• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI @ Liverpool Womens Hospital

AFM well my drugs have arrived :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: i thought it was gonna be a little box not a big bag full lol. just been having a good look through it all. so im on
fostimon 150iu - 2 vials a day to stim ovaries - only have 10 days worth
centritide 0.25mg - 1 vial to stop ovulation - only have enough for 5 days
cyclogest - progesterone suppository
so the countdown til drugs appointment starts only 3 days to go :happydance::happydance::happydance: and then hopefully AF in less then 2 weeks. now its starting to feel real 2 weeks and hopefully i will be injecting again cant wait to get started.

I'm in at 9am, Did the womens supply your meds coz they sound different to what I had and do you only down reg for 10 days whats the difference 10 days would be fab xxx

gutting im not in til 3pm. im on the short protocol hun i dont down reg at all which is great for me no hot flushes :haha::haha:

africaqueen my OHs specalist told us that we should consider that it could very well be suspended in Liverpool and we should consider this when making our decision about which option to take. . .

I want IVF, OH wants to try tamoxifen :(

x x x x

I have a horrid feeling that LWH will suspend treatment next yr too... as soon as my bmi is below 30 we are booking the appt and getting on that list and i hope we manage to get at least 1 cycle before it is stopped. I should have my bmi below 30 by dec/jan. It is terrible they should do this! as if it is not devastating enough to lose my fertility, now we could lose the chance of getting pregnant ever again :-( unbelievable!!

Nat, i hope u are doing well and i pray u get your BFP! Bugs and wrighty, best of luck to u both xxx

africaqueen my OHs specalist told us that we should consider that it could very well be suspended in Liverpool and we should consider this when making our decision about which option to take. . .

I want IVF, OH wants to try tamoxifen :(

x x x x

I have a horrid feeling that LWH will suspend treatment next yr too... as soon as my bmi is below 30 we are booking the appt and getting on that list and i hope we manage to get at least 1 cycle before it is stopped. I should have my bmi below 30 by dec/jan. It is terrible they should do this! as if it is not devastating enough to lose my fertility, now we could lose the chance of getting pregnant ever again :-( unbelievable!!

Nat, i hope u are doing well and i pray u get your BFP! Bugs and wrighty, best of luck to u both xxx

Hey Hun

I feel so sick with worry if this cycle hasn't worked, had a conversation last night and it seems central Lancashire my pct are looking to suspend fertility treatment argh..,, I would be effected as I haven't registered or started my 2 nd attempt. If this dosent work I have to have 3 bleeds before they can register me for 2 nd cycle....shitting he'll that's months away. I am more desperate now than ever before for this cycle to go well.

Hun as you know I had a B M I of 42 and now it's 28 just under what they want. I know how hard it is to loose weight and to do it quick, wish I lived near by so I could try and help Hun...

I would recommend low low carb diet aka dreaded Akins , try and get some xenical weight loss tablets from gp ... And hammer the gym. I can't believe what stress the PCT are putting us all under. I am getting right back on the weight loss if I get a BFN, there is no way I want them to refuse me.
Your doing slimming world right? It's great diet but slow results with me. I lost so much more per week on Atkins.
I had a look at private treatment and there I'd no way we can afford it.

I am lucky and praying my 2 little embies are doing well but life has taught me life us cruel and shit so don't have alot of hope

Hope your ok Hun and I have every faith you will get your BMI down for Dec....
Please keep me updated
Hugs
Nat x

My OH has had a massive turn around and we're going to opt for IVF O:)

How long is the waiting list. . . ?

x x x x

You should have started treatment within 18 weeks from referral under the nhs pathway

Hugs
Nat x

gutting im not in til 3pm. im on the short protocol hun i dont down reg at all which is great for me no hot flushes :haha::haha:

Oh well i'm sure our paths will cross at some point hopefully in the labour ward LOL xx I'm going to discuss the different protocols tomorrow the short will be much cheaper xx

Hello lovely ladys

When is it beneficial to do short protocol?
I heard if you got minimal eggs at collection then short protocol is the way to go ,is that right?
Is there any other circumstances they would allow short protocol?
I only collected 6 eggs on long protocol, do you think they will consider me for short protocol next time round. ...,that's if I don't get my bfp ,which I doubt I will the way I feel at the moment.
Definatly sounds better to go thru short protocol for both time and money, does it reduce costs by that much?

Hugs and hope your all well
Nat x

Thanks Nat. Yes i am doing SW. to be honest if i stick to it 100% i lose around 4-5lb per wk so not bad. Usually i go a lil off track and lose around 2-3lb tho.
I am deffo gonna be aiming to lose it as fast as poss tho and im joining the gym near work next wk and gonna go for a hr 3 times a wk after work. I am going to do what it takes to get pregnant and get us our baby.
I know how sad an cruel life has been for us, but i am praying like mad that u are preggy. I would be overjoyed for you.
The PCTS are shit what they are doing! i hope whoever voted this goverment in are happy with the results so far! xxx

hi ladies

natp - hope your relaxing in your 2ww hun. i was told anyone with less than 5 and more than 15 eggs where to be put on short protocol. i produced 23 so thats why im on short. i will be glad to not do down regging but still end up doing 2 jabs a day for a few days. i have my appointment tomoz so will know more then. xx

africanqueen - good luck with losing the weight hun xx

bugs - when i am preggers :winkwink::winkwink: i wont be in liverool i live in north wales so will be having the baby at my local hospital. liverpool just abit to far for me :haha::haha::haha: takes me nearly 2 hrs to get there for appointments but hope our paths cross at some point at liverpool would be nice to meet a few faces off here xx

well got my appointment tomoz i know its only my drug appointment but im so excited then its only count down til AF and then it all starts again woooooohooooooo

:dust::hug: to all xxxx

Ladies I have another question :blush:

If your having IVF is on the NHS, does a FET count as 'one cycle'.
Would you get one IVF and then one FET?
OR IVF, then FET then another IVF (if the first two are unsusscesful of course) :wacko:

1 full ivf cycle includes 1 fresh cycle and 1 frozen cycle

so far ive had 1 fresh 2 frozen and all i have left is a fresh so if i have any frosties and this cycle doesnt work i will have to go private to have them transfered which is alot cheaper than ivf

so far ive had 1 fresh 2 frozen and all i have left is a fresh so if i have any frosties and this cycle doesnt work i will have to go private to have them transfered which is alot cheaper than ivf

I didn't know that. . . I actually only asked because I had seen the procedures you'd had on your sig O:)
That's good news to me, technicially gives us four chances (as long as I have enough eggs!) O:)

I didn't know that. . . I actually only asked because I had seen the procedures you'd had on your sig O:)
That's good news to me, technicially gives us four chances (as long as I have enough eggs!) O:)

will be [-o<[-o<[-o< you have little frosties left hun but im hoping you wont need them https://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/reiki1.gifhttps://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/reiki1.gifhttps://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/reiki1.gifhttps://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/reiki1.gifhttps://static.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/reiki1.gif xx

Aww thanks hun! :hugs:

I hope you get pregnant with quads this time round! :shock: :haha:

:kiss: :hugs:

Wouldn't you just looove to see the reaction. . ?!
I know I would :haha:

Oh well never mind Wrightywales, How exciting for your meds!!!

Well my appointment today was OK Mr Kingsland advised us to wait till January to do next cycle which is a bit disapointing as I wanted to crack on but he said i've got to give my body a chance to heal from the op which makes sense I suppose. I asked about the short protocol coz I got 17 eggs last time but 9 of them were premature but he said I will stay on long but they'll reduce stimms to 2 menopur a night instead of 3 like I had last time. So it's another 3 months of waiting for me :wacko:

I also asked about NHS cuts and he said he was very nervous, Warrington PCT had a contract with LWH for 100 cycles and cancelled them at the drop of a hat coz they couldn't afford to pay for them, He was concerned that other PCT's will follow suit !!!!

Why oh why am I so stupid...
Confession ladys, I did a hpt on Friday and Saturday to see if the hcg had left my body,this was a week past transfer at the point of testing....it returned a negative result so was confident any future testing would not have been effect by hcg injection or would it!!

Well today I felt like pants and decided to buy a first response pregnancy test that can give posative results 6 days before period is due...
I did it about an hour ago and 2 pink lines appeared aka pregnant..... So I then did another test using a clear blue digital using the same sample of urine.... And it came back as not pregnant!!! Baring in mind it states do not use until first day of missed period.

I am kicking myself in limbo and don't know what to make of it all. I got told to test Thursday by clinic but that wouldn't be 2 weeks if I had my egg transfer on Friday 3rd is it???

I am so confused

I don't even feel pregnant not like I did with the others, not sure what's going on?

What do you think ladys, apart from me being stupid by testing now and not Thursday!!

Hugs to all
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"