IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

Africaqueen I am so sorry to hear about ur delay. Sending you lots of :hugs:

Hope everyone else is ok. Great news about you letter polly

Hi everyone

We saw the new gp today after the disaster with the last one we registered with. This one was tons better and agreed to refer dh for the bloods and ultra like my previous gp said he had to have. Its shocking that when you move gp practices they can just disregard your old investigation plan, thankfully this new one seems to be much more sympathetic and understanding.

Hope everyone is well x

Forgot to mention i also had to have the immunity blood test afterwards and it came back fine so having the second jab 4 weeks later still worked.

I so hope they can help you sooner,

xx

Hi girls :)

Babies7777- you are so right on this one! the nurse from the dr's called me a few hrs ago and told me to go back up and have my mmr jab and that she can do the 2nd one in a mth an then i can be tested at the HC 3wks later and wait for treatment to start as all will be fine then! so only a 2-3mth delay rather than mths which is fab!! i am so happy.
I still wish we could of started in July's cycle of course but i am just glad we stand a chance of being pregnant for christmas which is our dream to enter the new year with a due date for our baby xxx

Babies7777- Glad u got ur immunity back ok an that all is moving forward x

Africa thats great news that the timescale has now been halved for you both.x

Cant wait for our appointment but dont know what to expect.
After speaking to the woman from my local pct i was bit disheartened but like my wife said if the gynaecologist didnt think we needed help he wouldnt have referred us.
Hi to everyone else how are we all?x

Polly- if u have a cons appt they will want to do their own batch of tests if there is no obvious fertility issue an then after all that is done they will either offer u IUI or IVF. Depends on tons of factors. You are on the right path now an thats the important thing ;-)
The waiting drives u mad but good things come to those who wait apparently... lol xxx

Yay im so pleased for you. I thought when i saw that i had to tell you that you could have it after the 4 weeks as it was only 2007 when i had it so not like they could have changed protocol so soon. She did say ideally they want you to wait longer but thats not always possible and when they checked my immunity back then it was fine so i dont really think it made any difference not waiting the longer time. I dont think people realise how much wanting a baby consumes you, its all you think about and when someone tries to either delay it or take it away its terrible, noone realises unless their in the same boat thats why forums like this are so important.

Cant wait to hear you getting your bfp and everyone elses soon too.

xx

Hi girls :)

Babies7777- you are so right on this one! the nurse from the dr's called me a few hrs ago and told me to go back up and have my mmr jab and that she can do the 2nd one in a mth an then i can be tested at the HC 3wks later and wait for treatment to start as all will be fine then! so only a 2-3mth delay rather than mths which is fab!! i am so happy.
I still wish we could of started in July's cycle of course but i am just glad we stand a chance of being pregnant for christmas which is our dream to enter the new year with a due date for our baby xxx

Babies7777 u are so right! its all i think about day and night. How long did u wait to have ur blood tested again after the 2nd jab? nurse told me 3wks is fine? xxx

Me too, its all i want.
It was about 2/3 weeks yes because i remember we had to have the immunity check done before we were allowed to start at the hospital to check we were covered. It seemed funny having the mmr at our age i feel sorry for babies they have to have so many needles. Have you had it done now? she told me to drink lots of fluids and take some paracetmol as it can sometimes cause a temp. I felt ok but think drinking lots of water throughout the day after i had it helped.

xx

Babies7777 u are so right! its all i think about day and night. How long did u wait to have ur blood tested again after the 2nd jab? nurse told me 3wks is fine? xxx

Yes i had the 1st jab today and 2nd one on 6th July :)
Didnt even feel the needle go in! lol.
Just cannot wait to get started! i wake up sad every day cos im not pregnant xxx

Africa thats great news bout your jabs at least its halved the waiting time now.

We cant wait to go to our appointment although dont know what to expect to be honest.
Also feel a little disheartened as after speaking to the woman from our local pct she has left bits of doubt in my mind that we wont get treatment but if my gynaecologist didnt think we had fertility issues he wouldnt have referred us to LWH in the first place surely.!!!
So how is everyone else?x

hi girlies how r we all!!

sarah- awwww, this is brill news hun! made my day! that will fly by hunny!!!! xxxxx

hope all u girlies are good! xxx

Me too and i see baby bumps everywhere, i want one!!

Thats great and so much better than 3 months :happydance:

xx

Yes i had the 1st jab today and 2nd one on 6th July :)
Didnt even feel the needle go in! lol.
Just cannot wait to get started! i wake up sad every day cos im not pregnant xxx

Morning girls :)
Im off to work soon till 8pm so will pop back on later. Just wanted to wish everyone a nice day and say thanks for support yesterday when i was so upset xxxx

Sorry to hijack your thread ladies.....but I just wanted to wish you loads of luck Sarah! Didn't know you'd started already. So so excited for you!!!!! :hugs:

Glad ur feeling a little more positive Africa,worried about u yesterday xx hi to everyone else! It's Friday girls,woohoo! xx

Hi everyone!

Glad to hear you've had better news Africaqueen!

Just a quick question to everyone. I've been down regulating for 17 days and yesterday I had sharp pains in my right ovary for a few hours. I've not had it at all today. Has anyone else experienced this? I've also had a bit of spotting today which could be my cervical erosion because I regularly get spotting but I am not sure. I read on the information leaflet that the meds could cause break through bleeding. I am a bit worried I've developed a cyst and I'm worried its going to hold things up. I go for my basline scan on Tuesday so I am hoping I can start stimming!

Isi- Thanks for popping by! i have PM'd u and i LOVE how your ticker is developing!

Girls- Isi is my friend from another board and she is having twins after her 2nd cycle of IVF so she truly is a success story for us all ;-) xxx

Hi everyone!

Glad to hear you've had better news Africaqueen!

Just a quick question to everyone. I've been down regulating for 17 days and yesterday I had sharp pains in my right ovary for a few hours. I've not had it at all today. Has anyone else experienced this? I've also had a bit of spotting today which could be my cervical erosion because I regularly get spotting but I am not sure. I read on the information leaflet that the meds could cause break through bleeding. I am a bit worried I've developed a cyst and I'm worried its going to hold things up. I go for my basline scan on Tuesday so I am hoping I can start stimming!

hiya hunny, ive had pains hun on each side, dnt worry bout it, itl just be the meds hun im sure, i had slight pains last time to and also had a normal period when DR! ive started spotting and cramping today so period must be due! booooo! hope this helps hunny! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->