IVF in March/April-1st Round! Any 1st time buddies here..?!

I've just hound this website after reading many threads. My husband and I have started our first cycle of ICSI. I had my ET yesterday and have to take a pregnancy test on 26th April.

I'm concerned about how much pain I experienced at egg collection. When I came round from the sedation I was in excruciating pain. It was that bad they had to give me morphine. I didn't OS as I only had 12 f. They collected 9, 8 matured but only one fertilised. I was gutted about that but I'm trying to stay positive as it only takes one. What also was lovely was when I had the ET they had a classical music CD playing and it was our song I walked down the aisle too...that's was a weird thing I can tell you.

Wishing everyone well...and hello!

Hellow Girls

Good luck to all of you and Baby dust <3

so i am also here with my First IVF cycyle.... Gonal F 225u injection started from yesterday 13th April... it will go on till coming Sunday and will go for a scan on Monday Morning

Hope so it will work for us this time... you all are in my prayers

Welcome girls! Good luck! I was suppose to start but found a polyp so surgery Thursday then have appointment Monday to get my time line to start ivf! Just being patient right now...

Going for my day 5 transfer tomorrow morning. :yippy:

Congrats Dbluett! Good luck. Are you just putting one back in? Hopefully you will have quite a few to freeze based on the number that fertilised &#128512;

Our two lone fertilised eggs are still soldering on. Today one was 8 cells (the correct size for day 3) and the other was 10 cells (a bit far ahead and dividing unevenly). We took the decision to push on for day 5 in the hope that one or both of them makes it. If the worst comes to the worst, they will defrost one of my frozen embryos and transfer that on day 5 or 6. And so the wait continues....

Transfer went well. Dr was extremely happy with everything.:thumbup: Fustrated1 my Dr only puts one back. It looks like we may have about 4 or 5 to freeze. They wanted to watch them for one more day and said they will call us tomorrow. Now we are in the TWW.

The best of luck Dbluett. Cramps and dizzy spells were good signs for me during the TWW. I ended up doing a home pregnancy test at 8 days post a 5 day transfer (so 13 days post egg collection) as I didn't want to wait two weeks post transfer for a blood test. I then arranged for my blood test as soon as I got my positive at home. I imagine we will do the same this time round too. When do you plan to test?

cyberchick0- my pregnancy test is on April 28th. :dust: [-o&lt;

Just got an email from my dr office, they were able to freeze 5 embryos. :thumbup:

Awesome news!!!!!! Congrats on those frosties.....now the waiting begins!!!!!

Good Luck dbluett, prayers are on your way

tomorrow at CD11 going for a scan and Dr meetup. let see how my follicles are behaving :)

how much time we wait to collect eggs? and how much time we wait for embryo fertilization?

Good Luck dbluett, prayers are on your way

tomorrow at CD11 going for a scan and Dr meetup. let see how my follicles are behaving :)

how much time we wait to collect eggs? and how much time we wait for embryo fertilization?

Thanks Aein. I am 4dpt. Feeling good. Had a few light cramps yesterday. Hope everything goes well for you.

yuhoo so finally scan went well with plenty of follicles some of them are really good in size, but Dr needs more good.. so he put me on injections for 2 more days and Thursday will be another scan...

as per Dr probably Saturday will be the egg catching day... wait n wait again :)

Hey ladies, so nice to see so many of you doing your IVF cycle now too!

I actually just did my transfer on Saturday (2 days ago) and I'm on my last day of bed rest. My doctor prescribes 72 hours of bed rest, which I've heard other clinics only prescribe 48 hours.

The egg retrieval for me wasn't so bad (the procedure and the recovery), but the actual transfer was not fun at all. Having a full bladder while they put pressure on it for the ultrasound hurt so bad!

Being on day 3 of bed rest, I'm surprised that I'm feeling more cramps and discomfort this morning than I did the last couple of days. I hope that's a good sign. I hope the cramps mean one of the embryos are implanting.

I'm 33 and my doctor prescribed me aggressive dosages of medication because for a 33 y/o I naturally had very few follicles. I was on Gonal F 300, Menopur (2 vials), and Micro Lupron (or Leuprolide Acetate). 4 shots a day I had to give myself!

Even with the aggressive meds, there was only 4 eggs to retrieve, and only 3 of them were big enough for fertilization. I had them transfer 2 embryos.

I've got my pregnancy test scheduled for April 28 (only like a week away)!

Looking forward to sharing on this forum.
Good luck everyone!

Aein - lets keep those follies growing!! Lots of quality eggs!

Socal - Welcome! I was always wondering about bedrest, I think I have to do 2 days this time but I don't remember them prescribing any to me last time. Fxed that those cramps are a great sign for you! Will you test early?

Welcome socal girl!
I had no bed rest. The place i go said that there there have been multiple studies that show bed rest actually does not increase your chances of becoming pregnant. I just had light activities for 3 days and no lifting 25 lbs or more. My beta is also scheduled for 4/28.

Aein- sounds promising.

ttcbaby, thank you for the welcome. I don't think I'll test early...even though I still have like 5 or 6 HPT left, I think I will wait to see what the blood test results are in a week. =)

dbluett, yeah I've heard that the bed rest thing is subjective and will be different advice from different doctors. I think the most important thing is to make sure we're relaxed as much as possible; physically, mentally and emotionally. The bed rest for me was an opportunity for positive reflection and 'prayer' (for lack of a better word). Otherwise, I'd busy myself with household chores and work.

Also the rule for no lifting anything heavier than a certain number of lbs - also seems very subjective too. My doctor said no lifting 10 lbs or more, which means I can't pick up my 16 lb. doggie. =( but it's interesting your doctor says nothing over 25 lbs.

Good luck on your beta!

Thanks for the response. Yes the bedrest thing is very controversial. I see on my IVF schedule that they want me to do 2 days. I don't mind, watching some TV and chilling for a couple of days.

I am trying to find an online pharmacy to buy my IVF meds. Who did everyone use? Has anyone every purchased from the online pharmacies based in London and Isreal?

Thanks for the response. Yes the bedrest thing is very controversial. I see on my IVF schedule that they want me to do 2 days. I don't mind, watching some TV and chilling for a couple of days.

I am trying to find an online pharmacy to buy my IVF meds. Who did everyone use? Has anyone every purchased from the online pharmacies based in London and Isreal?

I bought my meds from Freedom Fertillity

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->