IVF in june/july 2012

Thank you! Just got the fertilization report, of the 11, 9 were mature and 6 fertilized with ICSI. The lab wants another day to decide if I'll be a 3 or 5DT, so tomorrow we'll know more. We're only putting one back in; I have juvenile diabetes (type 1) and I had a rough time being prego with my son (i had pretty bad hyperemesis) so DH was really adamant about not upping my already high risk status any further by having 2 in there. So I'm just on pins and needles hoping and praying the lab identifies that one perfect embie to nestle back in me. I'm 35, so doc feels 1 is still ok for me, but...

OK, enough worrying about what if... time to focus on and be happy with what is. I'm excited and encouraged by today's update, but 4 1/2 years of TTC this baby is wearing me down and my heart breaks a little more each time my son asks me when God will give us our baby like all of his little friends families. Ugh.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Hoping- that's excellent report! Fingers crossed they keep growing for you! Xx

Thank you! Just got the fertilization report, of the 11, 9 were mature and 6 fertilized with ICSI. The lab wants another day to decide if I'll be a 3 or 5DT, so tomorrow we'll know more. We're only putting one back in; I have juvenile diabetes (type 1) and I had a rough time being prego with my son (i had pretty bad hyperemesis) so DH was really adamant about not upping my already high risk status any further by having 2 in there. So I'm just on pins and needles hoping and praying the lab identifies that one perfect embie to nestle back in me. I'm 35, so doc feels 1 is still ok for me, but...

OK, enough worrying about what if... time to focus on and be happy with what is. I'm excited and encouraged by today's update, but 4 1/2 years of TTC this baby is wearing me down and my heart breaks a little more each time my son asks me when God will give us our baby like all of his little friends families. Ugh.

That is a wonderful report, we are icsi too. Congrats and hoping those little embies growing strong!

Just got the call about our other four embryos and none of them made it. Pretty devastated, feel like our doctor made it seem as if two were really promising yesterday and not sure about the other two. He may have just oversimplified since he wasnt sure and we were starting our transfer. The person who called wasn't our nurse and she bluntly just said no embryos frozen so quick and matter of fact like. We were very confused... had to call our regular nurse to get our report and explain a little more more. I think it is hard for some people to remember what this news means to us. Trying to focus on the precious two transferred and hoping for the best. Beta seems far away...

Hopeful - So sorry about your other embryos and about the way they delivered the news. Hoping that your transferred ones are getting comfy so you won't need a backup.

Hopeful girl- I had similar news, although not so bluntly delivered. It's such a blow but really hope you don't need them!!

Xx

Hopeful, so sorry but hopefully the two you have will be it and you won't even have to worry about it.

I'm on day 9 of Stims. Things are going well. My e2 was over 1800 and my biggest follicle was 16.8mm so I just took meds now and probably will tomorrow to have trigger on Thursday and Er on Saturday which is good for my dh as he won't have to take off work. I am just really ready to get to the trigger. We are so close now which I know I'm really lucky for that. I'm just ready to move on from the med. and shots part. Have another us and bw tomorrow. Hopefully things continue to proceed and I'll be good for trigger on Thursday.

Gl and all the best to everyone.

Hopeful, so sorry but hopefully the two you have will be it and you won't even have to worry about it.

I'm on day 9 of Stims. Things are going well. My e2 was over 1800 and my biggest follicle was 16.8mm so I just took meds now and probably will tomorrow to have trigger on Thursday and Er on Saturday which is good for my dh as he won't have to take off work. I am just really ready to get to the trigger. We are so close now which I know I'm really lucky for that. I'm just ready to move on from the med. and shots part. Have another us and bw tomorrow. Hopefully things continue to proceed and I'll be good for trigger on Thursday.

Gl and all the best to everyone.

That is great. Good luck with trigger and ER!

Just got the call about our other four embryos and none of them made it. Pretty devastated, feel like our doctor made it seem as if two were really promising yesterday and not sure about the other two. He may have just oversimplified since he wasnt sure and we were starting our transfer. The person who called wasn't our nurse and she bluntly just said no embryos frozen so quick and matter of fact like. We were very confused... had to call our regular nurse to get our report and explain a little more more. I think it is hard for some people to remember what this news means to us. Trying to focus on the precious two transferred and hoping for the best. Beta seems far away...

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I think you're right, sometimes these medical professionals forget how confusing, scary and emotional this ride can be - or they see it so much they have to detach a bit. But it is really hard and not fair when you are on the receiving end.

Hoping those two little embies are nestling in and growing stronger each day! When is your beta test?

That is awesome! I'm sending prayers for one sticky bean for you :happydance:

Hi ya everybody,I'm new here! My hubby and me are trying for nearly 7 years now!nothing really wrong with us! Clomid didn't work and now we just had IFv done last week! I had 15 eggs collected on Monday and 7 made it and looked all great so we went for blastocyst transfer on day 5 wich was Saturday sadly we only had 3 left then but they all looked really good they said and we had two frozen! They where a grade 2.2! My bloodtest is next week but I'm really scared that it didn't work as it feels like my af is starting soon! I hope it won't but I just hate the wait! Good luck to all of u xxxxxx

Lina - welcome
It's great news that you had one put back and still two to freeze!
Af type symptoms can be a sign!! Fingers crossed for you!
Xx

Hi everhopeful! I hope so but as we waited so long it's hard not to think it won't work! I do wanna do a test before next tuesday to see what it says but don't think it's a good idea! Are you having IFv at the moment? Best of luck xxx

Welcome everyone and good luck!
Hope that everyone is doing well and hanging in there. I haven't been able to catch up too much in the last couple days. I have had such horrible back pain. I am on cd10 and hoping that we have some good news tomorrow. I go for us and bw in the morning. Yesterday my follicles were averaging about a 10. There was a 12 and 13. They are growing slowly but surely. There are quite a few which is great. I started ganerelix today. Can I just say that I am so over the shots. I am really hoping it is all worth it in the end. I'm now up to 3/day. 375 follistim, 75 menopur, and now ganerelix. Soon we will have progesterone and trigger shot...and more fun stuff.
It is nice to know I am not the only one going through all this. It is hard to see people get pregnant so easily.
Anyone else have major back pain on Stims? I have my heating pad on low and am hoping for some relief so I can get some sleep. My appt is early in the morning.
Good luck everyone and baby dust to all.

Hi Lina- yes on the dreaded 2WW. I feel like I'm always very negative about it all now. I've seen so many BFN's and I think it's my coping/ defense mechanism. Each month I find something that might just be a sign, get excited then WHAM BFN!! Crashing back down again!!
When I fell pregnant with my son 4 years ago, I really wasn't very positive. I had period type cramps etc but turns out that was my SIGN!!
Fingers crossed for you. Hope we both get our BFP's!!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"