IVF in june/july 2012

Hi gncope,

Sorry you are in so much pain. Hope that the heat helps and that you get some good news at your next scan!!
Good luck,
Xx

Just got the call about our other four embryos and none of them made it. Pretty devastated, feel like our doctor made it seem as if two were really promising yesterday and not sure about the other two. He may have just oversimplified since he wasnt sure and we were starting our transfer. The person who called wasn't our nurse and she bluntly just said no embryos frozen so quick and matter of fact like. We were very confused... had to call our regular nurse to get our report and explain a little more more. I think it is hard for some people to remember what this news means to us. Trying to focus on the precious two transferred and hoping for the best. Beta seems far away...

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I think you're right, sometimes these medical professionals forget how confusing, scary and emotional this ride can be - or they see it so much they have to detach a bit. But it is really hard and not fair when you are on the receiving end.

Hoping those two little embies are nestling in and growing stronger each day! When is your beta test?

Thank you :) Beta is next Thurs 7/26

Newbiemum good luck with ER today!

Welcome lina!

Gncope I am just starting stims tonight so I can't say how I'll feel on them. Sorry you are so uncomfortable. Hopefully you are feeling better and just keep reminding yourself this is temporary and for oh so good cause!!

Afm, I've been on Lupron for two weeks. I had my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork this am. They will call with my instructions to start Follistim and menopur tonight. I'm excited and ready to get things moving!!

L4hope- how exciting!! It's great to be getting started! Good luck with the stims!

Hopeful girl - my beta is also on the 26th. Are you going to hpt first?

I am so glad you asked me this... I have been struggling with it. I see that a lot of ladies are doing it the day before of morning of Beta. I can see the benefits both ways, if we decide to do hpt then we are in control and not just at the mercy of THE PHONE CALL but we have to keep in mind that we could get a false reading that could send us in a tailspin too. I'm leaning towards doing it the morning of my Beta next Thursday but knowing that if I get a negative it may not be accurate but could prepare me a little more. Then if I do see a faint line or positive that it could also mean that I'm not really pregnant. Obviously from my babbling I'm still trying to figure it out. I don't think anything will make the phone call any easier but I guess it does take back some of the control even if just a little. Tell me your thoughts... what are you going to do? I'm also debating whether to do it without dragging my dh into the emotions, I think he would be against the hpt since it may not be accurate... :wacko:

Congrats NewbieMum! That is great!

So, I'm on for ET tomorrow morning. Eeek! I'm nervous! And excited! And nervous!!:blush:

She said I had three that are already meeting the criteria they have to go ahead with a day 3. I have no idea what that means and if that is a good thing or not. Still praying I have some left to freeze!!!:cold:

Best of luck tomorrow hopeful. I'm sure it will go great.

Had my us and bw this morning. My e2 is over 3200 and my follicles are right where they need to be so they are only having me do 75 of menopour tonight and I'm pretty sure I'll trigger tomorrow with Er on Saturday. So excited and nervous and totally ready to move on.

Hopeful- getting so close now!! Hopefully you get to trigger soon. X

Congrats NewbieMum! That is great!

So, I'm on for ET tomorrow morning. Eeek! I'm nervous! And excited! And nervous!!:blush:

She said I had three that are already meeting the criteria they have to go ahead with a day 3. I have no idea what that means and if that is a good thing or not. Still praying I have some left to freeze!!!:cold:

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Missannabelle and hopeful girl- I was just thinking about when to test also (my beta is 7/25). There is no way that I'll be able to wait until they call me. I'll definitely test the morning of 7/25 but I think I'll end up testing may before that as well- maybe on 7/23-I don't like suspense!

I am so glad you asked me this... I have been struggling with it. I see that a lot of ladies are doing it the day before of morning of Beta. I can see the benefits both ways, if we decide to do hpt then we are in control and not just at the mercy of THE PHONE CALL but we have to keep in mind that we could get a false reading that could send us in a tailspin too. I'm leaning towards doing it the morning of my Beta next Thursday but knowing that if I get a negative it may not be accurate but could prepare me a little more. Then if I do see a faint line or positive that it could also mean that I'm not really pregnant. Obviously from my babbling I'm still trying to figure it out. I don't think anything will make the phone call any easier but I guess it does take back some of the control even if just a little. Tell me your thoughts... what are you going to do? I'm also debating whether to do it without dragging my dh into the emotions, I think he would be against the hpt since it may not be accurate... :wacko:[/QUOTE

My plan is to test the day before & after the bloodtest to see if the line gets lighter or darker. Easier said because I'm weeks away from testing.

Best of luck tomorrow hopeful. I'm sure it will go great.

Had my us and bw this morning. My e2 is over 3200 and my follicles are right where they need to be so they are only having me do 75 of menopour tonight and I'm pretty sure I'll trigger tomorrow with Er on Saturday. So excited and nervous and totally ready to move on.

Good luck! Take warm socks to ER :)

Hi ladies

For some reason I wasn't getting notified of responses to the thread so I've missed a whole lot of posts! Sorry if it seemed I was a bit quiet :)

Thanks for your support everhopeful and MrsTx - It took me a long time to feel ok after the ectopics and I'm nervous and excited at the same time about IVF :) I went for my first scan today (CD7) and it looks like I have a few follicles around 6mm and a lot more that are smaller than that. I have PCOS so I'm on short protocol (cetrorelix and menopur). They upped my dosage of menopur to 187.5 IIU so the follies can grow grow grow, and I'm back for a scan on Friday. They reckon that ET will be towards the end of next week, but I'm really nervous as I've just started a new job 2 months ago and have a very important meeting next Thur so feeling a little bit stressed about the whole thing even though I'm trying to stay positive.....eek.

All the best of luck, positive thoughts and white lights to you ladies who are doing ER and ET in the next few days. I'm really really really holding thumbs for you girls....

Hugs,
Carmen. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back