IVF in june/july 2012

I didn't have a catheter after transfer and that 30 minutes afterwards was a pretty uncomfortable wait. I had hubby count down for me so I knew when I could get up and pee!

doc didnt have me lay there at all.. once they are in.. they arent going anywhere.. got up within 5 min.. both stuck btw

I had to stay still for 15mins following the transfer.
On a related note -
Okay, so I did a day of bedrest retrieval day and my re told me bedrest was not neccessary after transfer, but I spent the day on the couch and took a nap and took it easy. A lot of women are told complete bedrest for 3 days the day of transfer and the next two days. What did everone end up doing? I was pretty sick with the medicine last week, so I was stuck in bed and I am tired of resting :( lol

i hopped right onto public transportation and went and sat in court all day

Wow, and you are pregant with twins? How many eggs did they put back and what number were they, if ya don't mind sharing:)

i put back two.. number? well i did a day 5 transfer two grade 1 blasts. didnt get letters or anything with them.
my blastshttps://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4056/photo1jcp.th.jpg
my us https://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5563/photo2gja.th.jpg

So happy for you. That is awesome!

i put back two.. number? well i did a day 5 transfer two grade 1 blasts. didnt get letters or anything with them.
my blastshttps://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4056/photo1jcp.th.jpg
my us https://img820.imageshack.us/img820/5563/photo2gja.th.jpg

I haven't had retrieval yet but I was told two days of taking it really easy. They don't want me on my back the whole time...just chilling on couch and they call it "princess" time. Have DH bring me whatever I want. No stress and just chilling. Sounds good to me!

On a related note -
Okay, so I did a day of bedrest retrieval day and my re told me bedrest was not neccessary after transfer, but I spent the day on the couch and took a nap and took it easy. A lot of women are told complete bedrest for 3 days the day of transfer and the next two days. What did everone end up doing? I was pretty sick with the medicine last week, so I was stuck in bed and I am tired of resting :( lol

Question??
I had my trial transfer yesterday and they were talking to me about the actual transfer. I have to have a full bladder for it. They said that helps with the view of the uterus and flattens it to make the transfer easier. I'm all fine with that part. It's a bit uncomfortable but I can deal. However they threw me for a loop when they told me that because I will have to lay there after for 30 minutes that they will put in a catheter so I can pee! WTH?! I wasn't expecting that and it kinda freaks me out!! Not that ER doesn't scare me too, but at least I won't be conscious. Has anyone else had to have a catheter? Please tell me it sounds worse than it is?

Hi there. It is much better to have catheter put in when you are under. It is far from comfortable when you are awake and they are putting it in Taking it out wasn't too bad and when it is in, it is weird but barely noticeable. Good luck.

Hi everyone. Haven't been on for awhile and seems like so much has been happening. Here is my latest update...
Started follistim on Monday
Added menopur injections Wednesday.
They have had to up my follistim a couple times. Right now I am at 275 and 75 of menopur. They put me on folgard pre-natals as well. I went to RE office today for bloodwork and ultrasound and so far no action with the ovaries. Fingers crossed they start getting busy soon. My estrogen level is still pretty low but going up slowly but surely. Today I was at 47 and on Tuesday I was at 30. Hopefully with the med adjustments things will look better saturday at my next appt.
I start ganerelix once my follies are at about 14mm and then progesterone etc,
So far estimated egg retrieval is July 21st with transfer 4 days later.
My bleeding has finally stopped thanks to all the added hormones. That was a rough 3 months.
Hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. Good luck and baby dust to all!

Hi all- on my way for ET!! Sticky thoughts for me please!! Xx

On a related note -

I only did one day of bedrest and even that day I wasn't fully on bedrest. I layed around on the couch pretty much all day and only got up when I had to. By the next day I was sick of it and hubby and I went out that day.

Hi all- on my way for ET!! Sticky thoughts for me please!! Xx

Good luck!!

Good luck newbiemum! Have you done your trigger yet?

Congrats Rae! Those digitals are the best! There is nothing like seeing that word "pregnant."

L4Hope - when I had my trial transfer, they just let me up afterwards. However, I did have a catheter put in when I was having my son and prepping for a c-section. It was uncomfortable, but not painful.

Miss Annabelle - my doc said 1 day bedrest/taking it easy on ER day, 2 days bed rest following ET.

afamilygal- glad you are feeling better! :hugs:

I'm sorry if I missed anyone - lots of :hugs: all around!!! I'm still sleepy. ;) These are the days when coffee would come in handy. Oh well! LOL!

AFM - I have another scan/bloodwork today. Yesterday I had a 20, two 18s, 17s, 16s and on down the line. My estrogen was around 1700, up from 1200 the day before. So we'll see how big they got and I'm guessing they will have me trigger tonight or tomorrow night. Hoping for tonight mostly b/c I want to get this trigger shot behind me (no pun intended! :haha:) That needle scares the you-know-what out of me. I'm such a weenie. :blush:

Is everyone drinking coffee still? I cut down to one cup a day, but am feeling guilty. What is everyone else doing?

Ever hopeful - Good luck with your transfer!

Hoping - That needle scared me to!! The whole time I was prepping I was saying 'It's way too big', 'It's going to hurt'. Even when the time came I kept begging for a few more minutes since I didn't think I was numb enough from the ice. Looking back on it I feel like such a big baby because I seriously didn't feel a thing. I don't know how that is possible with that giant needle but I really didn't. I would just suggest lying on the floor (so you have a hard surface), ice the spot for a few minutes, and don't look (unless of course you're giving it to yourself). Its over super fast!

MissAnnabelle - I don't drink coffee, just soda, but I cut out caffeine completely. I didn't want to deal with the caffeine withdraw during everything else. It gives me really bad headaches.

Ever hopeful- good luck with the et!! Sending sticky thoughts your way!

My clinic has us lay down for 15 minutes -no catheter- that sounds worse than a full bladder!

Thanks for sharing ladies. Every doctor does things so differently! Since I'm pretty sure I'll be conscious for the transfer I think I'd rather hold it than have the catheter...or pee my pants!:haha:

Just got the call from my doctor - our 6 embies are coming along and I'm scheduled for a 5 day transfer on Monday. Hoping we have two great ones so we can put both in.... good luck everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->