IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

good luck for EC tomorrow nat cant wait to hear how many eggs you get. xxx

Nat- wishing u a ton of luck for EC tomorrow and cnt wait to see your update tomorrow!
Sending lots of eggies vibes xxx

Nat, hope it went well? u are probs a bit sore an resting but hope ur ok xxx

Sazzle
I didn't know that was the situation in London. What do you mean about negative things about ivf? Maybe i could help you feel better, i'm 36 , bmi over 30, low ovarian reserve (amh). adheshions, 1 tube and one a half ovaries. However 1st go on highest level of stimms we got 11 eggs , 9 fertilised 2 grade A embies transferred on day 3 and now i am 6 months pregnant from one of those so it even if the odds look bad its still possible x

Wow Oneday thats fantastic news - Congratulations, its so nice to hear and its really made me feel better - you've really beaten the odds!! :thumbup:
Regarding the negative comment it was just because everything i've read so far internet / articles are really down on ivf, they tell you about the low success rates, terrible side effects of the drugs and all sorts of things that can go wrong. That coupled with the fact that i work with 2 ladies that have had numerous failed attempts at ivf between them was making me feel a bit hopeless.

Thank you so much for your comment :flower: its really brightened me up and i'm feeling a lot more positive. Please let me know how you get on with you pregnancy xxx

omg i can't believe after 3 years im finally going to write this but i got a :bfp: this morning, its a very faint one but its def there....im going to wait until tmw & test again to make sure im not dreaming

i really can't believe it :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Fantastic news hunm - Congratulations xxx:hugs:

Well what can I say apart from that I feel gutted.
After all the follicles they only got 6 eggs from collection,so upset as they thought I would of got more given my age and follicle size.I have also been told 6 is classed as below average!
Then they told me a high percentage will fail to fertalise or develop.
Then my partner and family don't seem to relies why I am so upset.
The sedation was fine but feeling the pain, also have some blood loss. Had a argument with OH as I feel he has no consideration and quite frankly not a loving bone in his body today. So now all I wanna do is rest but oh no can't do that as his nephews need watching. Today really hasn't been everything I hoped for,silly me I should know by now not to have any expectations lol

Oh well hope everyone else is having a better day
I'll update you later after hospital call to let me know if they fertilised

Hugs
Nat x

I got my call today , after other half gave the perfect sample the idiots still did icsi which I am annoyed with considering 1 of my precious 6 eggs was damaged during the icsi procedure. We lost that egg. Then lost another 2 due to no fertilisation and there is another that is unlikely to make it but they will do another check on it later. As it stands we have 2 embies that are going to be put back in at 3 pm tomorrow, but we have been warned that they could die before then. Ask about qualities but they said they couldn't comment on that until tomorrow.
Feeling gutted as my clinic said my egg reserve was fantastic and my drastic weight loss and given I am young too I should get some excellent results, this dosent seem excellent to me . I am greatful that I have 2 but my expectations were set to high and now I feel gutted

Sorry to moan, thinking of you all
Hugs
Nat x

Oh Nat, i am sorry things have not gone to plan hun.
I know it is very, very hard, but just try to keep in mind that all it takes is one embie to implant and your pregnant. We would never know the quality of our eggs normally that would of resulted in pregnancy. Some women have what seems a "great" chance with lots of eggs etc and still dont get pregnant and some women can have 1 decent embie and that results in a BFP ;-) IVF really is like baby roulette and i pray u get some great news tomorrow and the transfer goes ahead an we see your bfp in a few wks.
Keep us updated and stay positive unless proven otherwise. You need to keep up the fight to be a mum Nat, and it WILL happen xxx

Nat- How did your transfer go? i was sat in the training room in work today and instead of concentrating i was thinking about you! lol. Hope all went well xxx

Nat- How did your transfer go? i was sat in the training room in work today and instead of concentrating i was thinking about you! lol. Hope all went well xxx

Hello Hun

Sorry thought I had replied on the thread lol. Well 2 embies survived , 1 was 4 cell and the other was 6 cell,which is about right for a day 2 transfer. We decided to have them both put back in me, as the 4 cell was very unlikely to freeze.
I am freaking out at the moment, so scared of them coming out even though I was told that dosent really happen. I am laying down now Hun , trying to test but it's so hard omg the next 14 days is gonna be hell!!!
If this dosent work they want me to have 3 bleeds before I can do another cycle.
Bit gutted I didn't have any frosties to fall back on.
I feel like my diet had gone very wrong over last 2 days, need to sort myself out there or they won't let me have another cycle lol

How is training going Hun? Hope it's going well. What type of company you gonna be taking calls for? Training is always fun it's a paid skive lol. Always found training not to be very helpful, I like to just get on the phone and learn as you go lol

Hugs
Nat xxx

Awww im sooo relived that 2 embies survived! yaaay. Hope to god u get a sticky bfp in 2wks time ;-) i cannot imagine how long the next 2 wks are gonna be after enduring all that treatment and then just waiting. I truly wish u all the very best hun x
My new job is goin great. The training has been intresting and we have a laugh :)
Its working for the BBC for the digital switchover. This week we gonna do more hands on training as we have only done the legal stuff and theory so far.
I know what u mean about the skive! enjoy it whilst u can i keep telling everyone! lol.
Its good to be busy as it takes my mind off things when im in work.

Did the transfer hurt? would u say sedation blocks out all pain with the EC or just some? just preparing! lol xxx

hey nat

well done on the transfer, im sorry things didn't go to plan with the collection but as african queen says it only takes one to stick....i had 16 eggs collected & only 4 ended up surviving the nurses said that as i had so many it most likely reduced the quality of the eggs - they were all grade 3.
i know how your feeling right now, ive done the 2ww twice & its so much more intense than then normal 2ww, you put so much effort into a IVF cycle & then its just down to nature. the only thing i can suggest is to make plans & keep busy..trust me it won't completely take your mind off it, nothing will but it helps a little bit.
best of luck xxx

Nat- How r u coping with the 2ww? i have everything crossed for hun and cnt wait to read good news! PMA all the way for u and ur beanies xxx

Hello lovely ladys

Thank u so very much for all your lovely posts.
Sorry not updated over last week, been very tired but nout new there lol
I am now on day 7 only another 7 to go....well if I am honest I have done a test just to check if all hcg is out of my system and it is yippee so I figure if I test at day 10 and it's bfp then I know it's not a false reading from the hcg medication.
I am thinking that it's not gonna be posative, I just have a gut feeling and no symptoms either.
How is everyone and African queen how's the job going Hun?

Hugs
Nat z

Hi again ladies O:)

Did anyone have IVF due to a low sperm count?
We've just been offered tamoxifen or IVF.

:flower: x x x

Nat, Glad u are surviving the 2ww! I would not worry about having no symptoms as it would be sooo early if u were pregnant ;-)

My job is going really well. Nearly finished the training so start the actual role on thursday next wk :)

Just wondering if anyone else is panicking about these IVF cuts? dh said he had seen somewhere that other PCTS may follow warrington... if so we are going to have to bring our cycle forward. I am going to have to loose this weight fast and get in the system as there is no way we could afford IVF ourselves... i feel rushed now and really worried :-( xxx

africaqueen my OHs specalist told us that we should consider that it could very well be suspended in Liverpool and we should consider this when making our decision about which option to take. . .

I want IVF, OH wants to try tamoxifen :(

x x x x

Hi girlies well i'm gutted to be back from my jollies to this miserable weather, Just trying to catch up with everyone I think I'm up to date sorry if I miss anyone out.

OneDay I will have a look at MFS I said I'd give the womens another go afterall the IVF did work just not in the right place. If I did move clinics do you think I will need to have all the pre treatment tests again because they are expensive on their own xxxx

NatP I hope your feeling OK I thought the 2ww was awful and it didn't end there for me because we had another week and 1/2 before we knew what was happening. I wouldn't worry too much about symptoms it was into my 5th week of pregnancy that I started to feel slightly sick but I felt nothing in the 2ww. I thought I was tired but that was because I sat on my arse for the whole 2 weeks. So stay positive and i'll keep everything crossed for you xxxx

Africaqueen i'm glad that your new job is going well it's one less thing to worry about xxxx

Wrightywales your nearly there how exciting, I can't wait to start meds again I think just the fact that things are moving along makes you feel better. Goodluck with starting the injections xxxx

Hollee congratulations on your BFP enjoy every second of it, it is the most wonderful feeling xxxx

Well i'm back in the Womens on Tuesday for my follow up appointment to find out what we can do differently next time I really want lot's of nice healthy embies this time so we can freeze some fingers crossed xxxx

A familie member works within a pct and she seems to think that other pct are gonna follow in Warringtons way. I heard on the news bury pct were considering cuts on fertility treatment too.
If I wasn't already having treatment I would be hurrying my treatment along before any other nasty pcts cut the funding. I am thinking if this cycle isn't successful I will be pushing for my final go incase funding gets stopped iykwim?
I wish when I left school and went out to work someone had recommended private health care as the Nhs/pct is pants

Hugs to all
Xxx

hello ladies

Natp - congrats on being PUPO hun hoping your taking it easy and praying you get your BFP on test day. i didnt get any sysptoms until after the 2ww on both my BFPs so i wouldnt worry to much about that. xx

Africanqueen - glad new job is going well xx

Bugs - hope you had a lovely holiday. good luck with you fu on tuesday. im also at the womens on tuesday what time are you there? xx

AFM well my drugs have arrived :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: i thought it was gonna be a little box not a big bag full lol. just been having a good look through it all. so im on
fostimon 150iu - 2 vials a day to stim ovaries - only have 10 days worth
centritide 0.25mg - 1 vial to stop ovulation - only have enough for 5 days
cyclogest - progesterone suppository
so the countdown til drugs appointment starts only 3 days to go :happydance::happydance::happydance: and then hopefully AF in less then 2 weeks. now its starting to feel real 2 weeks and hopefully i will be injecting again cant wait to get started

:dust::hug: to all xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"