IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

I got my Rubella result in today and i am not immune so i have to have a vaccination on thursday at my Doctors and then i have to contact the fertility clinic 8wks after the jab so they can test my blood again so its a long way off for us now. I am so upset and pissed off with everything being so complicated!! I will check in from time to time to see how u all get on but we wont be starting treatment intill around sep/oct now. I wish you all the very best with your forthcoming cycles and just so wish things could of been different for us xxxx

africaqueen, I'm sorry to hear that! :( I know how frustrating it can be to keep getting your plans pushed further and further ahead. Especially when you finally thought that you were on your way! :(

Sept/Oct will be here before you know it! :hugs:

Africaqueen - So sorry to hear it wasn't good news for you! xx

I am so sorry to hear that africaqueen, it can't be easy but you have to remain positive. Think about it... you now have more time to get yourself as fit and healthy as possible so you so have an increased chance of getting a BFP.

U will be in my thoughts and prayers :)

awwwww sarah, im realy sorry to hear that hunny! cant beleive it, stay positive hunny! keep ur chin up, and take care of urself and it will soon come round! xxxx

Hi girls!! I'm back!!! lol! Had a lovely time in Ibiza, got back this morning, loads of washing to do now!! Feeling relaxed and ready to face my next round! Need to phone Liverpool on the first day of my next period to get things going.

How's everyone doing??? I've just had a quick look at the posts, sounds like there's a lot going on!!
Africa - How u feeling? sorry to hear that things are not going to plan hun :hugs:, it can be so copmlicated with all the tests! Sept will soon come round. Hope things are as best as they can be with your mum xxxx

Laura - How's the DR going hun??? Exiting stuff!!!! I wish u all the luck in the world hun. Hope ur feeling well and that the mood swings aren't to bad! Hehehe. I was awful when i DR'ed! xx

Babydust - u ok hun?
Foxey - Hope all is well with u xx
Hi to all the other ladies on this thread x

hi girlies,

hope ur all good and have had a lovely wkend!!

sarah- hope ur ok hunny? ((((( hugs))))) xxx

Del- glad u had a lovely holiday hun! DR is goin good hunny not had any mood swings yet but had a few hot flushes hehe! i mainly get mood swings on menapur, thats when i turn into a softy and cry over stupid things haha! looking 4ward to that again! :) xxx

Hope all u girlies are well! anyone been upto ewt nice over the wkend? xxx

Hi girls

Hope everyone has had a good weekend although the weather has not been going great!!!
I will be counting days down now waiting for my letter from LWH. Just hope mr lewis-jones doesnt gave too much back log and i will get an appointment soon. Feels like forever.
Glad things going ok for you Laura.
Africa, september will be here so quick hun.

Is anyone on a second IVF treatment? If so is it funded or are you having to pay? We are starting to worry about the funding things and we havent even had an initial appointment yet.xx

stickypolly- we are on our 2nd nhs funded cycle! xxx

Hi everyone! Just a quick question to everyeveryone thats had one IVF cycle. When you start stimulating how often do you have to go for a scan to check how your follicles are growing? I'm just trying to work out how often I'll need time off work to go so I can warn my boss in advance. Its one of my busiest (and most stressful) times of the year because I organise all the sport and competitions so think am going to have to ask for some help this year!

I am on day 13 of down regulating and I feel like I've put on about half a stone even though I've eaten no more. I daren't stand on the scales! Did anyone else put weight on when down regulating?

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Thanks for that Laura, that answer gives us some hope that we could possibly got 2 finded via the nhs. Does it matter what pct ypu fall into? Some have bern saying that it does.

Thanks again.xx

Hi StickyPolly

We are only on our first IVF cycle but have been told our PCT offer two cycles paid for at the moment so yes I do think it depends on the PCT.

Hi Cvaeh

Where abouts are you from if you dont kind me asking? Just wondering which PCT u belong under?

Thanks.x

Hi everyone

I have just been referred to LWH and have my first appointment this month, not sure what treatment we will be having yet but was hoping i can join u all.

Lots of :dust: to us all.

Hi

StickyPolly- We come under Lancashire.

Babies7777 - Welcome!

Welcome babies

You have an appointment this month with LWH? When did you get referred and which hosp have you got referred from?

Hi Cvaeh

Thanks for that, i am under mid cheshire so unsure how i can find out about funding.x

Thanks for the welcome :)

Polly I am under Merseyside and my gp referred me- i havent been assessed for what treatment we would need yet other than blood tests, sperm anaylsis and i have an ultra sound booked, so i dont know if maybe thats why your appointment is taking longer as they know you need a specific treatment or something?
Did you get your appointment with the choose and book system as my gp surgery uses that and its direct to the hospitals so they tell you when your appointment is before you hear from the hospital.

Hope you get your appointment soon.

Hi Babies

Maybe thats why you have had that appointment as i am in a same sex marriage using a donor and i have have the internal ovary scan etc as we were referred from The Gynae consultant as our local hospital. we have had all blood tests done at our local hospital but may need more who knows.
The other reason its taken longer for us to see the fertility consultant is he has been on hols and only came back today so although my referral was sent off he wasnt there to receive it!! lol
Prob different situation also as we would have to look into sperm side of things as in using their sperm bank.x

Hi Polly

Hopefully when he is back from hols he will sort yours out. Its so hard waiting when its all you want.

Lots of luck for when you do get it.

Hi Babies

Maybe thats why you have had that appointment as i am in a same sex marriage using a donor and i have have the internal ovary scan etc as we were referred from The Gynae consultant as our local hospital. we have had all blood tests done at our local hospital but may need more who knows.
The other reason its taken longer for us to see the fertility consultant is he has been on hols and only came back today so although my referral was sent off he wasnt there to receive it!! lol
Prob different situation also as we would have to look into sperm side of things as in using their sperm bank.x

Hello lovely ladies hope your well and a massive welcome to babies7777.

Polly have you managed to find out how many cycles you get. It maybe useful to ring your doctors surgery or the person that referred you. Like cveah I am also part of Lancashire and have been told I get 2 cycles on nhs. I was told it was either 5iui treatments and 1 IVF cycle or 2 cycles. We decided to go for IVF as that had a higher success rate.

I have my consultation on Wednesday. I'm absolutely bricking it.

Cvaeh your question about scans once you stimulate - I will ask on Wednesday as that is something I would like to know too. I have an IVF book which I have listed a loadnof question the poor doctor will be relieved when I leave. I have that many questions I just hope i have enough time to ask them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->