IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Maaybe- How old are u and ur dh? The "cut off" for IVF on the NHS is 37 i think and im not sure about IUI etc xxx

I'm 21 and OH is 23.
I think I read for any sort of treatment you must be 23 and I also read 25 somewhere too.

:flower: x x x x

I am really angry about Warrington pct. I had to pay for my ivf privately as i already have a child however this will affect a friend of mine they have fobbed her off from the last 18 months and now she won't even get to go on the waiting list for ivf. I think Warrington can get away with it as they don't actually do the ivf they just refer people to LWH so they will just stop refering people and i guess tell them their is nothing else they can do for them.

Bugs- Just wondered how u ended up with a punctured bladder from IVF?

Good luck to all u ladies having treatment now. Is it 2 or 3 cycles that u get free on NHS?

xxx

Hi Africaqueen, When I had surgery to have the ectopic removed they did keyhole surgery and slipped right into my bladder, I'm all better now but it was painful at the time xxx

OMG! that is terrible! with my second ectopic i lost a fair bit of blood when the took the cyst frm my ovary but that is terrible they peirced ur bladder! i had keyhole with both and luckily it went smoothly as could be expected. Glad u are better nw.

How bad is it, that they have stopped free IVF treatment in warrington pct?! It was on the news before and the comments frm the public were terrible, saying 'why dnt these ppl just adopt' and 'ivf should never be funded' and ' its not a womans right to have a child, it's a privilege! makes me sooo mad that fertile people have such a opinion when they aint got a clue!!:growlmad:

xxx

OMG I am furious what nasty people are out there....I hope karma comes round and bites them on the ass.
Do you come under Warrington PCT? hope not hun,if you do find a relative in another area and register at there address and GP's

hugs
Nat xx

i was really annoyed :growlmad: when i saw the news on the tv about Warrington PCT , I'm from Warrington and have been referred to Liverpool already apparently because there was nothing more Warrington could do for us!! We have to pay privately as my Hubby has 2 older teenagers from a previous relationship which seems a bit unfair but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the money together. I was disgusted looking at the differences between the UK healthcare trusts! In London apparently you can have up to 4 children between you from previous relationships and they will still give you 3 free go's at ivf. All the people making nasty comments have obviously not been in this situation and i hope you're right and it comes back to bite them on the bum!!

On a good note though we've got our letter through for the first consultation at Liverpool at the end of September - I've been a bit down previously as all the info i read about ivf has been a bit negative but i've decided to make myself stay as positive as possible so I'm sending everyone on here good vibes and wishes :happydance:x

Ladies can I ask a question (you may notice I pop in here occasionally O:))
How long was it before you were ready to get started on ICSI or IVF?

We're on our 20 month TTC and lost our first pregnancy in June at around 7.5 weeks. . .
We're under going tests which have come back pretty normal, OH has a low count but apprently it's only slightly low :wacko:
And I'm waiting on a HSG.

I think they'll probably offer clomid at our next appointment if my HSG is clear. . .?
But I'm wondering how long it will be until we move onto other treatments if that fails?

:flower: x x x x x x

hey hun

my situation is a bit different because they found i have pcos & endo & DH's side of things isn't great either. the investigations took the longest, waiting months between each appointment but once we were referred to the hewitt centre it was really quick & straightforward. we attended a information evening & then started on the next cycle.

i really hope things start moving for you, its so stressful just waiting around for things to happen.

xxx

Hello lovely ladies

Well I am not sure how I feel about my scan . So this was my 1st stimm scan after being on menupor for 7 days...Doctor said follicles were all tiny but there were lots on both sides of the ovaries. They took some blood to see what's going on and are going to call me back before 4pm today, to let me know wether to up the dose of stimms. I am currently on 2 vials of menupor which is a small amount,doctor seems to think that maybe adding another vial may increase growth!!! I have to go for another follicle scan on Friday and now he thinks ec will be Wednesday instead of Monday as they originally thought. Did anyone else experience a similar situation where their eggs grew with a upped dose part way through. I also thought 7 days of stimm was a little to soon to establish how many follicles etc....or is this normal too.
I also discussed my preference for general over sedation, I think I made a fool of myself because I started to well up in my eyes and got the dreaded lump in my throat....but I told them I was scared of sedation due to past experiences...they said they would try and do general if there was a theatre and some one could administer it available.
So today didn't go to plan as I am still non the wiser about how many follicles are there . Roll on Friday, hope they hurry up and call me to let me know my blood results

Hope your all well
Hugs
Nat x

Hi Nat
im sorry your apointment didn't go well.

i had a scan after 7 days on the menopur & had a similar scan i was on 2 vials aswell, i think they do a scan that early because of the risk for people over stimming...& getting ohss. try & be reassured by the fact they are doing the cycle for what suits your body best & its not just one size fits all. what did they say when they called back?
i hope they consider your history on sedation when they book it for you & arrange for a general, i had sedation but was lucky enough was out for the count the whole time.

xxx

Sazzle
I didn't know that was the situation in London. What do you mean about negative things about ivf? Maybe i could help you feel better, i'm 36 , bmi over 30, low ovarian reserve (amh). adheshions, 1 tube and one a half ovaries. However 1st go on highest level of stimms we got 11 eggs , 9 fertilised 2 grade A embies transferred on day 3 and now i am 6 months pregnant from one of those so it even if the odds look bad its still possible x

Oneday- Congrats! what a wonderful success story!
I have no tubes but other than that me an dh have no issues and il be 30 when we start treatment next year :)

xxx

Maaybe- How old are u and ur dh? The "cut off" for IVF on the NHS is 37 i think and im not sure about IUI etc xxx

I'm 21 and OH is 23.
I think I read for any sort of treatment you must be 23 and I also read 25 somewhere too.

:flower: x x x x

Yeah i think they would say 21 is too young for IVF but u may get IUI hun.
Good luck xxx

Sorry did mean to update last night but was so tired.
The hospital called me back telling me to stay on my 2 vials of menupor and not to up dose. I asked why when Doctor said upping my dose will make my follies grow!
She said my bloods come back in correct range,they were looking at estrogen .... There range is between 1 and 5000 and my bloods read at 1200 so was within range.
Haven't got a clue about this test,has anyone else had it?
So I am hoping come tomorrow my follies have grown .
Thanks for all your advice ladys

Hugs
Nat x

Hope it is all going well for you Nat!

We have decided to try our 1st cycle of IVF in july/August now rather than may, as we have a lot going on before that and want to enjoy life without more possible heartache and medical issues. DH and I are going away on holiday for a wk in March, its my 30th birthday in May, in June i am going to benidorm with 15 girls for a friends hen party and then the wedding is in July so want to enjoy these things with no stress really xxx

hello ladies

hope your all well

just a quick post from me AF arrived yesterday and have a drug appointment on the 14th of september. they are not sure what protocol i will be on this time yet if it the long protocol then i will start down reg 17th september but if im on the short protocol i will be starting stims end of september cant wait to get started

thinking of you all :dust::hug: xx

omg i can't believe after 3 years im finally going to write this but i got a :bfp: this morning, its a very faint one but its def there....im going to wait until tmw & test again to make sure im not dreaming

i really can't believe it :happydance::happydance::happydance:

OMG Hollee!!! i am so happy for you! was it from your FET cycle?? awwww what a fab bank holiday wkend u are having. Sending you a load of sticky vibes and when u get the darker test result post a pic! congrats xxx

omg i can't believe after 3 years im finally going to write this but i got a :bfp: this morning, its a very faint one but its def there....im going to wait until tmw & test again to make sure im not dreaming

congrats hun :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: xx

Fab news:happydance::happydance::happydance:

hello ladies

hope your all well

just a quick post from me AF arrived yesterday and have a drug appointment on the 14th of september. they are not sure what protocol i will be on this time yet if it the long protocol then i will start down reg 17th september but if im on the short protocol i will be starting stims end of september cant wait to get started

thinking of you all :dust::hug: xx

Aww thats good news hun
Keep us updated ,I wonder what protocol they will go with
hugs
Nat xx

Hope it is all going well for you Nat!

We have decided to try our 1st cycle of IVF in july/August now rather than may, as we have a lot going on before that and want to enjoy life without more possible heartache and medical issues. DH and I are going away on holiday for a wk in March, its my 30th birthday in May, in June i am going to benidorm with 15 girls for a friends hen party and then the wedding is in July so want to enjoy these things with no stress really xxx

Sounds a good plan hun,you have a busy 2011 lol
hugs
Nat xx

Hello Lovely ladys ,sorry not been on for a few days.Things have been manic here.Just catching up on everybodys news....so I will try and reply to everyone hugs
Nat

My update:

As for me,well EC is tomorrow at 10.30pm arghhhh so nervous.

I had my final scan yesterday after having stimming for 11 days on menopour. The scan itself showed my left ovarie was being lazy but the right made up for it.
The previouse scan showed 40 follicles but only ten were above 10mm.....well those 10 follicles have grown,which is fab but a bit disappointed the others didnt catch up....but I know i should be greatful and I am.
I am just a bit concened I may loose some of the bigger follies that were about 24/26 mm before EC.They didnt mension it but surely it could happen right??????
I took my HCG shot last night at 10.30pm and my last brusalin at 5pm,so will enjoy a day off today from injections "very happy about that"
Will my follices continue to grow right up until egg collection or do they stop when HCG shot is given????
Oh he seemed to think that I would get about 8 eggs but that was just a guess,I wa wondering what percentage of follicles generally have eggs in them? Has any stats been published about this

I am staying in bed today and resting because I am begining to feel uncomfortable down below plus I am feeling run down and ended up with a cold sore,arghhhhh so nervous about tomorrow.
Oh how long after collection do they let you know how many eggs were in the follicles? I hope they tell me tomorrow

hugs
Nat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"