IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Thank you hun :D I will definitely take your advice on the socks, did you try pineapple core in the 2WW? x

Well done Tina, see you did it, your little embryos were perfect. Fingers crossed for Saturday now xx

I've just stocked up on walnuts, almonds, Brazils and pineapples... Not moving after transfer so need everything in... Only one full day now... Feeling nervous & emotional xxx

Eeeek Janey so close now! I'm going to do the nut and pineapple shop before the weekend.

X

Whether or not this made any difference I'll never know but... Instead of my usual legs in th air for 20 minutes routine post transfer instead I got dressed and we went for a little walk around the women's before driving home to get the blood flowing! Then daily walks in the 2ww.

Also don't get too stressed out by the embryo grading... I transferred my "worst" quality so far as a BC and it took when the AB and BB didn't so take it all in your stride and relax! (Please don't slap me ha ha!!) xx

haha tooexcited I wouldn't slap you! You're completely right. The key to success in this journey is staying calm. I was speaking to my sister last night and I said I want to keep busy during the 2WW. If I sit at home that's when the negative Tina starts to emerge so if I can get out for walks and things it's gonna help to keep me sane I think.

Spoke to Mark last night about transferring 2... well I tried to anyway. He just gets angry every time I mention it but it's something that we NEED to speak about before Saturday. He eventually calmed down and said he isn't ruling out transferring 2 but if we've got an AA embie then he would rather transfer 1. I've never had an AA embie! We will see....

Started the bum bullets last night but forgot to bring them to work with me this morning! Mark is going to have to drop them off on his way to work. He's gonna love me!

xx

I know what you mean about staying calm, but I just can't do it. Didn't sleep last night, feel nervous about tomorrow and that 2WW feeling. Doubt I'll sleep well tonight either!
My OH is and always has been the positive one, he has no doubt that this will work, I'm just a glass half empty kind of girl. You know, when you don't get over excited about something, the failure doesn't hurt as much. BUT, I've been trying, so has anyone read or watched The Secret, it's all about believing and receiving... I've tried this and a lot of good has come my way.
I'm grateful for everything, my marriage, my beautiful amazing miracle LG, our lovely life and IVF treatment, but I'm not grateful for IF or for this bum bullet bloating!
I was saying to my OH last night, I just can't imagine not being pregnant again (not meant to be a double negative!!) Was that pregnancy it??? I wish I'd enjoyed it so much more.
Sorry a bit too deep and all of you on here now have been through more treatment than I (and I'm so lucky for that!) so how do you girls deal with the thoughts that this is how it's meant to be? I.e. What you have now is your lot?

Anyway, FET girls, what's the process? What time did they call you? How long after the call, did you have to be at the clinic?

Please can someone fast forward 2 weeks and wake me when it's all over? :)

Janey, it's completely normal to be feeling how you are and strangely enough I was having the conversation with my mum yesterday about this being it for us if it doesn't work. We definitely can't afford any more IVF after this round, think we've spent around £15,000 all in all and that's our limit unless we stumble upon a pot of money on our travels.
I was expressing to my mum how scared I am because I have always seen myself with more than 1 child. I have 2 sisters and I have experienced the close bond that sisters can have and I want that more than anything for Evie. It scares me to think that she will be on her own forever and never experience everything that I have with my sisters.
My mum says that if this doesn't work then we are just going to have to come to terms with it being our destiny to only have the one child. I said to her how am I supposed to watch my sisters have children and my friends have more children and know that it will never happen for us... I don't know how I would deal with that.

So you're not alone Janey, I feel your fear :)

At least we will be in the 2WW together, you're gonna be 2 days ahead of me though

xx

It's a horrible and scary process and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but Janey you just keep busy - even if just a short walk a day, it all helps to keep the blood moving and that helps implantation.

In terms of process I was going out of my mind... Chester warned me the call might be later than previous FET and I'm glad they did. First call was around 12.15pm saying they were taking them out of the freezer, second call was about 40 mins later to say both had survived and we're looking good and booked in transfer which was about 3.30 I think. Very much depends on how busy they are and how many egg collections they have on that day. Keep busy until the call comes. May well be earlier. Keeping my fingers crossed for you both and thinking of you too Rachel. Hope you are doing well xx

Thanks girls... Tina, you'll be testing before me no doubt!!! Lol I wonder what we would worry about without IVF? 2WW sisters? Bum bullet buddies? Pineapple princesses? At least we can worry together! X

Oh man, I was hoping to get it out the way earlier, but it will take me over an hour to get there, plus I need to drop my LG off at my parents and then pick up my OH. So maybe afternoon will be more relaxing? Packing my thick socks, water bottle, roll on deodorant, comfy pants & sharps bin tonight and my LGs bag, so we're ready on standby and I've got loads recorded on sky to put my feet up & wait xxx

Rachel, you must be getting ready to test soon, so wishing you tonnes of luck xxx

Oh and I'm very lucky to have an energetic dog who needs attention and walkies all the time, so will be out everyday. Plus, the weathers meant to be magical this weekend so will be out in the garden soaking up some much needed vitamin D xxx

We were called in really early for our FET, the hospital actually woke me up at 8am saying that they were taking the embryo out of the freezer and then called again at 9.30 to say it had thawed and to be at the hospital for 11. So within 3 hours they had taken the emby out and it was being transferred.

I hope you're not left waiting around all day! But be prepared for that wake up call haha

x

Tina - wasn't your FET on a Saturday though? Do they do EC on a Saturday? I know they don't on a Sunday but not sure about Saturday. It just depends on how busy the embryologists are on that day xx

We were at the zoo today and I saw a woman with around 2.5 year old, a one year old and pregnant. My thoughts were wow that was how easy I imagined it would be. We were walking past a woman picking her kids up from school and she turned to the youngest and in a non joking voice at all said she couldn't wait to get rid of her to school. She clearly didn't need ivf. It does get to you how easy people get pregnant for sure. I'm personally dreading my lo starting school I will miss her being with me all day so much.
I'm at the end of the road Janey re ivf so from my point of view I still feel numb really at the thought I could never be pregnant again and give lo a sibling. There is always hope for a natural miracle but after 7 years I'm realistic to a degree.
I lost my parents in my early 20s and had to go from living with my mum to being completely alone. Now I have my lo and she is the love of my life
As much as I would love another one I am not alone now and having her makes everything shine. While I can never understand how some people just can't get pregnant naturally I just hope that everyone who does ivf gets their rainbow and miracles are possible.

Tooexcited, I can't remember what day my FET was on but strangely enough my transfers always seem to fall on a weekend!
This time around I had my EC on bank holiday Monday, I didn't think they would be open but they were. My transfer this time is on a Saturday too.

Babies, I felt so sad reading your post just then. I feel gutted for you and your OH that you're now at a point where IVF is exhausted and your only hope is a miracle BFP. It isn't fair :( Infertility is cruel, I hate it.

Thinking of calling the womens this morning for an update on our embryos. Today is day 3 and I don't think I can go another 2 days of not knowing! I think they should call you out of courtesy to at least let you know how they are doing but hey, it's the womens we are talking about here!

x

I feel so upset by your post Babies, praying you get a miracle BFP... totally get your point of view in all aspects though. My SIL gets pregnant on demand... I hate it all. Sending much love x

Well girls I'm officially with child...(hate PUPO!) HC called at 9.15am to say they were removing 1 embryo & that they would call me to let me know how it went a little later. So packed up the car, socks, water, walnuts, dog & LG, drove to my parents. Got phonecall at 10am to say embryo had thawed well, so dropped off said dog & LG, picked up OH & got on the motorway. It was a beautiful day, so enjoyed the drive & got to the clinic at 11.30am for transfer at 12pm. All chilled but drank too much on the way so had to empty bladder & start again.
The nurses & embryologists were amazing... i cannot fault any of them. So we have a perfect 3AB blasto on board, the embryologist said it was exactly the same after thaw as when it went in.
I'm enjoying feeling positive as I imagine over the coming days this feeling will dissipate. To celebrate we stopped at the baltic bakehouse in the baltic triangle for a BLT sandwich and after got on the sofa & slept for 2 hours!

Not long now Tina... did you call the HC? x
Thanks for the tips Excited... on the sofa with my socks on x

Yay. Congrats on being pupo Janey! Awesome blast on board! Get chomping on those walnuts and deffo keep those feet toasty. I'm glad you are feeling positive. Keep that mind set!

Sorry I didn't message earlier on today - mental day at work!

Not long now Tina. I assume you didn't get a 3 day call today? Grow embies grow!!

Thanks lovely. Wishing for a quick 2WW!!! Got my nuts & going to bed early with my Zita West IVF CD! Rock 'n' fricking roll baby xxx

Mmmmmm sleep!! That's the best bit! Lots of lovely lovely rest!! Hope that dog of yours has had a walk today!!!

Eeeeeekk yey Janey! Congrats on being PUPO :D :D Feels like it's taken forever to get there haha but Rome wasn't built in a day! You're officially 2 days ahead of me. At least you won't be going crazy alone, I'm here for you all the way!

Excited, no I didn't get any 3 days updates and I decided against calling them because my mum told me off. She was like "Tina, bloody leave them alone! What will be will be, you can't change it so just wait until Saturday" I guess that was me told! However many we have tomorrow is a blessing so I am just gonna wait it out.

I'm going out tonight anyway so that'll take my mind off it. My hubby is taking me to watch The Bodyguard at the Empire in Liverpool then we're gonna get some food. No wine for me though sadly, I'll be driving!

What's everyone upto this weekend? The weather is supposed to be wonderful!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->