IVF in june/july 2012

Hi Everhopeful

Thank you :) This is my first shot at IVF. I have been on clomid before and conceived twice on it but very sadly they were ectopics :( I only have one tube left and my consultant thinks it could be damaged (hence the second ectopic) which is why I'm here. But I'm staying very positive and hoping that a miracle happens.

Looking forward to chatting with all the ladies here.

Carmen. x

Hi Carmen,

Similar story here! I had an ectopic and lost my right tube. My left is not very healthy so IVF was our only option. First cycle for me also.

Good luck!

Mrsmoose- I totally feel you girl. I just went through my first round of IVF after 2 ruptered ectopics so unfortunately it was my only option. Sometime our tubes just dont work the way they are meant to. Its crazy how much one little thing can affect everything so much. Good luck, im praying for you!

Good luck to all you girls going through your transfers and retrievals. I know I don't have too much to say on here right now but I am always on reading about everybody's progress in their cycles and I keep each of you ladies in my prayers.

raelynn- Fingers crossed for you that your beta doubles like it should. I had a low betas before, it went from 7 to 13 to 31 to 64 and on up to well into the 200's before they would leave me alone. Unfortunately I had a heterotopic (one in the uterus and one in my fallopian tube) so baby never got a heartbeat :( It can happen so keep that pma because 14 is greater than 5 and we all know what that means. My prayers are with you.

afm, I am just anxiously awaiting July 25th so I can have my us and see my baby/babies heartbeat/s. Trying to stay positive and just grateful to have made it this far.

Mrs moose, Carmen and everhopeful wishing you luck as you are approaching ER and ET time!! I will be a week or two behind that. Anxious to start stims this week!

Mrs Tx Im sure you are more than ready for the ultrasound to see your heartbeat/s! I know for me at least while I'm nervous and anxious to get my bfp, I will be equally as nervous to see a strong heartbeat and make it to 12weeks.

Rae, I hope you're weekend is helping to distract you and pass the time until Monday. I truly hope to hear good news that your beta has doubled or more by Monday!

Gncope we are basically on the same schedule. I'm on 225 of follistim and 75 of menopour. Go in tomorrow for day five us and bw with tentative Er on 7/20 and et on 7/23 or 25. It's so nerve wracking. Glad to have someone pretty much right with me. Good luck!

I am now on 375 follistim and 75 menopur. I went in today and they finally saw follicles! There had to be at least 15-20 but they are still only about 8-10mm so they bumped up my Meds. They are hoping by Monday they will be at 14mm and then I start ganerelix. Still aiming for retrieval near the end of the week. Ovaries are killing me. They feel very heavy and they still have more growing to do.
Good luck and keep me posted.

Today was a beautiful day in arizona. We got some much needed rain and it was so much more bearable here. Being from Canada I don't handle the heat well. I actually was outside all night...bbqing at a friends and swimming. It was great!
I had more bloodwork and ultrasound this morning and things are looking really good. The other day they could barely even see my ovaries, never mind any follicles in them but today there were at least 15-20! They are still pretty small...8-10mm but they are there! My left ovary was hiding and boy was it painful when they were moving that thing all around "in my business" trying to get a peak. They raised my Meds again and I go back on Monday. We are looking at doing egg retrieval later in the week :)
Fingers crossed they all goes well.

PS-wowsers my ovaries are hurting...they feel so heavy. Ouch!

I'm starting to get uncomfortable too. I'm going attempt to clean and do laundry today. Will do it slowly but want to do something. Sick of laying around. Gnope did they start ganirelix with you yet? I did one last night and one this morning. They kept my follistim the same and upped me to two vials of menopour. The nurse said this is normal when they start the ganirelix so I think I'm on track. Have us and bw tomorrow. I'm hoping now that I started the ganirelix thatnill be triggering on Wednesday and Er on Friday. We will know after tomorrow. I'm ready to get to Er. I hope all is going well for everyone today.

I'm starting to get uncomfortable too. I'm going attempt to clean and do laundry today. Will do it slowly but want to do something. Sick of laying around. Gnope did they start ganirelix with you yet? I did one last night and one this morning. They kept my follistim the same and upped me to two vials of menopour. The nurse said this is normal when they start the ganirelix so I think I'm on track. Have us and bw tomorrow. I'm hoping now that I started the ganirelix thatnill be triggering on Wednesday and Er on Friday. We will know after tomorrow. I'm ready to get to Er. I hope all is going well for everyone today.

They want my follicles to be at 14mm before they start ganerelix. I am thinking tomorrow we will start after my bw and us. My ovaries feel like they are weighing me down. Hehe. I am very determined to get this house cleaned today but wow, it may be a slow process. I am ready for ER too. Good luck!

I am on day 14 of stims & got instructions for another day! Oh boy! I thought I was going to trigger Thursday! Maybe tomorrow...

Newbiemom, I'm sorry they have you on Stims for long. Was your dose too low in the beginning? I hope you get to trigger soon!

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great weekend!

I got the all clear to trigger last night which means my ER is tomorrow morning! Ahhh! Very excited - and nervous too. Praying for good quality eggies.

On a side note - I was TOTALLY freaking out about the size of the HcG needle and I honestly didn't feel a thing. I though my hubby was kidding when he said it was done. I wish all the stim shots in the belly had been so gentle!

Hoping- how exciting!! Hope it all goes well gor you tomorrow!

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great weekend!

I got the all clear to trigger last night which means my ER is tomorrow morning! Ahhh! Very excited - and nervous too. Praying for good quality eggies.

On a side note - I was TOTALLY freaking out about the size of the HcG needle and I honestly didn't feel a thing. I though my hubby was kidding when he said it was done. I wish all the stim shots in the belly had been so gentle!

Good luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well

hoping4baby2- good luck tomorrow! I know what you mean about the needle for the trigger. I was a complete wimp leading up to it, but it actually wasn't that bad. I think icing the area may have helped.

only thing about the hcg is it tends to bruise and be a bit sore the next day, so dont be too surprised

Newbiemom, I'm sorry they have you on Stims for long. Was your dose too low in the beginning? I hope you get to trigger soon!
I was on 125 bravelle & 75 menopur with small increase / decreases. We will see what they say tomorrow.

Thanks for the trigger shot update. I am totally freaked out.

General question:

How bad are progesterone shots compared to stims?

Newbiemum- I have the progesterone suppositories so I'm afraid I can't help with the injection pain question. I'm sure someone on here can help! Xx

Rae- the very best of luck to you today!! Fingers crossed for you! X

I was on 125 bravelle & 75 menopur with small increase / decreases. We will see what they say tomorrow.

Thanks for the trigger shot update. I am totally freaked out.

General question:

How bad are progesterone shots compared to stims?

Seriously trigger shot is very little pain like the Stims, although I do find that the menopur burns a bit. I haven't started progesterone shots yet but apparently they hurt more because they are oil based so it is thicker and slower to get through needle. I hear icing it doesn't help too much because you don't want the oil to be cold. Heating pad after should help. My progesterone is in oleate so it isn't supposed to be as painful.
I have done progesterone creams before and they are not a big deal, just messy.

Just found our last embryo didn't make it to freeze! Gutted but praying I don't need it and that this cycle works!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"