IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Lozmo- The "good" thing with unexplained infertility is that there is always chance of a miracle ;-) i know women who have gone through IVF and had a child naturally a few yrs later. My Mum and dad were trying 10yrs for me and could not readily have IVF in those days and here i am ;-) at least the IVF saves all the uncertainty tho as u know it gives u a huge chance. I bet u are sooo excited for tomorrow! wish ours was tomorrow. 2wks seems ages away as i am also very impatient! haha x

Babydust- You are deffo not the only one feeling like this ;-) i get excited every day when i see my PIE ticker saying a day less so god help us when we are waiting for Cons appt! haha. Yeah think our PIE will be the only time dh will take some info on board! bloody men eh?! bury their heads in the sand whilst ours are stuck in the clouds... haha xxx

Hi girls, just poped in to see how every one is? Welcom to all u new ladies!! It lovely to see everyone so exited about starting their cycles. The PIE will explain a lot to u and make the oh listen, lol!!! U usally down reg for about 3 weeks and then an extra week or so on the second lot of injections before egg collection. It's all so complicated when u first get started but u will soon get used to it!! I can't wait to get started on our second round! Not long now!
Africaqueen and Laura - u ok girls? xxx

All ok here Del, just counting down the days till PIE and driving myself nuts! lmao.
Omg i have never been so excited in a long time. After all our heartache last year, i am so glad to have this feeling of hope/fear and butterflies again. Thank god for IVF! hehe xxx

hey girlies!

hope we r all good!

hello and Welcome babydust! sorry forgot to put it yesterday! oooops! xxx

well i can officially ring lwh hospital tomoz and get the ball rolling again! as my period has officially arrived! woop! lol! time to get the drugs ordered once again! and have a stomach that resembles a pin cushion hehe! ive kind of missed the rollercoaster!!
im made up we didnt have to wait till nxt month! feeling great at the mo and lovely and refreshed!! hope all u girlies are feeling great to!!!!!!!

Good luck and ofcourse babydust! xxx
and welcome once again to all u new girlies joining our lil thread :) xxxx

Oooh Laura that is FAB news hun!! cant wait to follow your progress and i wont be far behind u xxx

I know hun,there is hope 4 us! Glad ur ok,u sound so much better than last week! That sea air in llandudno must have done some good! Lol. The PIE letter gives u such a high when it comes through! U finally know that it's all about 2 start. Let's hope we get lucky! I think that we more than deserve it after the year we've both had! Fx Xxx Anyone heard off Becky? If u read this I hope ur ok hun,been thinking about u Xx

Oh yeah i am feeling a lot stronger and hopeful and that sea air plus the PIE letter have contributed! haha. It WILL be BFP city on this thread soon! deffo x
Becky has posted on fb a few times an seems very down. Hope she is ok and picks herself back up soon and comes back x

awwww i noticed that too! :( hope shes ok! and knows we are all thinking of her! xxxxx

very true we sure will!!!!! :) and there will be BFPSssss on our lil thread! the stalks are ready and waiting to drop off there lil miracles!!!!!!! haha xxxx

Lozmo- Hope you are enjoying your PIE :) I expect a full update when u get home ;-) xxx

Hi girls, everyone ok? Did u get through 2 them ar lwh today laura? When will u be starting your injection? Day 21 of this cycle or have they changed your protocol to the short one like mine? Xx africaqueen,how's it going back at work? Xx Foxey hun how are things? Xx

Hiya Del :)

Work was fine today. Nice and quiet for a change! lol. I have tomorrow as a rest day so planning a afternoon out in Southport if the weather is ok. Nice walk and go on the 2p machines! haha. Hows u? Only 2wks till our PIE now! yaaay xxx

hi girlies!

hope we are all good! on my lunch at work today i rang lwh to tell them yesterday was my first day on my period! the woman at the nursing station took all my details as usual, then said i will get the nurse to ring u back y she goes thru some stuff and to get the ball rolling on our nxt cycle!!!! didnt end up getting a phone call back! wasnt impressed :(

gunna have to ring tomorrow on my lunch again! booooooooo! soooo nothing to report back as yet hehe! should hopefully get the ball rolling tomoz hehe!

hope everyones had a good day! xxxxxxx

The phoncalls can be so frustrating at times! It's hard when ur at work and trying 2 get through. Hope u'll get some sense 2moz hunxx Yeh all is well with me thanks Africaqueen,busy day at work and the weekend's catching up with me,lol! Sounds like u have a lovely day planned 2moz! enjoy! XxHad my 4th lot of acupuncture tonight,not convinced with it girls! I'm counting down the days till our hols now,can't wait. Xx

Laura- Do they want you to start on your next cycle just cos u called 1 day after af ??! if so that is crap!! also i hear non stop bad feedback about women never getting through on the phone to HC and surely they need to address this issue? we are scared and desperate enough without the added frustration eh?! good luck when u call them tomorrow x

Del-I was going to give accu a go but to be honest we cnt afford it and i think if we are meant to get pregnant, we will regardless of accu ;-) it can be good for relaxing us i suppose but aside from that its down to mother nature x

Lozmo- Oooh how did your PIE go?? x

I have just got back from my mum an dads so chillin now with a cuppa and gonna go bed soon an read my mags cos im shattered. Glad iv got a nice day planned tomorrow. Hope weather is nice xxx

Hi Africa we've only just got into bed as we didn't stop all day. I can't wait for you to have yours, trying to pass the time is tedious!

The PIE was good and I made a mental note of a few things to tell you later! Big pack of info was given with blood forms for me and DH. SA pot for DH with form stating the date 31/05 that he has to give sample, but we are abroad then so I have to call them tomoro to see if I can change it, argh I didn't want to be awkward!

Laura- A nursing sister was one of the lecturers and she mentioned that they are working on the phone system! They said they are trying to set up a triage process to sort the calls depending on urgency. I can imagine how annoyed I would be trying to phone from work.

Another interesting thing the embryologist said was the choice of embryos whether you have 1 or 2 transferred was all depending on the embryo quality, they seemed to stress this. Also a graph showed the stats of high twins incidence with women under 35 when 2 embryos are put in. (I'm 32 and DH and I had already agreed with each other that we want 2, but now not so sure!). The percentage success of 1 baby was marginally less, so your chances of getting pregnant with 2 embryos didn't seem to be much greater. Sorry if I'm saying things you already know.

The timescale of it from what i understand, would be: have all the tests (so theoretically the SA being the last on the 31st may), then have consultation based on the results someone told me on here it's about 4-6 weeks, then start next AF, then on day 23 start down regulation for 2 weeks, scan, then stimming for two weeks, scan, then EC, then 3-5 days after that ET, then 2ww ... Looking around September that I could be PUPO all being well of course. Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this :blush: I'm so happy and feel privileged to have this treatment, I hope it works for us and we all get what we want :flower:

Lozmo- Glad you enjoyed the PIE an thanks for all the info. Its very helpful for myself and anyone else waiting :)
I estimate my treatment to begin around end of July/August and after reading what you have worked out, i think thats about right. They say that its best to have a cycle during spring/summer as everything is warmer and some people say this increases chances ;-)
As regards amount of embies, we would like 2 returned but will go with the professional advice and if they recommend 1 embryo goes back, that is what we will do ;-)

Off to Southport for the day now :) Is anyone going to the link meeting at LWH tonight at 6pm? its in the Hewitt centre and Mr Kingsland is giving a questions and answers session. A lot of women from another forum i use are going xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->