IVF in March/April-1st Round! Any 1st time buddies here..?!

dbluett - my only advice would be to be prepared to take things very easy afterwards. I was wiped out for the best part of a week afterwards. I spent the first few days pole axed on the sofa and was sore and bloated. I imagine that everyone responds differently though. I've just had my Day 10 scan (I've stimmed for 7 days now) and have a similar number of follicles to you, some of which are around the 18mm mark. It looks like I'll be having egg retrieval on Sunday. Am not looking forward to that. I remember waking up and bursting into tears last time as I was so sore. The tears may have been caused by the anaesthesia though! Good luck!

marbear - congratulations, that's great news! You must be thrilled.

Any suggestions you can give regarding egg collection ? I am very nervous about that part.[/QUOTE]

They retrieved 33 eggs from me and were concerned I would be hurting and have OHSS becaase they retireved so many. However, I was absoluety fine, I slept that day with a heating pad on my abdomen and kept it on all night and was right back the work the next day with no problems. Hopefully yours goes just as smoothly.

Egg retrieval will be on Friday. My estrogen level is extremely high (not uncommon for people with PCOS) so they can not wait another day. They measusred 14 follicels today i had 1 18mm, a few 15mm, 16mm and 17mm. Just hoping a few of them have eggies in them. Very nervous!!!!

Egg retrieval will be on Friday. My estrogen level is extremely high (not uncommon for people with PCOS) so they can not wait another day. They measusred 14 follicels today i had 1 18mm, a few 15mm, 16mm and 17mm. Just hoping a few of them have eggies in them. Very nervous!!!!

That sounds really positive. It sounds to me like you should get a decent yield of eggs.

Well was hoping to get started after today's scan but they found a polyp that I will have surgery on next week to remove...it is so hard to be patient!

Took my lupron trigger last night. Just go the call that bloodwork looks good and we are all set for tomorrow at 9:45.:thumbup: Will let everybody know how it goes. [-o<

Egg retrieval went well. Dr said he was able to get 16.Will get an update call tomorrow Now just have to careful of over stimulation. Even drinking Gatorade and eating food with protein. Starting taking estrogen pills. Dr changed my progesterone supplements from vaginal suppressant to a shot of oil. Thanks for all the support. Will keep everybody updated.

Egg retrieval went well. Dr said he was able to get 16.Will get an update call tomorrow Now just have to careful of over stimulation. Even drinking Gatorade and eating food with protein. Starting taking estrogen pills. Dr changed my progesterone supplements from vaginal suppressant to a shot of oil. Thanks for all the support. Will keep everybody updated.

Yah! Rest up! I won't start my ivf for a couple weeks. Advice? Hardest part you thought?

Hello ladies! I am in the start of our very first (and hopefully only!) IVF cycle. I started the Lupron injections yesterday a.m and will be starting the stem meds on April 25th. God, I pray this works, for all of us!! Hope u all don't mind me chiming in. I'm glad I came across this thread. I need some first time IVF buddies, for sure!

I wish you all lots and lots of sticky baby dust!!! :dust:

Great news! I hope everything goes absolutely perfectly for you!!! GOOD LUCK!

Waitingongod, when about do u expect your transfer and such? Mine is expected to be around May 4th. Maybe you and I will be very close in our TWW. :). Good luck hun!

Just got my day one daily update. Had 16 eggs retrieved,14 were mature, 11 got fertilized. Yah!!!

I think the hardest part was the retrieval. It just wipes you out.

Waitingongod, when about do u expect your transfer and such? Mine is expected to be around May 4th. Maybe you and I will be very close in our TWW. :). Good luck hun!

Not sure! Won't know time line till after surgery but hopefully the same week as you though! I don't never done this. Know any more prep work they do other than uterus scan?

That's great dbluett! I completely agree about egg collection. I was wiped out last time. I'm heading in for egg collection tomorrow morning and am dreading it. Still, this time in 24 hours it will all be over.

That's great dbluett! I completely agree about egg collection. I was wiped out last time. I'm heading in for egg collection tomorrow morning and am dreading it. Still, this time in 24 hours it will all be over.

How are you doing Frustrated? Hope all went well. I am feeling much better. Still a little tired, and have some minor cramps.

Got my day 2 update. 9 of the 11 eggs divided again!

Things aren't going to great at this end Dbluett. We retrieved 11 eggs yesterday (as compared to 15 last time). Only 6 were mature (as compared to 12 last time) and only 2 have fertilised (as compared to 8 last time. Last time we sent 9 to IMSI of which 8 fertilised and 3 to IVF of which none fertilised. Thus our rate of IMSI fertilisation was over 85% last time compared to 33% this time).

I imagine that if they make it that far we will end up doing a day 3 transfer, in which case I will ask them to put both embryos back in I think subject to the embryologists guidance. If we don't get anything from this cycle then I am lucky enough to have three blastocysts in the freezer from last time round, so we will defrost one and put it back in one Friday if we get to that stage. Am just a bit shocked that there has been such a difference between my two cycles as I was actually on more expensive meds this time round and appeared to be responding better.

Things aren't going to great at this end Dbluett. We retrieved 11 eggs yesterday (as compared to 15 last time). Only 6 were mature (as compared to 12 last time) and only 2 have fertilised (as compared to 8 last time. Last time we sent 9 to IMSI of which 8 fertilised and 3 to IVF of which none fertilised. Thus our rate of IMSI fertilisation was over 85% last time compared to 33% this time).

I imagine that if they make it that far we will end up doing a day 3 transfer, in which case I will ask them to put both embryos back in I think subject to the embryologists guidance. If we don't get anything from this cycle then I am lucky enough to have three blastocysts in the freezer from last time round, so we will defrost one and put it back in one Friday if we get to that stage. Am just a bit shocked that there has been such a difference between my two cycles as I was actually on more expensive meds this time round and appeared to be responding better.

Sorry to hear Frustrated. :hugs: Keep us posted. I go in on Wed for my transfer. As of this morning, I still had 9 that were still dividing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->