that's good Tina, those less than 10 will catch up I'm sure. I can't remember my exact numbers, I know it was quite a few but there's a thin line between too many and not enough. The nurse knew from my first scan that I was likely to have FET rather than fresh transfer. Have they kept you on 3 amps?
Glad your scan went well Janey 😊😊 when are you having your transfer? Xx

Thank you girls, hopefully the next few days of stims will help the others to catch up. I think we will end up losing our leading follicle, if it's 16mm already then by EC I can see it being over mature.

Janey, my scan was at 8.30 so you definitely wouldn't have seen me! I always wonder the same though if I speak to anyone online who is in the waiting room haha! It's probably happened to some of us before now.
My meds have been kept the same (3 ampules) so I guess if they were unhappy that would have increased it.
So excited for you Janey, have you got a date now for approx transfer? Great news that your lining is looking nice and thick :D

I started Cetrotide yesterday, I work 6-2 shifts in work and because my hubby is giving the injections I had to wake him this morning at 5.30 to inject me. He wasn't too happy haha but needs must

Ellie, how are you keeping? Any idea when your FET is likely to be?

Rachel, how are you after transfer hun? Will you be testing early?

xx

That's good news Janey. Tuna yeah they deff would of changed your meds if they weren't happy with your progress. I feel ok and no won't be testing early after what happened with our last fet. I think I would of coped better if we saw a negative instead of a positive and then bleeding. Hope you all have a good day xxx

Ah yeah I don't blame you, I think you're doing the best thing by waiting it out.

Did they give you any indication of what the embryo was like? Hope it's a sticky one for you guys

x

I THINK I will start down reg my cycle start of June if af is my normal amount of days! Got to ring the clinic on day 1 of my next cycle. Did you have to go for a drug appointment with a fet cycle Janey??
Hope everyone is doing ok xxx

No I didn't have a drug appointment only a consultation (in December... before i knew I was pregnant) but only because it was so long since I had any treatment. I just did a phonecall with a nurse once my drugs arrived to make sure I had everything & to talk to me about administering the injection. I don't live in Liverpool so it was easier. Not long for you ES xxx

Weeks are flying by! No I don't live near the clinic either. I'm a 2 hour car journey away! I had a consultation after retrieval and explained why they decided on FET etc and discussed when it was happening so hopefully it's just a matter of day 1 then getting the drugs sent out. How much are they in a FET cycle ? Xx

Ellie, I hope you can start at the beginning of June! :D It's only 4 weeks away, these few cycles have flew over.

x

Think you'll be same as me then ES, I'm an hour away. Only 2 scans and then transfer. When are you due on? If all goes to plan is 2 months from day 1.
On my prescription I think about £30. It's 40 days worth of 0.5 miles of buserelin injections, 90 tablets of progynova and 60 cyclogest. Have to say waiting for day 23 from day 1 and start of injections to start of oestrogen have taken forever but now it's flying x

How are you doing Rachel? Is the 2ww being kind to you? Xx

How are the stims going Tina? Is your next scan today or tomorrow? Fingers crossed that they are behaving xxx

I'm on day 8 of stims, my next scan is tomorrow and hopefully I should get a date for collection. I'm thinking it'll be monday then transfer a week on saturday if all is well!

Rachel, crossing my fingers for you!

x

Hi ladies you are all getting close now. Exciting. Best wishes to you.
Went for my ultrasound today at liverpool. I had called them and told them everything that had happened but they said to still come for the appointment. Walked in the room and the people had no clue what had happened. Thought I was there for my 7 week scan. What a joke so had to explain all over again. After the scan she asked did I want a follow up with Mr Drakely. I said yes as dh had questions. They then told me I would have to pay to see him again. I said I thought it was free following treatment. They said no because I had got a positive pregnancy test. She said she thought it was a chemical pregnancy which makes sense given the symptoms but my test was positive for over a week later but that is possible too apparantly. I honestly feel like they are all about the money and cant even be bothered once you have paid them. I wish we had gone to another clinic for sure.

That's disgusting babies! I can't believe what I am reading.. so if you have a chemical then you don't have to pay for a follow up but because you got a positive and then miscarried then you have to shell out for an appointment with him? Talk about zero compassion!

We were considering going somewhere else because I too think that as soon as they have your money you're just another number but the next closest clinic to us is Manchester and it's not really ideal for scan appointments etc because it's over an hour away.

I'd definitely be putting a complaint it Babies.

xx

She said you either go the pregnancy route with the positive test and scan or the non pregnancy route with the follow up appointment. I am disgusted to be honest. I was trying so hard not to cry having to explain again what happened. When she said we would have to pay again to see him I nearly burst into tears feeling like we had literally been robbed and all they cared about was the money. The first time we saw him it was 10 mins for the money. There is no way after everything we would want to do that again. To me to go the pregnancy route as she called it would be to see a baby at 7 weeks. No baby should be follow up appointment regardless.
We are not local to the hospital either and did consider other clincs going abroad etc but opted to go there. You always wait ages for your appointment in the waiting room. Only see the consultant once and are then left under the care of nurses and junior docs. Given that u pay 7k for treatment you definitely should see your doctor more I think.

Babies I am disgusted by the treatment you have received. Compassion is so easy to give... Other than my most recent transfer I haven't been impressed by the level of care at Liverpool when the nurse who did my transfer (Gill) was absolutely lovely.

I only have to go to Liverpool for transfer - all my other treatment has been at Chester and the level of care there is second to none. Can't praise them highly enough at all.

Rachel - hope you are feeling nice and chilled.

Not long now Tina and Janey!!!

I'm shocked babies! I can't complain about knutsford (liverpools 2nd clinic) they were brilliant with me. I am glad I decided to have treatment there. I would definitely put in a complaint! Xx

Good luck today Tina... Fingers crossed that your follies are ready for Monday x

Hi girls, back from my appointment with great news!

Some of the smaller follies have caught up, she counted 21 follies in total but I think about 8 of those are going to be under 10mm. I have a nice triple lining and egg collection is booked in for Monday. Just waiting on a phone call to confirm the time.

I was so anxious before I went in, I am relieved that everything is okay.

x

Amazing, so pleased for you chick. It's so hard not to worry isn't it? Every stage is such a challenge. Nearly there!
Bum bullets start for me today... I F**king hate them! x

Eurgh, I hate them too! I will totally be with you though in a few days time. What's next for you janey time line wise? Have you got a transfer date?

Thanks for your well wishes, so happy that we have reached another step!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"