IVF in june/july 2012

well lon story short i had my first follicle scan todayand im worried

iv got a 23 mm cycts along with the other follies xx

ok, I don't know anything about the cycts but what did the dr say?
Do you know how many follies you have? They have never seen the cycts before?

iv got pcos so i thort i wud have a few but iv just got the one prety big one
im worried its gunna stop the follicles groing or damage them
i had
6 x 6-8mm
9x9-11mm
2x12
1x14mm
1x16mm
plus the 23mm cyct
and the linig was 14mm
x

iv got pcos so i thort i wud have a few but iv just got the one prety big one
im worried its gunna stop the follicles groing or damage them
i had
6 x 6-8mm
9x9-11mm
2x12
1x14mm
1x16mm
plus the 23mm cyct
and the linig was 14mm
x

Well I think its a pretty good report especially on your first scan!! So it means you've started the injections 5 days ago? They still have time to grow and they gros faster at the end!! At least you have alot!! You dont want them to be too big already casue then they will be too big when comes ER!! To me it looks good and I dont think you should worry!!

im on day 7 of gonal f hun
tonight is day 8
just got a call from my clinicn with my e2 results and im to stay on the same dose xx

ok so they still have plenty of time to grow!!!! Dont worry!! :)
Good luck and let us know how is the next report! xo

how many mm can they grow per day? most of my folles were at 9-10mm xx

I'm thinking it is 1mm but Im not 100% sure!! but I know after 5 days I had one at 12 and that one was too big after 12 days which was 7 days later, it was over 23mm.. so you dont want them too big just yet.

The Dr had told me after my first scan that they were growing too fast.. ended up with 11 eggs retreived, 9 matured, 8 fertilized and on the 5dt there was one good embryo and 2 poorer embryos left. :S

im happy with the 9 iv got ay 8-10 im hopin one of thoses will become my bby
im just gutted bout the cyct
but not suprised cos i do have pcos
but my fs didnt seem concerned at all by it
xx

well there ya go!! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about!! Please go one day at a time and dont think too much!! I know its hard.. I'm in the TWW right now and I'm going crazy!! But it's best for us and the future babies to calm down and not stress!! xo

im happy with the 9 iv got ay 8-10 im hopin one of thoses will become my bby
im just gutted bout the cyct
but not suprised cos i do have pcos
but my fs didnt seem concerned at all by it
xx

Hang in there. I have pcos as well and they saw a cyst amongst my follies. It didn't seem to be an issue. My follicles grew about 2mm/day. I don't think your cyst would affect that. I had my ER yesterday and it went pretty good, just waiting for the call for how many were retrieved and fertilized etc.
They adjusted my Meds up and down and did lots of scans and bloodwork to keep an eye on them. My retrieval ended up being on day 17. My follicles were all 20+. I started off slow and then they all caught up. Hang in there!

Wow thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I wish I had time to message you all personally :) yesterday was ER and i think it went pretty good, although I really don't have much info. I am waiting for the call. They didn't end up going through belly/abdomen, just vaginally and so I don't know if they were able to get to my left ovary or not. I kept bugging the nurses to tell me how many follicles and one finally said she thinks maybe 13 but didn't remember and they really couldn't say. 13 seems very few to me compared to the 20-30 I saw during every ultrasound. Maybe they felt that was enough and didn't do the left ovary. I have no idea. I am still pretty sore today...thank goodness for percocet. It is definitely a different kind of soreness than the horrible pain I was in before so I am hoping it subsides very soon. It is very tender. The RE told me that they may my ET on Saturday and do a FET next month depending on how the embryos look. I have very mixed feelings about this...one I am a little concerned with ohss, considering the pain I was in before. They are keeping a close eye on it. Part of me feels like let's get this done, I have come this far and the other part of me feels like a break would be nice. I completely trust that my RE will make the best decision for me. Just waiting for the call regarding retrieval and anxious to know if I start progesterone shots, cream, estrogen patches etc today. I also have my scrapbook retreat starting today so the sooner I know the better.
Have a good day ladies!

Wow thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I wish I had time to message you all personally :) yesterday was ER and i think it went pretty good, although I really don't have much info. I am waiting for the call. They didn't end up going through belly/abdomen, just vaginally and so I don't know if they were able to get to my left ovary or not. I kept bugging the nurses to tell me how many follicles and one finally said she thinks maybe 13 but didn't remember and they really couldn't say. 13 seems very few to me compared to the 20-30 I saw during every ultrasound. Maybe they felt that was enough and didn't do the left ovary. I have no idea. I am still pretty sore today...thank goodness for percocet. It is definitely a different kind of soreness than the horrible pain I was in before so I am hoping it subsides very soon. It is very tender. The RE told me that they may my ET on Saturday and do a FET next month depending on how the embryos look. I have very mixed feelings about this...one I am a little concerned with ohss, considering the pain I was in before. They are keeping a close eye on it. Part of me feels like let's get this done, I have come this far and the other part of me feels like a break would be nice. I completely trust that my RE will make the best decision for me. Just waiting for the call regarding retrieval and anxious to know if I start progesterone shots, cream, estrogen patches etc today. I also have my scrapbook retreat starting today so the sooner I know the better.
Have a good day ladies!

Hope you feel better soon!! 13 is a great number!! They retreived 11 for me and when they did scans while doing testing to see the cause of infertility I had 36 follicles on a natural cycle!! So it's different everytime but I don't see alot of ladies getting more then 10-15 follies retreived so dont give up!! :)
Good luck xo

Hey ladies, I just wanted to give one final update. We went for our first sono today and got to see the baby, just one, and hear the perfect little heartbeat of 136. I have been waiting for this day for 3 1/2 years and it seems so surreal. I want to thank each of you for your support through this whole process and making it that much easier emotionally. I have really enjoyed being a part of this thread and I will continue to read all of your updates. Congrats to all the ladies who have gotten their BFP's and good luck to all the ladies who are waiting...I wish you all the best. XOXO

mstx- congrats =) no pics? i put mine behind a spoiler (though not in my sig)

congrats mstx!!! Must be a releif to hear the heart beat!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->