IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Hi girls
Am new to this forum, but have been reading it for a few weeks now. It's good to hear what others are going through, you certainly can feel quite alone on this journey!
My DH and I have been referred to LWH due to DH's motility issues, so we're looking at ICSI I reckon. Have been to the PIE, think I went to the same one as you Africa. Sorry to hear that things have stalled for you. It just feels like hurdle after hurdle doesnt it?
Waiting for AF to arrive so that I can go for bloods and get ball rolling.....bored of waiting!! xx

Thank you so much for all your well wishes. I shall keep u informed. I can't sleep, iv had a few hours and the annoying thing is OH is sleeping like a log. Iv secretly kicked him a few times to wake him up but nope.... Nothing. Is that really mean of me? :muaha:

Welcome Jane, the ladies on this site are extremely helpful and it really is a comfort to know you can speak to someone that understands u. It has really helped me especially when it came to passing the time and All the lovely comforting words really help. :hugs:

Does anyone know if you can travel abroad when you are taking the ivf drugs? The leafles say no, but Mr Lewis Jones suggested that it would be ok. Anyone done it before?

Thanks girls xx

Hi ladies, hope you all had a good day. Mine went surprisingly well. Went to see mr Gazvani and the meeting was quite quick, he basically looked through my forms and told me that I will need the ICSI process as there seems OH has a sperm count slightly lower than normal but nothing too alarming. He felt ICSI would be best.

I asked him about time off work and he said once you DR you will go in for approx 3 scans before they do EC. The first will be the baseline scan which will be a few days after DR and then another few days after to see if everything is ok and then another few days after to see if your ready to stimulate the follicles. (I think, this is what I sort of understood :shrug: )

I was then sent to the nurse who went through all the forms again to make sure everything was filled out correctly and I had done all the bloods needed. Thankfully that was all fine. I now have to ring back on first day of cycle (which is due any day now) so they can order the drugs and book me in to see the nurse about training. I start DR on day 23. The nurse said when i come in for training I will get a calendar which will tell me exactly what to do on what day. Mr Gazvani has told me not to worry and he will be there to hold my hand throughout the whole process. Iv told him I'm going to hold him to that :D

Sorry for going on.... But I hope this helps and makes sense to all of you that are not familiar with the process.

I am just so excited :happydance:

oooh, very exciting for you babydust!! All system's go - nearly! I think that when I go for my appointment, assuming it takes 1 month or so from bloods, I'll be on day 7-10. Would I be able to start that month?

Sounds as though a hol is out of the question, due to the scans etc xx

Hi Babydust

Glad everything went well for you today! Sounds like I will need to go to the hospital a few times before egg collection then but not everyday which is a bit of a relief!

Jane22- I'm not sure but I think they may ask you to wait until your next cycle because you have to phone the hospital on day one to order your drugs. They may do things differently for you though x

Hi everyone, hope you are all well, I've managed to get through a day without any side effects which is good. Hopefuuly I've only got five more days of this down regulating! Did anyone have to down regulate for longer than three weeks?

Yay Babydust that sounds great, glad it went well for you and im glad he seems so nice. I think unless dh sa improves we may be in the same boat unless something suddenly comes up about me, all been fine so far but i dont take anything for granted anymore.

Lots of luck and :dust:

Hi ladies, hope you all had a good day. Mine went surprisingly well. Went to see mr Gazvani and the meeting was quite quick, he basically looked through my forms and told me that I will need the ICSI process as there seems OH has a sperm count slightly lower than normal but nothing too alarming. He felt ICSI would be best.

I asked him about time off work and he said once you DR you will go in for approx 3 scans before they do EC. The first will be the baseline scan which will be a few days after DR and then another few days after to see if everything is ok and then another few days after to see if your ready to stimulate the follicles. (I think, this is what I sort of understood :shrug: )

I was then sent to the nurse who went through all the forms again to make sure everything was filled out correctly and I had done all the bloods needed. Thankfully that was all fine. I now have to ring back on first day of cycle (which is due any day now) so they can order the drugs and book me in to see the nurse about training. I start DR on day 23. The nurse said when i come in for training I will get a calendar which will tell me exactly what to do on what day. Mr Gazvani has told me not to worry and he will be there to hold my hand throughout the whole process. Iv told him I'm going to hold him to that :D

Sorry for going on.... But I hope this helps and makes sense to all of you that are not familiar with the process.

Yey thats brill hunny, not far behind me hehe! thats great news!:thumbup: xxx

Hi girlies,
how r we all?

hello and welcome jane22 and babies7777! xxx

im ready for the weekend now hehe! am sooo tired this week! zzzzz

hope we r all good! xxx

hi girls,how's everyone feeling today? Welcome jane22,I also followed the thread for weeks before posting,I should have done it when doing my first round of ivf! It's nice to have the support of others going through the same thing and also there are so many questions and things you want to know the first time. I hope u find the thread helpful. Xx how's thr DR going ladies?,quiet a few of u at rhat stage,Laura - DR can be very tiring cant it,take care hun,it will soon be Friday! Xx All is well with me,busy time of year at work! Loads of reports to write!! X

Hi girls :)

Welcome to Jane22 and babies7777 :) nice to see some new faces with us x

Jane22- what date was your PIE? ours was 24th may i think :) you would remember me as me an dh were the only mixed race couple there if we attended the same one ? x

Del- I am doing ok thanks. Was super sad over the delay but at least i know im doing everything right and we will get there in the end. I have my MMR jab tomorrow morning so not relishing that but all worth it! DH had his SA and bloods today so got the blood form for a repeat rubella which i will know when to have based on what nurse tells me at my gp's tomorrow. Nurse at HC said it probs is 8wks wait after the jab to get my blood tested again but she said go by what the nurse tells me tomorrow. How are u doing? x

Laura- Hope jabs are going well x

Polly- it will all come right in the end. Just lots of red tape first x

babydust- hope all well with u x

Hi to everyone else xxx

Hi girls - thanks for the warm welcome!!

Am a little bit frustrated now, thinking that when I finally do get my consultation that it'll be ANOTHER month before anything happens! I am so impatient. Am sure before long I'll be sick of all the needles and moaning about that too!

Africa - yes, we went to the same evening, I remember now, you were sitting in front of us!

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Hi Girls

WEll i am a little happier now as we had an appointment from LWH yesterday. we have our appointment on July 18th but unsure what this appointment is for. All the letter said is that we have an appointment to attend the clinic of Dr Lewis-Jones at 2pm on that date.
Does anyone know how the appointments work there, some people have said the first letter they had was to attend the PIE in an evening then an appointment with a consultant, others have said they had a consultant appointment first, aaaaaaaaaahhhhh its all so confusing so if anyone can shed any light on this for me i would be greatful.

Africa - the 8 weeks will fly by for you and you can get started after having your MMR

Good Luck to everyone else.xx

I am sat here in floods of tears. Just cant stop. Went to Dr's to see nurse an get my MMR jab and she didnt end up doing it cos she said i would have a jab today, then have to go back in 3mths for another jab and then have my blood tested for immunity 2mths after that so at least a 5mth delay on even getting the result back. I am devastated as i had got my head around 8wks but 5-6mths before even seeing consultant? :'( :'( :'( I just cannot stop crying. The nurse at Dr's said to call HC and ask if i HAVE to have the jab as she said there have only been around 12 cases of rubella in England and wales in the last yr so it is hardly a likelyhood of getting it.
She said that if they insist on me having it i can go back to her and she will give me the jab but that means we will not be having tx this yr :'( I called HC and got the clerk who was very nice seeing as i was in floods of tears(over a hr ago an still cant stop now) and she said she will get a nurse to call me back asap as they are all with patients at the moment. I just pray that allow us to start tx without the jab. I would not be leaving the country during pregnancy anyway and our Rubella rate is next to nothing. Not sure on the legalities of it tho.
xxx

Hi girls! Just popped in 2 see how u all are. Africa hun I feel for u,I'm sending u a big hug,is there anyone at home with u? Wait and see what HC have 2 say first. Didn't realise it would be such a long drawn out process to get it done. Let me know how u get on hun xxxx Polly - if u have consultation first u will then have the pie letter if they feel that u need treatment. We had the pie first then consultation. Dont think it makes any difference. We saw Dr lewis jones too. He is very good.
Hi to all the other lovely ladies! xx

The nurse from the hc called and mr kingsland will not allow us to have ivf unless i am immune so we will not be having ivf this yr. I am devastated. my heart feels broken an i cannot stop crying. i am home alone cos dh works away an my dad is caring for my mum. i want to be alone tho. the light at the end of the tunnel has gone for me. i am beside myself.

oh Africa, thats not the news you wanted to hear at all. sending big hugs to you hun.xx

Thanks for that Del, well hopefully they will feel like i need treatment otherwise my gynaecologist wouldnt have referred me would he as it would be wasting time.

Just on the count down to the appointment first and taking every step at a time.

Me and my wife are off to Newquay on Monday for a week so at least that will keep us busy and not thinking about how long left etc.x

AfricaQueen im so so sorry that has happened. I had to have the MMR vaccine as i was going to university to do my nurse training and the nurse said at my gp practice, i could have the second dose 4 weeks after the first as i was in a rush as i needed to start in the September, i also found this link for you that said the same. I dont know whether because its for IVF they are wanting to wait longer to be sure but it might be worth while speaking to the gp/nurse and saying can you not have the second after 4 weeks, This is the link which also mentions the 4 weeks. https://www.immunize.org/askexperts/experts_mmr.asp.

Lots of hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"