IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Fab pics hun :) makes me want a hol sooo bad. We were thinking of booking somewhere abroad but i would not want to fly during treatment so we are looking at Ireland probs and go and stay with my cousin or get a good deal for Isle of man for the end of Summer xxx

thanx hun, i know we where told that! i wouldnt fly during treatment, we only went coz we had to wait 3 months to make a start on everything again! had a brill time!

Ireland sounds lovely id love to go there! and isle of man sounds fab to! u will have a brill time! xxx

Good morning ladies! Welcome back laura,hope u had a great time! Fresh and ready to face your next round now hun! xx Africaqueen how u feeling,hope ur a little better after your week off hun. Good news about your dad. xx All is well with me,was out on the town in liverpool with oh and friends last night,had a fab time. Lunch and some shopping before heading home xx

Del- I am feeling a lot better after my week off thank you :) it was just what i needed to get my head together. I am going to have a relaxing lazy day today and im actually looking forward to returning to work tomorrow xxx

Hi! Hope no none minds me joining in here. I have been trying to concieve over two years and have been told I have unexplained infertility by Mr Drakely. We are due to start our first round of IVF this month (I have my drugs appointment on the 24th May). It seems I have been waiting for a start date for ages and now I have it I am so scared (but excited at the smae time if you know what I mean)! I was a little disappointmented that our last appointment was only with a nurse because I was hoping to discuss it all through again with the doctor. She was really nice but wanted us to say whether we wanted two embryos or one putting back. Has anyone got any thoughts on this? I am 30 and husband is 31.

Also I how long will I be downregulating for?

Thanks for any help!

Welcome Cvaeh :)

Ooh you will soon be starting then! we are attending our PIE on the 24th and then its all systems go i believe! seems like forever that we have waited for this treatment too, but soon be reality :) As far as i know, u DR for around 2wks and then they scan u and if all ok you go onto stimms but if slow response they will prolong the DR by a few days?? someone else is probs best telling you, who has been through it tho! lol.
As regards number of embies... i am also 30 and dh 31 and we are going to have 2 embies put back if they offer us this choice. I am hoping they will do if they have offered you the option of 1 or 2 and we are the same age ? I know many ladies who have had twins through IVF and as there is no way of me ever getting pregnant naturally(i have no tubes) we would feel so blessed to have 2 babies as we dream of having 3 children.
Although obviously we would be delighted to be blessed with one. There are risks with multiple pregnancy though so it is a personal choice and you should do what feels right for you and dh xxx

Hiya Africaqueen and hi all, gatecrashing here but I have the PIE on Tuesday, do you think we'll start treatment within 3 months? And by treatment I mean the medications? I hope so as we've already had two SAs, bloods on DH, an HSG, day 3 and day 21 bloods. I don't mind giving them more of my blood lol but I so would like to know what happen next, guess all will be revealed in the PIE!

Hiya Lozmo :)

Treatment legally has to start within 3mths of PIE and that means injecting within that time frame so not long now and i wont be far behind u! we might be bump buddies ;-)
Our PIE is on the 24th. So excited! were all ur tests done at LWH within the last 12mths? if so, you will be able to start quicker than most as usually after PIE you get the bloods and SA done then have a consultant appt around 4-5wks later to get results. If all your tests are up to date, this should make the process a little faster xxx

Yeah we could be! :). We had all our tests through our GP then OBGYN. The first SAs were back in July/Aug 2010 so I would love to know if they have improved with all that DH has done, I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing another either hehe! He has quit smoking, taking Zita West vitamins, had next to no alcohol and we're both more healthy diet wise. My day 21 tests were late last year and day 3 was in April to go with the referral to LWH I was told. But I suppose we'll do them all again, I don't mind I'm just so impatient to start, I can imagine you are the same :)

Oh yeah i cnt wait to just get started! The way time goes so fast tho, im sure we will soon be announcing our BFPS! haha xxx

Hi Africaqueen
Thanks for your reply. I think I will wait and see what happens with our embryos before I decide defiantely one or two. I'm leaning towards 2 at the moment but we have a few weeks to think about it. Good luck to you! I hope it works out for us both x

Hi guys. I see that you are all at LWH. I attended my PIE on 23rd march. My partner and I have had our tests and now waiting to be told when our consultation will be. The bank holidays has really delayed things for us. :cry: How soon after the consultation does the treatment start or do I have to wait another month? I'm finding the waiting to be the hardest part of the whole process. :cry:

Hi
I attended my PIE on the 24th February and am starting down regulating on the 24th May. We went for our joint consultation meeting Thursday and I was told to ring on the first day of my period to arrange a start date which happened to fall on Friday. It all seems to be happening pretty quickly now which is good but scary. Hope you get your appointment soon. Ours was about six weeks after we had our blood tests.

hi girlies! hope we are all good! xx

welcome lozmo, and cvaeh! hello girlies!!! xx

well back to work for me tomoz! boooo! still in holiday mode hehe and abit jet lagged! lol could do with another week off haha! kinda madew up period didnt appear on holiday so will beable to get the ball rolling this month rather than next month when it arrives wooop! cant wait to get the ball rolling again! cycle number 2 here we come!!!! fingers crossed for everyone and bfps to u all!!!! we will see some BFP! before the year is out! i know it! xxxxxxxx

Welcome babydust:) after your consultation they will tell you to ring them on cd1 of next cycle and they will book u in for needles training and u will start DR on cd23 as far as i knw.
So not long now at all ;-) x

Laura- I have a good feeling for this thread this year so come on BFPS! yaaay x
Hope works goes ok for u tomorrow. Im back myself after 9 days off and its always crap the 1st day back x

Im in bed now about to watch "tron legacy" with dh so nite all xxx

Hi Laura :) I'm nervous for tomorrow, is there anything I need to do before or bring to the PIE? I'm glad DH will hear lots of info though rather than me researching it to death!

Ah Lozmo im the same! i bore DH to tears with my IVF knowledge and he never takes any bloody notice as he only listens to "professionals" lmao. So be glad to get to our PIE and he can finally learn more of what is involved :) Good luck for tomorrow!
From what my friends have said, it is 2hrs of listening to different pro's talking about the process with 29 other couples and they give u your consent forms and forms for blood and SA tests etc to do when your next cycle starts. Im sure Laura will fill you in better xxx

:haha: yeah DH's eyes glaze over after a while and I think he half believes me when I tell him things, also have to keep it short and sweet! He's in denial about the whole 'infertility' status, I class us as infertile after 1.5 years of NTNP and another year of TTC but he refuses to believe it. He thinks we can get pregnant naturally after a few more years. I'm 32 he's 41 how long does he want! Doesn't help my argument when BBC newsreader Kate (40) announces a natural conception after IVF failures, and after being told she can't have children.

Anyway going off topic... I can't wait til tomorrow! Want to start the meds ASAP so I can start complaining about them how twisted is that?! Just want everything ... and yesterday.

Hey lozmo, africaqueen is right it is very much a meeting full of pro's informing your of the process. For all of us that have research this to death it will just go over what we already know but all the DH's out there who will only listen to the professionals, it will be a break through. At the PIE meeting it was the first time I saw my DH actually take notice.

The wait is so frustrating and like you I want it all... yesterday! I am due my letter this week to notify me of my consultation meeting and I have never been so keen to see the post man. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->