IVF in june/july 2012

Been lurking for awhile. I go in for my baseline tomorrow to hopefully starts meds on Monday, the 9th. We are strictly mf but my husband already had his tese last week so we have three vials of frozen sperm. Yeah! Very nervous and excited.

Congrats to everyone who is in2ww or pupo. I hope to be there by the end of this month.

hey all
on day 1 after ET, back to work tomorrow...
slowly trying to get back to normal..and really trying to keep my mind busy with anything but pregancy thoughts!!!

dont feel anything diff at all, not bloated today which is great...
just so nervous, the clinic rang today we have 7 frozen....so thats good news..
roll on the 16th for blood test,my clinic doesnt do beta testing...so it is really a waiting game.

hope all is good with everyone

Wow it all happens so quickly. I am day 4 of bravelle/menopur. They increased my dosage yesterday. I have us & be tomorrow to see what's cooking. Good luck to the two week waiters.

MsTx- good luck with the next beta!

Jesdene- welcome. The menopur stings for me too.

Missannabelle- We aren't doing ICSI. I guess they think DH levels are good enough. I think the only reason they told me my first estrogen level was because I was asking about OHSS. Although I think I'll ask for all the estrogen levels from now on since is nice to have another indication of how things are going.

Amylou123 - I will have to ask them what the estrogen levels are tomorrow when they call. I am a little worried because I just lowered my follistim to 125 from 150 last night and I was supposed to go back Saturday for an ultrasound, but the nurse called today and said to lower my follistim down to 50 and come back in tomorrow for bloodwork. Should I be worried? If my levels are high - would they cancel my cycle? Is there anything I can do or eat the help?

Missannabelle- I think OHSS is a risk later in the cycle, especially with the trigger. It sounds like they might just be adapting the meds to work with how your body responds- hopefully they'll be able to change things up a bit and get things on the right track so you won't have to worry about OHSS later. I know it's stressful but try not to worry (i know... easier said than done)

Just venting for a moment... :cry: difficult time with Aetna Specialty Pharmacy yesterday and today. I had my first US after stims yesterday and my IVF nurse called and said my Estrogen was 573 and seems like things are progressing and they actually want to see me Sunday a.m. not Monday. But also said I needed a little more stim meds from pharmacy to get me through first of next week. Well long story short and many phone calls, the Aetna nurse basically told me that she won't send more meds and sounds like I'm not progressing and given my age if the stims I'm on aren't working that maybe protocol won't continue - (I'm 38). Of course I burst into tears (thanks hormones). Trying not to listen to her since she isn't my nurse and she is working for the insurance but it was hard to listen to her say all that and I feel like she gave a bit too much of an opinion without talking to my Dr. office about it first. Really stressed me out but I'm taking deep breaths and headed to acupuncture soon so that will help too. I'm not going to be discouraged and I"m going in on Sunday AM for another US to see if my follies are progressing. Here's hoping...

Hope all the rest of you ladies out there are having a good Friday and in good spirits!!! :thumbup:

So I am so excited right now. Just got th call from the clinic and levels looked great and I can start meds on Monday. Can't believe we FINALLY get to start our first cycle. Have a great weekend everyone!

hopefulgirl- So sorry you are having trouble with your supplier. I wouldn't worry about what they say and just listen to your doctor. They know what they are talking about. I almost had to buy more medicine and I had 14 mature eggs. Sometimes they just have to adjust the dosage. You can always have them call it into a different pharmacy and pay out of pocket if your insurance is not willing to cover it. I know its not ideal but you dont want to turn back this late in the process. Good luck!

Hopefulmama- Yay! That is great news! Congrats on getting everything started. It goes by faster than you think it will. I remember getting that same call and now it seems like its been quite a while. Good luck on your cycle!!!

Thanks ms tx. I've seen all of your posts and I hope your beta goes well tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thank you so much, i sure do too! I will post as soon as I hear anything :)

Hi Lovely's finally got AF today :)dohh:) and will be starting the birth control on Sunday. Anyone remember having any side effects from it all?

So excited to get this IVF/ICSI journey started :happydance:

Prayers and Blessings,
~Angie

Good luck to you! I had side effects from the birth control. It made my boobs very sore and I was very hungry the whole time I was on it. I had only ever taken it for 1 month so I felt a difference but it wasn't bad.

Good luck to you! I had side effects from the birth control. It made my boobs very sore and I was very hungry the whole time I was on it. I had only ever taken it for 1 month so I felt a difference but it wasn't bad.

Yikes and I already gained 12 pounds from the dang "Clomoody" (Clomid)
Poo! I only have to take it for 3 weeks so hopefully I can maintain my weight.
Dr says I am right where I need to be weight wise.

Thank you. Good luck with your Beta. Was this your first round of IVF?

~Angie

No problem :) I gained about 10lbs when i was doing clomid aslo. This was my first round of IVF. I lost both my tubes to ectopics 5 months apart so IVF was what we needed to get it done. I have to say, after 3 1/2 years of TTC I really do feel like this is it for us. Thanks for the luck :)

No problem :) I gained about 10lbs when i was doing clomid aslo. This was my first round of IVF. I lost both my tubes to ectopics 5 months apart so IVF was what we needed to get it done. I have to say, after 3 1/2 years of TTC I really do feel like this is it for us. Thanks for the luck :)

:hugs::hugs:

:happydance: You got this!

Never2late what kind of bcps are you on? I was on apri and didn't feel much effects. Of course I was on bcps forever and actually liked being on them bc my skin was really good. Only three weeks on them and you should be fine.

Never2late what kind of bcps are you on? I was on apri and didn't feel much effects. Of course I was on bcps forever and actually liked being on them bc my skin was really good. Only three weeks on them and you should be fine.

Not sure. I will take a look when I get home from work. Something with estradiol I know that :shrug:

Just venting for a moment... :cry: difficult time with Aetna Specialty Pharmacy yesterday and today. I had my first US after stims yesterday and my IVF nurse called and said my Estrogen was 573 and seems like things are progressing and they actually want to see me Sunday a.m. not Monday. But also said I needed a little more stim meds from pharmacy to get me through first of next week. Well long story short and many phone calls, the Aetna nurse basically told me that she won't send more meds and sounds like I'm not progressing and given my age if the stims I'm on aren't working that maybe protocol won't continue - (I'm 38). Of course I burst into tears (thanks hormones). Trying not to listen to her since she isn't my nurse and she is working for the insurance but it was hard to listen to her say all that and I feel like she gave a bit too much of an opinion without talking to my Dr. office about it first. Really stressed me out but I'm taking deep breaths and headed to acupuncture soon so that will help too. I'm not going to be discouraged and I"m going in on Sunday AM for another US to see if my follies are progressing. Here's hoping...

Hope all the rest of you ladies out there are having a good Friday and in good spirits!!! :thumbup:

I use Aetna Specialty Pharmacy too and they are never very pleasant. I feel your pain! When they leave messages, they give you no information at all just a call back number. I felt really clueless each time having to call back in and saying I'm guessing this is what they wanted me to call for. Also, when I had to do a rush order on meds since my trigger date got pushed back they were rude and kept saying they didn't know if they could process it in time when I told them my doctor had sent it in 2 days prior (Aetna just let it sit and never authorized it). I am glad we have some coverage but they could definitely treat their customers nicer!

Hi Lovely's finally got AF today :)dohh:) and will be starting the birth control on Sunday. Anyone remember having any side effects from it all?

So excited to get this IVF/ICSI journey started :happydance:

Prayers and Blessings,
~Angie

I had side effects on BCP too - breast tenderness, bloating, headaches, and change in what foods I like. They weren't terrible but I was glad to be done with it!

MsTX - Good luck with your next beta!

I'm still trying to wait patiently but this 2ww sucks! One week to go. I tested out my trigger this morning so not sure when I'll test next week.

Hi all!

I had my last scan today and ER is now on Tuesday at 9am. Not a huge amount of follies(only 6) but hopefully there will be one good one there!!
Any advice for ER??

Thanks, xx

Hello! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing today? I am waiting on the call for my second beta results!

everhopeful- Good luck with your retrieval!

Drsquid- How are you doing/feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"